• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Wrasslin' |OT2| The Coronation of The King of Swing

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
D-Bry winning the title at WM, only to defend it in meaningless matches (like Kane) up to SS and losing at SS is exactly like Benoit, they must have a script for smaller internet darling wrestlers

i1NXXtU00hRje.gif

Every time I post about being excited for Slam City I feel like

Zach

Guys, I know I'm a sick man, but after the Warrior died so suddenly, all I've thought about is how one of the following will be dying soon:

Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair
The Undertaker
Vince McMahon

Taking bets now. >_>

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I know I'm a sick man, but after the Warrior died so suddenly, all I've thought about is how one of the following will be dying soon:

Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair
The Undertaker
Vince McMahon

Taking bets now. >_>

Unfortunately, I'm confident it'll be Flair.

Penguin

Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair
The Undertaker
Vince McMahon

Taking bets now. >_>

Wow
That's depressing

Based on that list... would imagine Vince due to age.

Sblargh

Banned
I could help with a TEW thingie, but I'm weirdly invested in doing an organic mod based on an apocalyptic event of some sort.

Mod starts in the 1920s with one company and 7 wrestlers and others start to pop up during the game (it's really based on the Effverse mod), TV and PPV will never exist so you have to keep traveling around like a circus to raise popularity, most promotions are mix of hardcore, comedy, women's wrestling only, daredevil and risque; all about blood and sex for that post apocalypt cheap thrill.

Drugs, smoking and drinking is very common, and this, plus the high danger level of the matches mean injuries and deaths are somewhat frequent.

As the game progresses, some sort of fascist authority begin to develop and by the 80s, drug and alcohol abuse start to be replaced by problems with the law and state-sponsored steroid abuse as whoever is in charge demands people to use them as citzens need to look strong. At this point, there are some promotions based on patriotism, good vs evil, men are allowed in some, other few doesn't even have women in it!

By the 90s, the above reach its peak, when in 2000 a civil war breaks out and the economy goes to shit and the game starts to bring itself back to 1920 levels of sex, blood and death in the ring.

All in all, my 14 year old self is pretty proud of it.

Thorakai

Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair
The Undertaker
Vince McMahon

Taking bets now. >_>

Yea you're horrible.

Sting via F5.

Sephzilla

Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair
The Undertaker
Vince McMahon

Taking bets now. >_>

Sadly my money would be on Flair. All of those years of his lifestyle are going to catch up to him sooner or later. Hogan would probably be next up after that. Taker's not even 50 yet, and Vince is going to live forever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vince has an IV drop of Muscle Milk, he's immortal.

Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair
The Undertaker
Vince McMahon

Taking bets now. >_>

For some reason, I got the odd feeling that Cena might just pass before all of them. Just dying in the middle of the ring do to sheer exhaustion.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If Vince dies my avatar goes to the RIP one from 07. Forever~

Kurt Angle is still on top of my "wrestlers who will die soon" list.

But he has been there for a few years now and he is still giving it the business so I dont know.

Rapstah

D-Bry winning the title at WM, only to defend it in meaningless matches (like Kane) up to SS and losing at SS is exactly like Benoit, they must have a script for smaller internet darling wrestlers

Trying to follow the PPV history is confusing as hell. He has a rematch at Backlash, then actually faces Kane at Bad Blood, then Triple H has the belt at Vengeance.

Edit: No, wait, huh, I swear it said Triple H (C) versus someone else at Vengeance 2004. Sorry.

Sephzilla

Kurt Angle is still on top of my "wrestlers who will die soon" list.

But he has been there for a few years now and he is still giving it the business so I dont know.

Now that you mention it, yeah, he's the most likely. Flair, Hogan, Vince, and probably Taker are all done in the ring for safety reasons. TNA will trot Angle out there for as long as they can.

geomon

I'm still putting Jake Roberts and Scott Hall above everyone else on the wrestling death watch list. I know they're supposedly clean and everything now but so many years of abuse has to take its toll.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Hulk Hogan
Ric Flair
The Undertaker
Vince McMahon

Taking bets now. >_>
I hope Vince lives to 102 and they find a way to preserve his brain for the inevitable Vince bot, he lives, breathes and is the company dammit. Also if he were put into a robot he'd be able to control his sneeze.

jred2k

There is an indie show about a 2 hour drive from me this weekend. As much as I'd love to see some live wrestling I don't think I'll be going.

Bkp_RQMCUAAEzsK.jpg

Zach

If only the booking of Punk/Rock at EC was at Royal Rumble. This is such a better match.

TUSK!

The best album! I just saw them for the first (and probably last) time a year or two ago. "Tusk" was a lot of fun. Lindsey Buckingham is still amazing, I tell ya. Stevie's voice is kinda going, though. :(

Great concert overall, though! Highly recommended!

I dunno, guys. Vince has been looking pretty bad lately... It's sad, but true.

I dont think he looks bad. He looks respectable for the age he is. I don't think he is working out as much as he used to (due to age) - which justifies him looking smaller. I I looked like that in 40 years I'd be happy.

Top Bottom