• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

Timeaisis

Here ya go buddy.

I'll add penguin to my list of town reads if that makes you feel any better. I just don't read many players positively this game. That's not to say that I think everyone is scum, just that I don't really have a great feeling about anyone. I still don't have a good feeling of Sorian, and if that gives me some heat, so be it. I can prove I'm town if necessary.

Faddy

Banned
I would like Verelios' part to happen because then we could hear Natiko's exact results but a neutral is going to stay unclaimed as Fat says, they have no reason to help us aside from getting us a scum kill overnight.

When have you said before that you could prove it overnight? Also, bullshit.

What does Worm have to do with anything? You circled the point and then came back and agreed with me anyway.

Poison doc does not equal regular doc usually.

That Natiko was smart enough to set up his lynches. He would be targeting people he thought were scummy. Regardless of what result came back, scum or town, as long as that person wasn't Robin he would follow through the next day.

The point about Worm is this. On day 2 Natiko came out with a long post on Worm that consisted of a lot of Day 1 stuff, the things he thought were scummy and makes me lean to investigating Worm night 1.

On day 3 he comes in with a similar long detailed post about Time similarly based on Day 2 play. Now it makes sense to do this whether he got a town or scum read on Time since he is going into the play with knowledge of Time's alignment, who is defending him, who is staying away etc can give him a better read on reactions.

So I don't think his pursuit of Time indicates alignment at all.

Sorian

Banned
That Natiko was smart enough to set up his lynches. He would be targeting people he thought were scummy. Regardless of what result came back, scum or town, as long as that person wasn't Robin he would follow through the next day.

The point about Worm is this. On day 2 Natiko came out with a long post on Worm that consisted of a lot of Day 1 stuff, the things he thought were scummy and makes me lean to investigating Worm night 1.

On day 3 he comes in with a similar long detailed post about Time similarly based on Day 2 play. Now it makes sense to do this whether he got a town or scum read on Time since he is going into the play with knowledge of Time's alignment, who is defending him, who is staying away etc can give him a better read on reactions.

So I don't think his pursuit of Time indicates alignment at all.

If Natiko were smart, he wouldn't be blindly lynching. Did you read his win con? Specifically, the back up one if he failed to kill Robin? It's not a normal survivor wincon, he has to be in final 5. So you really think he would go all in on another town member after we were down, what, 6 or 7 and people and no scum?

Faddy

Banned
If Natiko were smart, he wouldn't be blindly lynching. Did you read his win con? Specifically, the back up one if he failed to kill Robin? It's not a normal survivor wincon, he has to be in final 5. So you really think he would go all in on another town member after we were down, what, 6 or 7 and people and no scum?

I read his win condition as his faction killing Robin. Making the last 5 is a secondary thing and especially with him taking a kill that targets the Joker I think he would be going all out on the primary win condition of killing Robin.

The best way to win is to play into what you know. I'm not clearing Time but I don't think Natiko's play is the smoking gun you are making it out to be.

Also, I'll claim to avoid confusion later and because I may as well.

I'm town. I am Two-Face, and I am a Doublevote Bestower. Three shots, all but one used. There will be no Doublevote today because I target Royal.
Why on earth would you target Royal if he was claiming to be poisoned? He wasn't supposed to survive the night and if he did it would have been really suspicious.

OK, so Mazre claimed he "hid behind Natiko, and he's not scum" with his clayface claim. Why attempt to clear Natiko there?
Given that Natiko is dead, maybe he was pointing scum Natiko's way? I dunno.

Wait, Royal had two shots. If he didn't use one night one as claimed, does that mean that maybe he died protecting someone else last night?

Not that it makes a ton of difference, but it's worth considering.
Royal only had one shot according to his flip? Am I missing something?

Sorian

Banned
I read his win condition as his faction killing Robin. Making the last 5 is a secondary thing and especially with him taking a kill that targets the Joker I think he would be going all out on the primary win condition of killing Robin.

The best way to win is to play into what you know. I'm not clearing Time but I don't think Natiko's play is the smoking gun you are making it out to be.

The start of his PM says he belongs to the neutral faction. It sounds like any other faction in the game where everyone wins if even one wins. Natiko being essentially a bodyguard means that he would not directly be going for final 5 but he was in a chat with someone else who would be. Picking one person out of an entire game and killing them in a very precise way is a hard win con, the secondary is much more likely and I doubt he's dumb enough to play to one and ignore the other.

Why on earth would you target Royal if he was claiming to be poisoned? He wasn't supposed to survive the night and if he did it would have been really suspicious.

It very clearly says two shots. I'll at least give you that your question on CCS' target is valid though.

