• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Another match announced for the next PROGRESS show;

Y7BBnO9.jpg

Both are making their debuts. I'm familiar with Dunne, as I saw some of the shows he and Mark Andrews performed on their US tour last year, but haven't seen Robbie X - has he wrestled PCW, Jeff? I'm sure I recall you mentioning him.

I don't have a last FM account, I feel left out. :(

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure Lou Thesz didn't have one either. He probably wouldn't have approved.

Laserfrog

I'll just tell you songs I enjoy instead.
  1. That song in Star Trek 4 where Kirk says "Well a double dumbass on you!"
  2. The collective works of Hall & Oates
  3. Bill Withers
  4. Jethro Tull
  5. James Cotton
  6. Whale Song
  7. 56kb modems

jmdajr

Music sucks it's all about podcast for the working man

*PSSST^

Good-bye Joe, me gotta go, me oh my oh
Me gotta go pole the pirogue down the bayou
My Yvonne, the sweetest one, me oh my oh
Son of a gun, we’ll have big fun on the bayou

(Chorus)
Jambalaya and a crawfish pie and file' gumbo
'Cause tonight I’m gonna see my ma cher amio
Pick guitar, fill fruit jar and be gay-o

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's purely unintentional. England knows what's up. They had punk rock for what, 5 years before moving onto something else? Meanwhile over here you have 60 year-old jackasses in eyeliner and mohawks still clinging to the past.

Remember when America invented Punk Rock and then some cunts from Britain tried to steal credit for it? I remember(September)

Kaladin

Good-bye Joe, me gotta go, me oh my oh
Me gotta go pole the pirogue down the bayou
My Yvonne, the sweetest one, me oh my oh

(Chorus)
Jambalaya and a crawfish pie and file' gumbo
'Cause tonight I’m gonna see my ma cher amio
Pick guitar, fill fruit jar and be gay-o

Posting Hank Williams lyrics? You just took a spot in my Fave Five, playa.

Remember when America invented Punk Rock and then some cunts from Britain tried to steal credit for it? I remember(September)

John Deacon from Queen invented R&B and Rap then Dr. Dre stole John Deacon and locked him in his basement. Brian May is still searching for him today.

Which songs?

The ones from Rocksmith so far, if I like them without playing along to them on guitar I might even buy an entire album. That's something I do maybe once a year, and it's usually the latest album from a band I liked pre-2000. Cos I'm old.

Warp Asylum
Soul Crusher
Black Sunshine

Thunder Kiss '65

gnrmjd

^That version of Tough Enough was awesome. It kind of sucks that Cameron is the one who got a job and she was the first one eliminated. I loved the show but can't believe they released the guy who won. They could have a least hired Luke to make up for it or Jeremiah.

strobogo

Banned
I don't enjoy punk music. I don't get the appeal of it. To me, the ethos seems to be "Play hard, play loud, play fast, don't try to be accurate" and as soon as melodies and actual musicianship enters the picture, it becomes a different genre. And then I hear something like the Replacements and can't figure out how that is considered punk at all.

I also don't know what constitutes indie music. Is it a genre itself or anything done on an independent label?

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't enjoy punk music. I don't get the appeal of it. To me, the ethos seems to be "Play hard, play loud, play fast, don't try to be accurate" and as soon as melodies and actual musicianship enters the picture, it becomes a different genre. And then I hear something like the Replacements and can't figure out how that is considered punk at all.

You say that, but I don't see how anyone can listen to Bad Religion and not enjoy it.

/makes WrassleGAF playlist on itunes

Aii: The Prodigy - Omen
Bootaaay: Scorpions - The Sails Of Charon
Carnby: I Am Surrounded By Incompetence - Foetus
Lambda Piscium: Clemente - Vais partir
Laserfrog: Laserfrog Titantron by Laserfrog
Mr. Luchador: Hot Butter - Popcorn
Plywood: Marky Mark And The Funky Bunch - Good Vibrations
Sblargh: Talulah Gosh - Testcard Girl

Feel like we've just had an insight into some e-fed past lives.

^That version of Tough Enough was awesome. It kind of sucks that Cameron is the one who got a job and she was the first one eliminated. I loved the show but can't believe they released the guy who won. They could have a least hired Luke to make up for it or Jeremiah.

After watching it, I can see why they didn't want Aries on there. He would have made the rest of them look even worse than they did and ran away with the competition.

so...punk was just people mumbling into a mic before "rock" was added to it?

a bunch of bagpipes being played instead of guitars?

There's Punk, then there's Punk Rock. I prefer the latter, which was popularised in America during the 80s, while British punk was turning more in favour of ska and 2 tone.

Dr. Duncan Steel said:
I'll respect anyone's taste in music as long as they love Fleetwood Mac

High five.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtmW2ek7WkQ

Pavaloo

Against Avatars, against Last.fm. Such a rebel.

I bet you're really into Rage Against The Machine, aren't you?

back in high school one of my woodworking teachers just started imitating RATM (killing in the name of) as a whiny child and after that I could honestly NEVER listen to them again.

he saved me that day.

Gannd

Banned
There was a surprising amount of Sting in that Warrior documentary. He is pretty good at just talking into the camera. I look forward to a documentary about him which WWE is hopefully already working on.

Was Sting in the WARRIOR: THE ULTIMATE LEGEND?

geomon

back in high school one of my woodworking teachers just started imitating RATM (killing in the name of) as a whiny child and after that I could honestly NEVER listen to them again.

he saved me that day.

My shop teacher had missing fingers. Never took that class again.

Top Bottom