• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ar Tonelico Qoga |OT| - Singing the Song that Ends the World

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Izayoi said:
Hahaha, wait.

This got an M over here but a fucking USK 12 over there? How in the fuck did that happen?

We're a bunch of fucking prudes here in the states, that's how. :X

lljride

Played last night up to the first dive sequence, which was awesome as always. Everything else is good, combat and characters haven't exactly clicked with me yet, but it's still really early.

Got my game today, and while I don't have the time to play it with finals and actually wanting to finish up AT2, I gotta say I am really impressed with just the packaging of it.

It looks much more sturdier than their PS2 special editions which was a bigger box and everything was pretty much stuffed in.

Is this the same packaging for their other PS3 games? I missed out on getting the Gamestop one for Rorona and haven't gotten Neptunia yet.

Volcynika

For the people missing their OST

Dear Valued Customer,

First of all, we would like to thank you for purchasing the Premium Edition of Ar tonelico™ Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel through the NISA Online Store. We truly appreciate your continued support.

It has come to our attention that some of the Premium boxes did not contain the advertised soundtrack CD. It appears that the CDs were inadvertently left out of some of the boxes during the assembly process at Sony’s manufacturing facility. This issue should not affect very many of the customers who ordered from the NISA Online Store, but we ask that you please check your Premium Box upon arrival. We are very sorry if you were one of the few customers who find that their CD is missing and would like to assure you that we are in communication with Sony to make sure that the missing CDs get shipped out as soon as possible.

If you did not receive your soundtrack CD, please use this claim form (http://nisamerica.com/games/atq/ost_replace.php) to request a copy of the soundtrack. We will forward your information ASAP to Sony for fulfillment.

Please note that it will take roughly 1-2 weeks to receive your CD from the date of your claim form submission. Also, the soundtrack CD will be shipped to you directly from Sony DADC in Terre Haute, IN, so please be aware that the sender address will NOT be NIS America, Inc.

Thanks again for all of your support!

Sincerely,

NIS America, Inc.

Durante

My order has been in "processing" at videogamesplus since the 10th...
I was hoping to receive it this week but that certainly won't happen now. RAGE!

luka

Loves Robotech S1
vidal said:
A question to those who have it. Is there any grinding involved?
It's basically just like the others. Just play the game normally and don't run from too many battles or ignore item synthesis/cosmosphere and you'll be more than capable of dealing with anything. No grinding necessary.

There is one point in the game where the difficulty suddenly ramps up and your vanguards might as well be throwing tofu. You basically come to rely entirely on your reyvateils until you synth some better items and catch up with the curve.

Durante

luka said:
It's basically just like the others. Just play the game normally and don't run from too many battles or ignore item synthesis/cosmosphere and you'll be more than capable of dealing with anything. No grinding necessary.
Did you play on hard? If the difficulty is similar to the first 2 games on normal I'll probably do that.

Vrakanox

Combat seems to be the most challenging yet in the series. Either that or I just suck. I'm really loving the dungeon layouts and just the overall way that the game looks.

yeah

filulun~

Volcynika

Forgot to mention. I'm on normal difficulty, but started on hard to begin with. The first battle on hard is ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff. I mean what the hell, I read up on it later and apparently a lot of people consider it near impossible on a non NG+ run.

atomsk

Party Pooper
best buy finally put the order page up, so who knows when i'll actually get a copy (used the last of my gift cards, so the game cost me a whopping $1.97)

it looks like gamefly is shipping them today, but I still haven't gotten confirmation (this seems to happen fairly often, not too worried about it)

atomsk said:
it looks like gamefly is shipping them today, but I still haven't gotten confirmation (this seems to happen fairly often, not too worried about it)

Nice to hear that Gamefly is carrying this title. I'll probably pick it up from them when used copies start showing up for sale.

matmanx1

I got mine yesterday (ordered directly from the NIS store) but I've also seen them in my local Gamestop went I went to pick up my Yakuza 4 on Tuesday.

Played just up to the first save point this morning and I was very pleased with the first impressions. The 3D characters are better looking than I thought they would be and seem to be direct realizations of the 2D portraits that the series has always used. I'm impressed with the fidelity and the music, as always, is awesome.

matmanx1 said:
I got mine yesterday (ordered directly from the NIS store) but I've also seen them in my local Gamestop went I went to pick up my Yakuza 4 on Tuesday.

