• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

Faddy

Banned
I'm still on the town side for AB.

AB's claim makes no sense.

I think he is a scum investigator. He got Sorian night 1 with his full role and alignment. He put it in the thread in a very vague way so if he was flipped it would set up scum to turn us onto neutral Sorian. Or get town credit if Sorian flipped as a neutral.

He made it out to be such a big thing too, like no read would tell us something about Sorian. But later he claimed to be a watcher which only tells us no one targeted Sorian. That is not information worth sharing and spilling your role.

He got overly excited when his Sorian target worked out on Night 1.

DAY 5 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Flame_AC (1)
Verelios 2673

Verelios (1)
Faddy 2653

No active vote for Day 5: AbsolutBro, Bronx-Man, CCS, Fat4all, Fireblend, Flame_AC, Lone_Prodigy, Penguin, Sorian, Timeaisis, weemadarthur, Zippedpinhead

Day 5 Postcount: AbsolutBro 2, Bronx-Man 0, CCS 0, Faddy 21, Fat4all 19, Fireblend 1, Flame_AC 4, Lone_Prodigy 6, Penguin 3, Sorian 11, Timeaisis 8, Verelios 14, weemadarthur 7, Zippedpinhead 4

Day 5 ends:
red_1494716400.png

Automated vote tally here

8 votes for majority

Faddy

Banned
More on scum AB.

Both plausible targets, Sorian and Fat, for a watcher last night already came to the thread and claimed they had been visited.

Fat had 3 visitors if you believe everything said in the thread, CCS, Nudull and someone who nullified his vote today.

Sorian got blocked so if that was the scum roleblocker he would need to give up that name. If it was town he would have no idea what name to put.

So instead he just forgot. Like Nudull forgot to protect people on night 1 and night 3.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Hi Bronx

What do you think of my brilliant sleuthing?

Do you think Sorian was aiming at you last night?
I doubt it. If Sorian wanted me dead, he would've gotten some random shitpost of mine and convinced everyone else that it's a telltale sign of my scuminess.

Fat4all

Banned
I'm sure I could prove that I can't vote by trying to vote and it not getting counted, right?

I wouldn't get modkilled or sommit, right?

Faddy

Banned
I'm sure I could prove that I can't vote by trying to vote and it not getting counted, right?

Don't know, I would ask because you might get dinged for using the highlight command without permission.

There is no reason to doubt you though.

Flame_AC

Y'know, Faddy. Your theory is pretty out there to me, but I actually kind of like it.

It just seems to rely on a whole lot of planning, which is entirely possible, but I dunno if I believe it actually happened.

AB's claim makes no sense.

I think he is a scum investigator. He got Sorian night 1 with his full role and alignment. He put it in the thread in a very vague way so if he was flipped it would set up scum to turn us onto neutral Sorian. Or get town credit if Sorian flipped as a neutral.

He made it out to be such a big thing too, like no read would tell us something about Sorian. But later he claimed to be a watcher which only tells us no one targeted Sorian. That is not information worth sharing and spilling your role.

He got overly excited when his Sorian target worked out on Night 1.

Wow. Do you teach Yoga, because that is some expert stretching.

Also, funny story guys, remember this:
Hmmm. Seems suspicious. I'm gonna go with Sorian and acohrs being Batfam.

VOTE: acohrs

No idea what i'm doing

Wherever you are right now Lifeline, I hope you are gloating like a madman.

Faddy

Banned
Y'know, Faddy. Your theory is pretty out there to me, but I actually kind of like it.

It just seems to rely on a whole lot of planning, which is entirely possible, but I dunno if I believe it actually happened.

I'll go and hunt quotes for stuff later but the vagueness of AB's claim always bothered me. And even Nudull didn't claim Doctor, he said something vague like he could protect one person each night. There are a few non-doctor roles that could fulfil that criteria.

Flame_AC

I'll go and hunt quotes for stuff later but the vagueness of AB's claim always bothered me. And even Nudull didn't claim Doctor, he said something vague like he could protect one person each night. There are a few non-doctor roles that could fulfil that criteria.

Why do you think there were zero kills during the night?

Faddy

Banned
I'm going to guess the scum team is something like

Batman JOAT, responsible for curse, vote block, poison
Chief Gordon - investigator
Lucius Fox - Roleblocker

Verelios

That would make little sense when Mafia is centered around the Bat family. It's probably-

Oracle/RedRobin-Investigator
Batman-JOAT
Batgirl/woman-Uh...RB?

More on scum AB.

Both plausible targets, Sorian and Fat, for a watcher last night already came to the thread and claimed they had been visited.

Fat had 3 visitors if you believe everything said in the thread, CCS, Nudull and someone who nullified his vote today.

Sorian got blocked so if that was the scum roleblocker he would need to give up that name. If it was town he would have no idea what name to put.

So instead he just forgot. Like Nudull forgot to protect people on night 1 and night 3.

I'm thinking you are onto something here. Maybe AB?

Faddy

Banned
I think y'all are forgetting Alfred, he's bound to be in here.

Alfred is in the opening flavour. Fran isn't going to give up 2 scum names before the game begins. Is this what we are reduced to, discussing flavour?

Kind of on that point, Zipped, does your flavour indicate any sort of poison immunity or ability to self target?

Fat4all

Banned
There is unlikely to be any harm to me. Being a claimed doctor is quite targetable by itself.

