• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ar nosurge |OT| – Class__EXPAJA;

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
?? hum ? that's weird .that's where am i ATM.

well no matter i'll turn the entire are upside down if i need to

I think you need to go up to to the top area and run all the way to the end of the area?

Either that or the temple area above Sharl road?

kiryogi

Banned
Well euh i'm kinda lost guys

Just met ion and eartes ( as delta & cass ) , i'm supposed to meet kanon , but i HAVE NO IDEA where to go . i went to the temple sin ce the area openned but it was no good . Any help ?

Check in the back of the temple, there's a little corridor to the left that leads out, that might have been it.

I got the 'bouncy pack' dlc from my ShopTo preorder along with Sarly and Kanon stuff :3

Oh, so I don't think NA got it XD

Finally manage to beat this and got the three "trophy" endings, and for the most part I enjoyed it.

I enjoyed the combat with exception on how the difficulty is being scaled, that being said I just kept it on normal since my JRPG backlog of doom is a terrifying beast.

But yeah, thanks for providing the links to Ciel nosurge since I would've been extremely lost going into this, at least from a character/motivation perspective. That being said I probably would've been more emotionally tied to the characters if I played through Ciel nosurge rather than just read summaries about the events that happened. Personally, I wasn't invested into the characters/world as much as the three AT games, at least until the last phase.

The game was definitely more wordy than I expected, especially during the synthesizing portions. I can admit that I was rolling my eyes when I tried to exit out of the crafting menu just so see a black screen into a cut scene. Having a long conversation for every 2-3 items to craft was rather long winded and was for the most part unnecessary at times. Sometimes less is more...

That saying can also be applied to the fanservice as well. (I'm looking at your Nay!!)

The laughing so hard during the
Shurelia
ending just at how
sudden Delta was at abandoning everyone and everything he once stood for. Congrats master of douches!!

Personally in terms of enjoyment:
AT2>AnS=AT1>AT3

Here's hoping that another one, or at least Ciel nosurge, will popup eventually.

Check in the back of the temple, there's a little corridor to the left that leads out, that might have been it.

That was it.

Anyway Phase 1 done

Phase 1 was cool.

problem is that
i died at be beginning of phase against nero monster and i didn't save beforehand. 1h 20 of play lost ;-;

kiryogi

Banned
Finally manage to beat this and got the three "trophy" endings, and for the most part I enjoyed it.

I enjoyed the combat with exception on how the difficulty is being scaled, that being said I just kept it on normal since my JRPG backlog of doom is a terrifying beast.

But yeah, thanks for providing the links to Ciel nosurge since I would've been extremely lost going into this, at least from a character/motivation perspective. That being said I probably would've been more emotionally tied to the characters if I played through Ciel nosurge rather than just read summaries about the events that happened. Personally, I wasn't invested into the characters/world as much as the three AT games, at least until the last phase.

The game was definitely more wordy than I expected, especially during the synthesizing portions. I can admit that I was rolling my eyes when I tried to exit out of the crafting menu just so see a black screen into a cut scene. Having a long conversation for every 2-3 items to craft was rather long winded and was for the most part unnecessary at times. Sometimes less is more...

That saying can also be applied to the fanservice as well. (I'm looking at your Nay!!)

The laughing so hard during the
Shurelia
ending just at how
sudden Delta was at abandoning everyone and everything he once stood for. Congrats master of douches!!

Personally in terms of enjoyment:
AT2>AnS=AT1>AT3

Here's hoping that another one, or at least Ciel nosurge, will popup eventually.

Well don't forget about interdimend now.
YOU ARE THE DEMONIC DOUCHE THAT MADE THAT DECISION. Haha, someone actually joked somewhere that Casty should have looked at the camera and absolutely scold us for messing with her boyfriend and to knock it off already.

And Ciel is quite an experience if anyone can ever experience it first hand. It's actually the first ever FULL VOICE Tsuchiya game. I'm still trucking along with it, follow my twitter if you want to see my daily misadventures with Ion. XD In any case. . .Speaking of the synthesis. It's always been like that in previous entries, maybe not as heavy handed? In Ciel, you get a full on conversation from Ion as well about it for every single item she makes as well, in full voice to top it off.