Faddy

Banned
The start of his PM says he belongs to the neutral faction. It sounds like any other faction in the game where everyone wins if even one wins. Natiko being essentially a bodyguard means that he would not directly be going for final 5 but he was in a chat with someone else who would be. Picking one person out of an entire game and killing them in a very precise way is a hard win con, the secondary is much more likely and I doubt he's dumb enough to play to one and ignore the other.

It very clearly says two shots. I'll at least give you that your question on CCS' target is valid though.

I don't think that is correct. The way I read it is that if whoever is the Joker is lynched or Robin is killed only then Natiko can win if he makes the final 5. And the final 5 isn't a factional win condition but just for Natiko.

Something else to think about. I might be wrong with the Dr Worm thing. Is it reasonable to assume the neutrals targeted Fat4All with Poison. Was this a shot in the dark or was it off an investigation result on day 1?

Faddy

Banned
Also I think CCS's target is very logical. The end of day almost certainly made Flush's claims legit therefore by giving the power to Flush it definitively keeps it out of scum hands and gives town an extra vote should Flush have survived.

Or CCS lied and he is secretly stockpiling shots.

If Flush did die of his poison and there was only a single death today is it possible Flush used his lightning rod onto Nudull to protect his doctor claim?

Fat4all

Banned
I'm not getting much looking back at Mazre's posts through the days, unless I'm missing sommit obvious. So, I'm starting to focus on the second half and end of yesterday in genera;.

I find acohrs posts at the ends of yesterday to be kinda wishy-washy:
Was townreading RF before, but now...

Read of Mazre hasn't changed, they're consistent at the least I will give them that
(acohrs read Mazre as Null previously)
Vote: Royal_Flush

don't really like either side of this lynch, but mazre's PR is quite powerful and can help us more than RF's. first, we need to see a flip though to know whether we can trust them
For what was essentially a guaranteed 50/50 chance at netting a scum-kill, their lax approach to the end of the day kinda struck me as odd. Their pick for RF was never fleshed out previously as well, and the switch to scum read because of the counter-claim is concerning.

Personally, when Mazre claimed RF had no real reason to counter-claim if they were scum (they were hardly in the spotlight at the end of the day), and I was kinda surprised to see the amount of people pushing for a RF vote right at the end because of it. That's not to say this was specifically a scum effort to push RF, as we have no way of knowing if the scum main team knew Mazre was a scum as well.

Sorian

Banned
I don't think that is correct. The way I read it is that if whoever is the Joker is lynched or Robin is killed only then Natiko can win if he makes the final 5. And the final 5 isn't a factional win condition but just for Natiko.

Something else to think about. I might be wrong with the Dr Worm thing. Is it reasonable to assume the neutrals targeted Fat4All with Poison. Was this a shot in the dark or was it off an investigation result on day 1?

I guess I could see it that way, I'm not sold on the neutrals being the poisoner though unless Joker has multiple ways to kill, which actually makes a lot of sense now that I typed it, the point I was going to though was easiest explanation is that role was responsible for one of the double kills day 1.

Sorian

Banned
Also I think CCS's target is very logical. The end of day almost certainly made Flush's claims legit therefore by giving the power to Flush it definitively keeps it out of scum hands and gives town an extra vote should Flush have survived.

Or CCS lied and he is secretly stockpiling shots.

If Flush did die of his poison and there was only a single death today is it possible Flush used his lightning rod onto Nudull to protect his doctor claim?

How did Natiko die in that scenario then? Or am I not understanding?

I'm not getting much looking back at Mazre's posts through the days, unless I'm missing sommit obvious. So, I'm starting to focus on the second half and end of yesterday in genera;.

I find acohrs posts at the ends of yesterday to be kinda wishy-washy:

(acohrs read Mazre as Null previously)

For what was essentially a guaranteed 50/50 chance at netting a scum-kill, their lax approach to the end of the day kinda struck me as odd. Their pick for RF was never fleshed out previously as well, and the switch to scum read because of the counter-claim is concerning.

Personally, when Mazre claimed RF had no real reason to counter-claim if they were scum (they were hardly in the spotlight at the end of the day), and I was kinda surprised to see the amount of people pushing for a RF vote right at the end because of it. That's not to say this was specifically a scum effort to push RF, as we have no way of knowing if the scum main team knew Mazre was a scum as well.

Unless you believe that Mazre was recruited then how other people treated him doesn't matter. Scum would have just thought he was another townie.

Fat4all

Banned
Unless you believe that Mazre was recruited then how other people treated him doesn't matter. Scum would have just thought he was another townie.

I'm more making the point about how the vote was made logically at the end of the day yesterday. I don't see how the RF vote made any real sense.

