• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ar nosurge |OT| – Class__EXPAJA;

Wait, so I'm not supposed to do Ion's geometrics right away, I'm about to tackle that, just need a tad more points probably. But it I'm not supposed... lemme ask other way, is it important that I not to do that as in not being able to advance, or it's not necessary at this point?

Talking about hard, I still find battles too long on hard, it's true that normal is easy, but I'll take shorter battles over those dragging too much. After playing some on hard, I switched back to normal.

Assuming you're talking about right when you have access to it early on?

IIRC the last time I played through it you can progress to a certain point, but then you get roadblocked until you get further into the game.

(I think it was a mix of storyline + Genometrics progression, but it was back in November when I did my last playthrough so I don't recall exactly.)

And as far as battles, I usually switched to hard for the boss battles so they weren't painfully easy and left it on normal for the random battles. Except when I wanted to grind for dive points and I'd bump it up.

Wait, so I'm not supposed to do Ion's geometrics right away, I'm about to tackle that, just need a tad more points probably. But it I'm not supposed... lemme ask other way, is it important that I not to do that as in not being able to advance, or it's not necessary at this point?

Talking about hard, I still find battles too long on hard, it's true that normal is easy, but I'll take shorter battles over those dragging too much. After playing some on hard, I switched back to normal.

You wont be able to progress until you do certain other things. It doesn't make any sense until you see those other events anyway, you get asked some questions about stuff you haven't seen yet.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Dunno if this is the right thread for it, but I'm playing through ar tonelico 2 right now to get a better feeling of the universe for Ar no Surge, and I like it quite a lot! How similar is ar no surge to ar tonelico 2?

Thinking of skipping tonelico 1 and 3 and playing through ciel no surge with a translation guide before moving onto ar no surge.

kiryogi

Banned
Dunno if this is the right thread for it, but I'm playing through ar tonelico 2 right now to get a better feeling of the universe for Ar no Surge, and I like it quite a lot! How similar is ar no surge to ar tonelico 2?

Thinking of skipping tonelico 1 and 3 and playing through ciel no surge with a translation guide before moving onto ar no surge.

Just a similar battle system, but same VN mechanics. And if you have the chance, do not skip out on Ar Tonelico 1, that has more impact on Ar nosurge than Ar Tonelico 2 does.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well I just finished 2, and I honestly loved it. Got some annoying parts that just seems mechanically dated but overall was still a really great game. Loved the battle system, where it's generally pretty easy but makes you involved enough that it's still a blast to play. Just loved the general setting and world too, with the way songs are tied to it. Also actually thought the way they handled character development was really well done.

Yeah, I'll probably check out ar tonelico 1 when I have the chance. Really interested in this series and universe now.

How's 3?

kiryogi

Banned
Well I just finished 2, and I honestly loved it. Got some annoying parts that just seems mechanically dated but overall was still a really great game. Loved the battle system, where it's generally pretty easy but makes you involved enough that it's still a blast to play. Just loved the general setting and world too, with the way songs are tied to it. Also actually thought the way they handled character development was really well done.

Yeah, I'll probably check out ar tonelico 1 when I have the chance. Really interested in this series and universe now.

How's 3?

The weak link of the Trilogy. . . But if you've played 1-2, you should play 3 just for completion sake and it does have a payoff for folks that invested into the series that far along. But battles are a real step down, like a cheap ripoff of Tales. Although, I can see what they were trying to do with the dynamic music. The music and story is still as good though. Although, if you're not that pressed to play it, I recommend a watching a video instead? AT3 really turned off a lot of folks new and old.

Top Bottom