Well don't forget about interdimend now.
YOU ARE THE DEMONIC DOUCHE THAT MADE THAT DECISION. Haha, someone actually joked somewhere that Casty should have looked at the camera and absolutely scold us for messing with her boyfriend and to knock it off already.
He he he, true true. But man if they would've done that it would've changed that scene from cringe to
8308.gif

Speaking of the synthesis. It's always been like that in previous entries, maybe not as heavy handed?
It wasn't necessarily the synthesis explanations, but the stories in-between getting the item recipes. But yeah, heavy-handed is a good way of describing this especially with how emotional they get in the later phases.

^-^ Congrats you have a new follower!!

This might be the right moment to ask , but are the dlc on the SEN store just cosmopheres ? and just cosmetic for field exploration/battle or did i miss something ?

The real question is : is this worth a purchase ASAP ?

kiryogi

Banned
This might be the right moment to ask , but are the dlc on the SEN store just cosmopheres ? and just cosmetic for field exploration/battle or did i miss something ?

The real question is : is this worth a purchase ASAP ?

Shirotaka is yes. His DLC is two new genometrics, one for Casty and one for Ion. Plus new song magic. Very hilarious awesome song magic.

Meanwhile, the Kanon/Nay DLC lets you do purification discussion with them. So it's further character development. In any case if you had to pick one for sure, get the Shirotaka DLC.

Shirotaka is yes. His DLC is two new genometrics, one for Casty and one for Ion. Plus new song magic. Very hilarious awesome song magic.

Meanwhile, the Kanon/Nay DLC lets you do purification discussion with them. So it's further character development. In any case if you had to pick one for sure, get the Shirotaka DLC.

is there a moment to get this dlc or can i just get it ( since i'm just at the start of phase 2 ) now ?

Wait more discussions ? does that mean more talk topics to gather ?
thank for the answer BTW

I finally got some time for gaming, I played it for around 3 hours and I'm having a lot of fun. I love how the characters just talk and talk about pointless crap, I love the battle system, and the music is great.

I set the game to Veteran because so far it was a joke. I don't know wtf I'd think about the story if I hadn't read Ciel, haha.

Also, I know that
Zill
is a boss and I can't wait to kick their ass for all the BS they did in Ciel.

kiryogi

Banned
is there a moment to get this dlc or can i just get it ( since i'm just at the start of phase 2 ) now ?

Wait more discussions ? does that mean more talk topics to gather ?
thank for the answer BTW

I'd wait until you have actually met Shirotaka and more so have completed all of Ion's genometrics, as there's spoilers involved in it.

and yes, you might have already missed some from the start unfortunately.

I finally got some time for gaming, I played it for around 3 hours and I'm having a lot of fun. I love how the characters just talk and talk about pointless crap, I love the battle system, and the music is great.

I set the game to Veteran because so far it was a joke. I don't know wtf I'd think about the story if I hadn't read Ciel, haha.

Also, I know that
Zill
is a boss and I can't wait to kick their ass for all the BS they did in Ciel.

Unless you really want a challenge I suggest setting the difficulty down for some of the bosses. The game mechanics make it so that it's either easy to win or easy to lose, and the only way to beat some of the Veteran bosses is with significant trial and error and playing optimally.

I'd wait until you have actually met Shirotaka and more so have completed all of Ion's genometrics, as there's spoilers involved in it.

You can't even do the genometrics until after you have met him, so that's not really a concern.

Well i did get most of the talk topics related to the lv 1 ( for cass and ion ) , i'm missing just one and i did synthetise a lot so i guess my instincts from AT 1, 2 , 3 are still working

Unless you really want a challenge I suggest setting the difficulty down for some of the bosses. The game mechanics make it so that it's either easy to win or easy to lose, and the only way to beat some of the Veteran bosses is with significant trial and error and playing optimally.

I'll take that into consideration, thanks.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/732890-ar-nosurge-ode-to-an-unborn-star/70455721

Was planning on trying this myself actually, but looks like someone already successfully did it.

Appears that if you resigned a JPN save to work with the US (and guessing EU) version it recognizes the flag that unlocks the costume changing as well as the missing encyclopedia entries. So it looks like the routines to unlock the stuff still exist but can't be accessed normally.

Wish I knew enough hex editing to take a peek at the two saves and figure out what flag(s) trigger the unlock in the US/EU versions. Hopefully one of the people looking at it on there figures it out. Would be neat if the costume changing could be flagged early on in the game .