Faddy

Banned
How did Natiko die in that scenario then? Or am I not understanding?

Hmmm. You're right it is simpler if scum killed Natiko but he could also have investigated into a Veteran.

Sorian

Banned
Hmmm. You're right it is simpler if scum killed Natiko but he could also have investigated into a Veteran.

I wanted to shoot this down and just say Occam's razor but I did expect a veteran in this set up so maybe. Though still, Occam's razor.

Flame_AC

I think the recruiting of Mazre would have been done by any scum action targeted at them. I think it is a safe assumption that Harley/Joker were the pair, though I don't think Joker has a traditional kill role. I'd wager it'd be something more along the lines of an investigative role, similar to Harley's investigate for player name. Then once they have a positive ID of Robin, they kill Robin.

Sorian

Banned
It could explain some of the sort of random one offs we've seen. Assuming we still believe Natiko was "cursed", which I kind of don't believe anymore.

Didn't the curse happen the same night as a second kill? The curse would actually be a roundabout way to kill someone so could fit into a JOAT theory for this joker but the timing isn't right. That said, why even bother pretending in Natiko's position?

Bronx-Man

Banned
I mean, it would explain why RF was poisoned without there being any apparent poison doctor. Joker's got his laughing toxin in the comics so it probably was a 1-shot in this game and he used it on Royal.

Timeaisis

I mean bats did have all those actions he could do with cash or whatever. It's not unreasonable, I suppose. Although then what's the Jokers win condition? Killing Robin?

Flame_AC

I mean bats did have all those actions he could do with cash or whatever. It's not unreasonable, I suppose. Although then what's the Jokers win condition? Killing Robin?

That's what can be inferred from Harley's win condition. That or if Robin dies then some type of survivor thing probably.

Sorian

Banned
Am I the only one that just reads it like they are there own team and would likely have the same win con? Faddy is making me feel crazy on this.

Flame_AC

I agree it's likely that both win when Robin kicks the bucket. Though it is accurate to the characters if Joker just leaves Harley behind at the end and it's up to her to survive.

Sorian

Banned
It doesn't say "You and Joker win", but that's what I'm assuming happens when Joker kills Robin.

Mazre's win con doesn't say "you and blah blah blah win" Since when has that ever mattered?

My hang up is it specifically calls it a faction right at the start of the PM. You don't put different win cons in the same faction, that's a bastard set up.

Sorian

Banned
Actually, I'm falling into this too, why are we debating this when it doesn't matter? We need scum, not arguing this garbage.

Flame_AC

So if y'all were betting folks, would you say there was more scum on the RF vote, or on Mazre? Hmmm, although I guess that depends on whether each of us thinks Mazre had already been converted/found.

Sorian

Banned
So if y'all were betting folks, would you say there was more scum on the RF vote, or on Mazre? Hmmm, although I guess that depends on whether each of us thinks Mazre had already been converted/found.

Mazre seemed to gain steam a lot easier than R_F did. There was a point where I think it was 5 or 6 to 2. I think Mazre was the easier person to justify voting for so I think more would have been there.

I don't think he was converted though so from scum perspective, it would have been town v town so the vote didn't really matter aside from getting in somewhere.

DAY 4 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Timeaisis (1)
Sorian 2090

No active vote for Day 4: AbsolutBro, acohrs, Bronx-Man, CCS, Faddy, Fat4all, Fireblend, Flame_AC, Lone_Prodigy, Nudull, Penguin, Timeaisis, Verelios, Zippedpinhead

Day 4 Postcount: AbsolutBro 3, acohrs 0, Bronx-Man 4, CCS 4, Faddy 10, Fat4all 16, Fireblend 0, Flame_AC 4, Lone_Prodigy 1, Nudull 0, Penguin 2, Sorian 16, Timeaisis 7, Verelios 7, Zippedpinhead 2

Day 4 ends:
bla_1494284400.png

Automated vote tally here

8 votes for majority

In a Thunderdome situation and some chose to stay out of it.

Timeaisis (1)
Flame_AC 1896

AbsolutBro (1)
Nudull 1886

Natiko (1)
Penguin 1861

CCS

Banned

Because he was the only 100% town read I had, and so I thought the risk of him dying was worth it to give another vote to guaranteed town if he survived.

Really sorry, will struggle to post much today. My dog is really not well :(

Hope your pup feels better soon!

In a Thunderdome situation and some chose to stay out of it.

Timeaisis (1)
Flame_AC 1896

AbsolutBro (1)
Nudull 1886

Natiko (1)
Penguin 1861

I would also like a justification as to why these three stayed out of it. In a thunder dome where one was scum and one was town we need to get these hinky votes.

Top Bottom