• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you ready? 13 days until the best FPS of all time is released....

Lukas

Banned
doom3_screen001.jpg

For all you people with crappy computers

PPAG1648.JPG

or you can try this

xbox_console.jpg

bogg

MrPing1000 said:
*yawn* wheres Half-Life 2, mindless shooters are dull
Do not diss Doom3. Doom3 will own you. That is all.
Buuuut comeon, best fps of all time? ish dont think so.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
System Shock 3 hasn't been made yet.

*Disclaimer: Post author is aware System Shock was never an FPS, but y'know...

Lukas

Banned
Mooreberg said:
Have you read anything about the game or watched any of the videos?

yea so um shooting a chain holding a large object that will snap the chain and the enemies underneath will be crushed is so smart...oh wait they did that in far cry, yea, that sure was a thinker

id rather have a game that has me on the edge of my seat hiding taking my time through an insanely atmohspheric experience than another far cry

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
pcostabel said:
Make that two.

Its quite graphically impressive, but the style leaves a lot to be desired in my book.
I dunno, after seeing the trailers for Half Life 2, Halo 2, and Doom 3 at LAST YEARS fucking E3, the only one that didn't leave me yawning was HL2, cause that's just some cool technology. That engine best be used for some cool shit that isn't counterstrike.
Still gonna pass them all up though.

ced

Im still afraid the actually gameplay is gonna suck. Shooting charging monsters in tight dark hallways is only fun for an hour. Take Farcry for example, it was ruined for me when the monsters started.

Im still gonna buy it though, and hope for the best. The technology isnt gonna disappoint, and Im sure it will be bug free and polished to a shine.

TheDiave said:
If that were the case, you'd have to replace "best FPS" to "sequel to the most overrated FPS this gen."
And count this reply as the reply to the most overrated expression ever (the expression being overrated, if you didn't understand).

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
"If that were the case, you'd have to replace "best FPS" to "sequel to the most overrated FPS this gen.""

I think Guerrilla should actually finish the first Killzone before starting to think about the next one.

Nerevar

they call me "Man Gravy".
silenttwn said:
Last time I checked, it wasn't November. Halo 2 and Metroid Prime 2 are going to better than this IMFO.

But ... but ... Metroid Prime isn't a FPS!!!!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
God's Hand said:
I'm probably the only person in the world that thinks this game looks terrible.

If by terrible you are referring to the art, you are not the only person in the world. However, if you are suggesting anything else, you are wrong.

The game does so much more than what most PC games do today. The animation alone places it FAR ahead of most everything that has been released on PC. The only game that can technically stand up to this is Far Cry...

Mrbob

This game looks OK in stills but AMAZING in motion. The animation is superb. Not that stiff stuff you normally see in PC games. Doom 3 animates better than almost any console game. Heck it actually may animate better than any console game available.

Bigfoot

I guess he is partly right... Doom 3 will be the best FPS of all time, but only until Half-Life 2 is released, when it will take that title and hold it until Doom 4.

Top Bottom