Dunan

Questions for you Ciel Nosurge veterans: the lack of a manual makes this game pretty obtuse at times.

* It's very rare that I get the chance to use the left-hand button and actually touch Ion. The Sharls are often making requests that I touch her arm, or something similar, and I can never fulfill them. Is there a way to bring up that button instead of just talking to her?

* I know that you can get Ion to make various things for you, but how do you get the materials that are required? I have about a dozen "recipes" for different articles of clothing, but can only make one of them because I'm missing at least one ingredient for all the others. Occasionally after repairing memories, I will acquire new material, but how else can you acquire it?

The unofficial wiki doesn't explain how to play the game very much, either; just lists of what makes what:

http://ciel.wiki-wiki.jp/index.php?服

* Also, she hasn't been willing to interact with me at all since we relived some unpleasant memories. I've gone on to several more chapters, but she's still distant. What do I have to do? Or is this part of the plot?

kiryogi

Banned
Questions for you Ciel Nosurge veterans: the lack of a manual makes this game pretty obtuse at times.

* It's very rare that I get the chance to use the left-hand button and actually touch Ion. The Sharls are often making requests that I touch her arm, or something similar, and I can never fulfill them. Is there a way to bring up that button instead of just talking to her?

* I know that you can get Ion to make various things for you, but how do you get the materials that are required? I have about a dozen "recipes" for different articles of clothing, but can only make one of them because I'm missing at least one ingredient for all the others. Occasionally after repairing memories, I will acquire new material, but how else can you acquire it?

The unofficial wiki doesn't explain how to play the game very much, either; just lists of what makes what:

http://ciel.wiki-wiki.jp/index.php?服

* Also, she hasn't been willing to interact with me at all since we relived some unpleasant memories. I've gone on to several more chapters, but she's still distant. What do I have to do? Or is this part of the plot?

Oh wow we're in community now!

It's not too hard to get to interact with Ion, but you mainly can only do it when you go on a date with her. Which I never really had trouble with getting one. In Offline at least, she's pretty aggressive about asking to go on them. I've gone on 2-3 in a single day o-o.

You can send her out to gather materials, unless the materials don't exist or something weird. It's the first option, then second option.

Also from what I've heard, there are points where she gets depressed and will feel really unmotivated. But I haven't gotten that far personally. Actually since the Wii U mad rush, I've only around mid chapter 3 on her memories right now.

Dunan

Oh wow we're in community now!

It's not too hard to get to interact with Ion, but you mainly can only do it when you go on a date with her. Which I never really had trouble with getting one. In Offline at least, she's pretty aggressive about asking to go on them. I've gone on 2-3 in a single day o-o.

How do you do that? I had paid less attention to that side of the game in the beginning, and if I invite her on a date, she says it's too early for that.

You can send her out to gather materials, unless the materials don't exist or something weird. It's the first option, then second option.

As I understand it, you have to learn of the existence of material before you can ask her to go fetch it. And somehow I managed not to learn about a lot of them; the wiki claims that I should be able to have her create various outfits after, say, chapter 4 or 6, but I'm on chapter 11 and still don't have the material.

Also from what I've heard, there are points where she gets depressed and will feel really unmotivated. But I haven't gotten that far personally. Actually since the Wii U mad rush, I've only around mid chapter 3 on her memories right now.

In that case I won't spoil it for you, but around Chapter 8 or so she relives some memories that really shock her, and ever since then she's been totally unresponsive. Any time you ask her to do anything, she'll say "another time" or "leave me alone for now".

If you're still on Chapter 3, this is far in your future. I'm on Chapter 11 and am running out of story, given that there are only 12 doors!

Incidentally, around Chapter 9 the story almost completely lost me. There are some pretty insipid parts interspersed in here -- but the good bits make up for it!

kiryogi

Banned
How do you do that? I had paid less attention to that side of the game in the beginning, and if I invite her on a date, she says it's too early for that.

As I understand it, you have to learn of the existence of material before you can ask her to go fetch it. And somehow I managed not to learn about a lot of them; the wiki claims that I should be able to have her create various outfits after, say, chapter 4 or 6, but I'm on chapter 11 and still don't have the material.