There could be indirect damage to another player, however, if the game has more lynchers than the joker. Because if I'm not ....uh.....who are villains in batman....the Penguin. If I'm not the Penguin, it narrows the field of potential Penguins.

I really don't understand your line of reasoning here. Your spot/predecessor already claimed, you are sticking by that claim, and both of you are in a role that's likely town.

If you are indeed town, releasing your name will not hurt any other town, only scum and maybe any lingering neutrals.

It would be only beneficial for you as a town to clear that air.

Alfred is in the opening flavour. Fran isn't going to give up 2 scum names before the game begins. Is this what we are reduced to, discussing flavour?

Kind of on that point, Zipped, does your flavour indicate any sort of poison immunity or ability to self target?

My role was that I could heal poison twice, and I could target anyone with the antidote. So I imagine if someone targeted me I could heal myself.

If you did not get told to refrain from making a Vote command, you may make a Vote command. The effect from the other player(s) will be manually adjusted by the mods after the vote tool runs. Go ahead and prove it if you like.

Just went back and rereaad day one, and wow. Lifeline really had Achoo and Sorian pegged. Well done, noob. The constant tunneling on Achoo probably had the scum team a bit nervous.

The point that set off Lifeline then was Achoo making a reads list of two players - Sorian and Faddy - as his top two town.
We know Sorian is neutral, but Achoo wouldn't have known that day one, so he was picking a non-mafia player to call town.
Then there's Faddy. I think it quite plausible that Achoo was laying a foundation for showing that he had sick reads later on, after Sorian got got, which tends to happen to him. The fact that Faddy was placed as the "second town" on the early reads list of a known mafia is more indicative to me that he was a teammate, and not town.

I really don't understand your line of reasoning here. Your spot/predecessor already claimed, you are sticking by that claim, and both of you are in a role that's likely town.

If you are indeed town, releasing your name will not hurt any other town, only scum and maybe any lingering neutrals.

It would be only beneficial for you as a town to clear that air.

My reasoning is similar to not making a claim of Ordinary in a more normal game.

I see no benefit to town from sharing my character name. That's a zero % positive move [I'm open to your convincing me it will do anything other than satisfy your curiosity].
However, if I take myself out of a pool of other names, I see a less than 10% chance that it could harm town in the event of a second lyncher aimed at a town target [we know there was a lyncher aimed at a mafia target].
Therefore, the equation works out to up to 10% chance of causing harm to town, so there is no reason why I should do it.

Is that more clear?

Flame_AC

My reasoning is similar to not making a claim of Ordinary in a more normal game.

I see no benefit to town from sharing my character name. That's a zero % positive move [I'm open to your convincing me it will do anything other than satisfy your curiosity].
However, if I take myself out of a pool of other names, I see a less than 10% chance that it could harm town in the event of a second lyncher aimed at a town target [we know there was a lyncher aimed at a mafia target].
Therefore, the equation works out to up to 10% chance of causing harm to town, so there is no reason why I should do it.

Is that more clear?

I still see no reason not to drop your name. Your theory that there's some secondary lyncher who's going to get you is highly unlikely to happen and even if it did you're safe for today for better or worse.

Fat4all

Banned

Is that more clear?

not even a little

We knew Royal's role, but we didn't know his name.
Mazre name claimed, but chose a name he didn't know was out there.
Royal then countered Mazre's name claim.

IF weemead is town, withholding his name limits scum's ability to improvise.
IF weemad is scum, he would almost certainly use one of the safe claims provided, or risk a second Mazre situation.

Granted, given what happened to Mazre I do not see scum trying to improvise at this point, but you never know. Stranger things have happened in gafia games.

I still see no reason not to drop your name. Your theory that there's some secondary lyncher who's going to get you is highly unlikely to happen and even if it did you're safe for today for better or worse.

Not ME flame, some random teammate i know nothing about.

And like I said, while I believe it to be less than 10% likely, a bunch of people whining about my logic is not going to pressure me into making an antitown move. Nothing has ever pressured me to make antitown moves as town. Feel free to go read my previous games to verify.

Zippy, I'm sure you don't want to hear from me at this point, but consider poisoning Sorian tonight. It would be ironically hilarious to watch him die of poison while begging me to save him.

Penguin

And like I said, while I believe it to be less than 10% likely, a bunch of people whining about my logic is not going to pressure me into making an antitown move. Nothing has ever pressured me to make antitown moves as town. Feel free to go read my previous games to verify.

Zippy, I'm sure you don't want to hear from me at this point, but consider poisoning Sorian tonight. It would be ironically hilarious to watch him die of poison while begging me to save him.

On that Rorschach level
The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No.”

Fat4all

Banned
Honestly, it'd be worth it to lynch one of you three tomorrow just from this back and forth here. Then we'd get an honest information from the lynch.

Reads are reads, and you three immediately jumping to the "oh, if you read that into this post I just made, your a fool" motifs seems like massive amounts of overcompensation for what can be clearly and cleanly claimed.

I'm not joking when I say that none of AB and weemad's bounce-back defends from Faddy's accusations has them in a positive light in my eyes. Top scum leans.

Not sure on LP.

Fat4all

Banned
The likely best situation would be to lynch either weemad or Zipped (unfortunately, likely Zipped) and see what the turn is, but that can't be considered until tomorrow.

Well, since I think you are th poisoned, why don't you do it and we lynch you and get closer to winning the game?

Top Bottom