• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also WTF at trying to classify Best Coast as anything other than lo-fi. that's all it is. sounds like an old shitty Sebadoh record. Less garbage though

jmdajr

It's amazing how little I listen to music these days. That's something I used to do constantly.

Now the only time I do that is while working out, and I'm pretty much..not working out.

jmdajr

Way too many genre names for music. It's ridiculous. It feels like every artists now is in his or her own genre now.

I can only imagine how many submerges metal has these days. I can't keep up.

I don't know what bands are big these days or anything. I feel the days of so called "super groups" are over.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
are you saying that you were a hipster before it was cool

i use my 'one mainstream band' cred on pearl jam. everything else, i can't listen to it if they autocomplete on youtube. i got a rep to keep up.

Pavaloo

It's amazing how little I listen to music these days. That's something I used to do constantly.

Now the only time I do that is while working out, and I'm pretty much..not working out.
Same deal for me. It's really weird :/ Even when I work out I'll just put on a podcast these days.

Doesn't help that anytime I listen to music I just listen my faves and don't bother listening to new stuff.
Way too many genre names for music. It's ridiculous. It feels like every artists now is in his or her own genre now.

For real! Everything is overlapping too - it's like modern game design.

strobogo

Banned
ibxbTnuB4X4zuP.gif

iFQYJ1pIdieA6.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Everyone wants to be special once ICP showed up and made an entire genre out of something that didn't exist.

jmdajr

Same deal for me. It's really weird :/ If when I work out I'll just put on a podcast these days.

Doesn't help that anytime I listen to music I just listen my faves and don't bother listening to new stuff.

Yup all podcasts in the car or sports radio. Just feel like I am missing out on info listening to music.

Podcasts, I couldn't concentrate while working out, so music still good for that. But I'm with you, I just listened to my old music, or see if old bands I like have new albums. But I have stopped seeking out music.

jmdajr

well damn

edit: Hell I find myself listening to pop music these days. Some. To be blunt the type of stuff that only 10 years ago would be labeled as "gay ass shit."

Luckily we are beyond that now, so what's a better term. Weak, lame, poopy? Not like I care, I'm ok with some of these Pop Divas.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you only grab music used in car commercials, you've got a library of a qualified Pitchfork reviewer.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have a lastfm account from 2005, but I think someone else took it? Because it has music I don't listen to, and I haven't used lastfm since like 2007, but the top artists and songs are still mine.

It's weird. High school Dragonzord loved some Atom and his Package.

jmdajr

On Pandora I have the Kid Bath time station. Yup. And yes, that has lots of cover songs. God forbid they play the original.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Your musical compatibility with oldschoolgoth is HIGH
Music you have in common includes Combichrist, Bonnie Tyler, Scooter, The Prodigy and Motörhead.

This is surprising.

Fuck, we've both listened to Scooter.

Top Bottom