In that case I won't spoil it for you, but around Chapter 8 or so she relives some memories that really shock her, and ever since then she's been totally unresponsive. Any time you ask her to do anything, she'll say "another time" or "leave me alone for now".

If you're still on Chapter 3, this is far in your future. I'm on Chapter 11 and am running out of story, given that there are only 12 doors!

Incidentally, around Chapter 9 the story almost completely lost me. There are some pretty insipid parts interspersed in here -- but the good bits make up for it!

She will literally ask you of her own accord, have you been feeding the quasar and getting new date spots? Also how many raburabu hearts do you have with her? Also, you can only get new date cards and some more recipes from Nelico, who only shows up when Ion is out and about. She's a super troll.

And that's weird, maybe she'll find new material as she goes to different spots frequently. I have like 4-5 outfits for her right now. I've ran more into problems of missing a recipe then missing material, which required story progression to proceed mainly.

Oh and no worries about spoilers, I read the detailed summary.

Dunan

She will literally ask you of her own accord, have you been feeding the quasar and getting new date spots? Also how many raburabu hearts do you have with her? Also, you can only get new date cards and some more recipes from Nelico, who only shows up when Ion is out and about. She's a super troll.

And that's weird, maybe she'll find new material as she goes to different spots frequently. I have like 4-5 outfits for her right now. I've ran more into problems of missing a recipe then missing material, which required story progression to proceed mainly.

Oh and no worries about spoilers, I read the detailed summary.

I have one heart; my "love love meter" has gone up after giving answers she likes when we're talking after completing story sections. She has never suggested any date spots, and when I try to invite her, she says it's too early for that. Of course, now, the story has her being unhappy and unresponsive. I can't get her to do anything anymore, though she still gets up and cooks and reads. I'm hoping that something in the story will cheer her up, so I've been going back to the dream world regularly. It almost felt like I was violating her in some way when I first did that, because instead of enthusiastically going there with me, she says nothing at all and just closes her eyes so that I can go take care of business.

What is the "quasar"? Evidently I haven't been feeding it!

kiryogi

Banned
I have one heart; my "love love meter" has gone up after giving answers she likes when we're talking after completing story sections. She has never suggested any date spots, and when I try to invite her, she says it's too early for that. Of course, now, the story has her being unhappy and unresponsive. I can't get her to do anything anymore, though she still gets up and cooks and reads. I'm hoping that something in the story will cheer her up, so I've been going back to the dream world regularly. It almost felt like I was violating her in some way when I first did that, because instead of enthusiastically going there with me, she says nothing at all and just closes her eyes so that I can go take care of business.

What is the "quasar"? Evidently I haven't been feeding it!

The microquasar! It's like the 3rd option after the 2nd option when you're tending to your Sharls in the Sharl Garden. Feeding it energy give you more date spots, sharl skills, accessories.

Dunan

The microquasar! It's like the 3rd option after the 2nd option when you're tending to your Sharls in the Sharl Garden. Feeding it energy give you more date spots, sharl skills, accessories.

Where it says マイクロクエーサーボーナス一覧 (List of Microquasar Bonuses)? How do you interact with this quasar and "feed" it?

Edit: Now I see what you have to do. You have to tend to the Sharls by looking upward from the room with the Dive Gates, and not just when you're preparing to repair a memory. I never, ever would have noticed this if not for the wiki here: http://ciel.wiki-wiki.jp/index.php?クエーサー This game really hides things well, and not in a good way.

That's pretty awesome, I need to actually play the game more now that I finished Bayonetta 2, AKA the GotY.

I'm happy to see them patch the game, as many devs just go "if it's not a game breaking bug then we won't patch it".

Looks like no costume fix unless it's a unannounced feature, sadly.

I wonder if it retroactively adds the terms to the encyclopedia or if you'd need to play again to trigger them being added (currently about 30% through my second run right now).

may I ask, what are the costumes you're talking about and why would they not be in the game?

Scher

may I ask, what are the costumes you're talking about and why would they not be in the game?

There's an option for costumes in the equipment menu that lists the different costumes that the characters have worn throughout the game. In the Japanese release, you unlocked the option to change their outfit by defeating a special boss whose gimmick relied on the Sekai Link function that was used for Ciel Nosurge. Since we didn't get Ciel Nosurge and can't fight the special boss, we don't have the means to unlock the costume changing. The costume list still exists in the equipment menu, just that we can't do anything with it.