Played just up to the first save point this morning and I was very pleased with the first impressions. The 3D characters are better looking than I thought they would be and seem to be direct realizations of the 2D portraits that the series has always used. I'm impressed with the fidelity and the music, as always, is awesome.

yeah the characters look amazing

the dungeomn environments are horrible looking though. the 2D towns have beautiful artwork though I hope some of the later ones have more animation in them

What in the world, it got a 9.5 / 10?! I guess I better play it before playing Dragon Age Origins/2, I didnt know this game was that koala tea!!!

I applaud Gust for the quality game in general, and NIS America for the awesome localization. The few issues I had with the title don’t hamper the overall enjoyment at all. If you’re looking for an excellent example of Japanese RPG goodness, Ar Tonelico Qoga is your best bet right now. It may have gotten a lot of interesting press coverage because of the purge system, asking cute anime girls to strip and all that jazz, but that’s par for the course with this franchise and is to be expected. I’m sure the haters will hate, and JRPGs are getting a bad rap these days, but this is seriously a superb example of the genre. Every RPG fan should be playing this and adding it to their PS3 library.

kiryogi

Banned
Got my copy today with soundtrack cd and all :D gonna give it a go tonight when I get home before I dive into musou 6 again

I got my copy from NIS yesterday. I didn't start it until today. I only played the first one (2nd one I have, just never started). I got sucked in right from the beginning. Characters are funny/enjoyable. Soundtrack wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Battles are crazy fun, despite me initially being upset about the game getting rid of the turn-based combat.

I actually agree with the 9.5 score now, but need to play it more.

tiff

Banned
Dedication Through Light said:
What in the world, it got a 9.5 / 10?! I guess I better play it before playing Dragon Age Origins/2, I didnt know this game was that koala tea!!!
I've never even heard of that site before.

matmanx1

Pretty much everything he said in that review jibes right along with the first two games except for the battle system which is completely different this time around. It's why I love this series so much. The combination of visual novel elements, item synthesis, quirky and funny dialog, suggestive humor, awesome music and fun battle system have pretty much all been there from day one. That and now we also have some pretty graphics so I'm feeling pretty spoiled at this point!

kiryogi

Banned
I really have a lot to say, but it's 7 in the morning. But to sum it up for now, I'm glad despite my reservations that the worldview/story/characters remains as strong as the series has been known for. Absolutely loving it.

Despera

Banned
tiff said:
dr0oa.jpg
Wait... Is... Is that who I think it is?

Turning people into cakes, picking fights with a brickhouse, Tales of Stripping... This game is throwing too much silliness at me in the first hour to hate on it. Battle transitions are a little jarring, but Qoga looks like a keeper.

cyclenut

There is already free content add-ons on psn along with some ones you can purchase.

Installing game now while listening to OST. :)

Makoto

Finally got my copy and as someone who is new to the series I'm liking it so far based on the first couple of hours I've played of it. I especially liked this sage piece of advice: "He who controls stripping, controls the battle." That's some shit that would blow even Sun Tzu's mind.

GAME and a few other sites have this down for a 1st April UK release, so I'm assuming there's been a week delay. Anyway, pre-ordered.

Also, just finished AT1 and...

luka said:
Well, considering any reasonable person ends up with Syurelia in the end, it didn't really matter. ;)
... how right you were. Linkage is actually the best outfit from the first two games.

matmanx1

If you really dig the OST be sure to look up the Hymnos albums because that's where lots of the best stuff is. There's a Red one and a Blue one and they weren't cheap last time I checked but totally worth it if you enjoy the musical stylings of Ar Tonelico.

kiryogi

Banned
More quick thoughts...

Saki: originally wasn't interested in her at all due to design, but goddamn she is so moe. And her sincerity with Aoto too... makes it really hard to choose Finnel over her. But I'm scared to see what lies behind all the happy fluff.

Finnel: the clumsy tsundere.
and also secretly a masochist. . .
still going to be my main choice and her cosmosphere is downright scary from the start..

Makoto

Random observation. Playing Ar Tonelico Qoga with English voices and got to the point where
Richa
is introduced and all the resource sites are saying Laura Bailey does her voice, but I know, I know that is Wendee Lee's voice. That is completely Haruhi Suzumiya's voice.

Top Bottom