There's an option for costumes in the equipment menu that lists the different costumes that the characters have worn throughout the game. In the Japanese release, you unlocked the option to change their outfit by defeating a special boss whose gimmick relied on the Sekai Link function that was used for Ciel Nosurge. Since we didn't get Ciel Nosurge and can't fight the special boss, we don't have the means to unlock the costume changing. The costume list still exists in the equipment menu, just that we can't do anything with it.

How important was the Sekai Link in this game? I didn't know that they cut content, unless you had to own Ciel nosurge or something to play it.

Also, that's disappointing, changing costumes sounds awesome.

How important was the Sekai Link in this game? I didn't know that they cut content, unless you had to own Ciel nosurge or something to play it.

Also, that's disappointing, changing costumes sounds awesome.

IIRC it also gave you different choices to pick from as you essentially carried over your relationship with Ion from Ciel, which unlocked an extra part to the ending if you did well enough in Ciel.

The costume unlocking code still is in the English version if you resigned a JPN save, so it's probably a flag being set in the save file's code I'd imagine.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
My partner bought both the Nay & Kanon DLC packs. She's never been able to get the Nay pack to work. She's tried uninstalling/reinstalling. Do any of you know why she can't get it working?

kiryogi

Banned
My partner bought both the Nay & Kanon DLC packs. She's never been able to get the Nay pack to work. She's tried uninstalling/reinstalling. Do any of you know why she can't get it working?

It should automatically trigger through an event, and you can only partake of it @ Nay's secret bathing place. How far is she into it?

Just to check, it's showing up in the DLC section of the Glossary (or the Encyclopedia or whatever the game calls that section if I'm wrong)? I had a weird issue where installing the Nay/Kanon DLC packs nuked my previously downloaded Shirotaka DLC pack and I had to redownload it.

If it's installed, is she far enough to trigger it? I think you had to trigger the event where you
fall into her bath
and go back there again to start it.

Unrelated, but some thoughts from my second play through I'm currently in (just got to Phase 3):

I forgot how excellently they weaved the end song part of Class::XIO_PROCEED when Earthes takes the final hit from the satellite. That scene still gives me the chills with how perfectly they synced the animation to it.

Was nice to start the process of going through the last three story-related levels of Cass's Soulspace again. Always liked that (and Ion's respective levels) section of the game because of how the three are tied together. Also the song that plays in NeloxCass's section is one of my favorites.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
It should automatically trigger through an event, and you can only partake of it @ Nay's secret bathing place. How far is she into it?
She is in phase 3,
gathering the seven to make cosal into a planet.

Just to check, it's showing up in the DLC section of the Glossary (or the Encyclopedia or whatever the game calls that section if I'm wrong)? I had a weird issue where installing the Nay/Kanon DLC packs nuked my previously downloaded Shirotaka DLC pack and I had to redownload it.

If it's installed, is she far enough to trigger it? I think you had to trigger the event where you
fall into her bath
and go back there again to start it.
Quoth her: "When I go to the misogi spot, it just automatically goes to talk/purify with the heroine whose channel I'm on. I bought both DLC around the time that Cass was turned into a sharl for the battle contest, so, in phase 2, well beyond the point for either character to be unlocked for misogi."

She says that the Kanon DLC worked fine on either channel. And that the game gave her the message that she could misogi with her, but it never gives her the chance.

She is in phase 3,
gathering the seven to make cosal into a planet.

Quoth her: "When I go to the misogi spot, it just automatically goes to talk/purify with the heroine whose channel I'm on. I bought both DLC around the time that Cass was turned into a sharl for the battle contest, so, in phase 2, well beyond the point for either character to be unlocked for misogi."

She says that the Kanon DLC worked fine on either channel. And that the game gave her the message that she could misogi with her, but it never gives her the chance.

That's really odd, so it shows up in the DLC section of the menu as installed?

Guessing maybe she ran into a weird bug or something which sucks. Seems really weird that wouldn't have triggered properly.

i loved the first two games of ar tonelico series, the 3rd one wasn't good enough compared to the first 2 games
what bout this? should i put my trust in it or should i leave it as it is now?

Top Bottom