• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arkham Asylum Mafia |OT| It's time to kill the Bat

Bronx-Man

Banned
Well, we finally got a claim from weemad so I'll hold up my end of the deal.

I am Bane, the man that broke the bat. I'm a Tough-Guy which means I'm a natural one-shot BP.

Flame_AC

Well, we finally got a claim from weemad so I'll hold up my end of the deal.

I am Bane, the man that broke the bat. I'm a Tough-Guy which means I'm a natural one-shot BP.

Good on you for claiming I guess. Your role isn't too interesting though. Do you get informed if your BP is used up?

Timeaisis

Yes. He is just trolling now.

Look at his last post, he thinks "doctor" is an unlikely claim, based on his adding things to it that don't actually exist.

Have you ever seen Timeaisis come to conclusions like that, seriously?

You literally just said you are a bat lookalike. How are we supposed to interpret that?

Maybe if you were actually clear with your town "team" instead of obfuscating literally everything about your role, this would be easier. But no, you continue to make this incredibly hard for us to read you.

Timeaisis

Hey, guys, maybe think about this for a second. Maybe if weemad actually typed out his rolename clearly and didn't leave it to flame and the rest of us to guess it we wouldn't be as confused.

How about that?

Hey, guys, maybe think about this for a second. Maybe if weemad actually typed out his rolename clearly and didn't leave it to flame and the rest of us to guess it we wouldn't be as confused.

How about that?

Maybe everyone who disobeys Rule 6 should be modkilled, and I can be the last person left in the game.

Is it so hard to tell my posts from zipped's posts?

I don't see how you could view weemad as being anything but purposefully obtuse for no reason
Because weemadarthur had a reason, even posted it. Whether you agree with it or not is immaterial. Y'all are just pissed weemadarthur had the audacity to say no to the mob.

Timeaisis

A bit from the wiki. About the character. Since zipped wants to get into flavor arguments as some sort of indication of alignment.

Alright, well spell it out for us.

Are you hush? Are you a doctor? Can you cure poison? Do you investigate as town or scum?

I don't understand why it's is so hard to be clear here. You've posted like 3 or 4 times without clearly stating anything.

Alright, well spell it out for us.

Are you hush? Are you a doctor? Can you cure poison? Do you investigate as town or scum?

I don't understand why it's is so hard to be clear here. You've posted like 3 or 4 times without clearly stating anything.

Yes, answered earlier.
Yes, claimed since day 2
Yes, claimed in the first post i ever made in this game. [er...pretty sure it was that one]
If I was a miller, it would say that in my role card, right? Cause it doesn't say that. I am town. Just straight up town.

Have you even read the thread? All those answers were there.

Timeaisis

Because weemadarthur had a reason, even posted it. Whether you agree with it or not is immaterial. Y'all are just pissed weemadarthur had the audacity to say no to the mob.

If weemad is town, they're intentionally obfuscated their role name so that instead of hunting for scum, we've argued about their potential role name and what it means for the past two days. If they're town, instead of looking for scum or making a case against anyone else, they're protected their hide and refused to give us a name because they felt inclined to do so for their own (maybe legitimate reasons), but to the detriment of the town overall.

This is clear to me because we are still fucking talking about it right now.

Timeaisis

Yes, answered earlier.
Yes, claimed since day 2
Yes, claimed in the first post i ever made in this game. [er...pretty sure it was that one]
If I was a miller, it would say that in my role card, right? Cause it doesn't say that. I am town. Just straight up town.

Have you even read the thread? All those answers were there.

Finally thank you. And yes, of course I've read the thread. You are just confusing. That's all.

If weemad is town, they're intentionally obfuscated their role name so that instead of hunting for scum, we've argued about their potential role name and what it means for the past two days. If they're town, instead of looking for scum or making a case against anyone else, they're protected their hide and refused to give us a name because they felt inclined to do so for their own (maybe legitimate reasons), but to the detriment of the town overall.

This is clear to me because we are still fucking talking about it right now.

Don't blame me for the stupid flavor argument discussion and the chasing after unnecessary data. It's an idiotic discussion to have had, and I have constantly tried to change the subject to something that matters.

@Lone Prodigy Are you asking for a replacement? Are you still playing?

@Flame & Fireblend Do you believe Bronx's role claim?

Since it caught very little discussion, I figured I would point out Bronx is claiming BP in a game with two others claiming doctor. That doesn't strike anyone as unlikely, even if we all agree that one doctor is likely lying?

Fat4all

Banned
OK, so.

Most of what can be said about the 50/50 has been said I wager, besides more defenses and the like. It's very unlikely there are two people who can cure poison in a single game.

I just have one thing to ask of Sorian. This post you made shortly after Zipped claimed two days ago:

Also, you get poison doctor out of Zipped, take it how you will. I have no horse in that race, I was lightly reading it as town after looking up the character so I'm not voting there. He doesn't seem to want to contend with me claim though if anyone was actually worried about me lying.

Is this implying that Natiko saw them as a poison doc when they used their ability? Or was this just a mix of the cop read and your reaction from Zipped's full claim?

Since it caught very little discussion, I figured I would point out Bronx is claiming BP in a game with two others claiming doctor. That doesn't strike anyone as unlikely, even if we all agree that one doctor is likely lying?

Yes highly suspect, especially since we already had a role that gave out bullet proof, and penguin and his gamble for BP role

There are a lot of extra kills.

A poisoner
Robin got a bonus, under circumstances
Splinter caused a double lynch
There is a serial killer/lyncher.

I'm not sure about him being BP, but I believe him more than I believe Timeasis claiming to be bulletproof. Even if unnatural. He has obfuscated what he meant by it though.

Sorian

Banned
OK, so.

Most of what can be said about the 50/50 has been said I wager, besides more defenses and the like. It's very unlikely there are two people who can cure poison in a single game.

I just have one thing to ask of Sorian. This post you made shortly after Zipped claimed two days ago:

Is this implying that Natiko saw them as a poison doc when they used their ability? Or was this just a mix of the cop read and your reaction from Zipped's full claim?

I don't understand the question? I was just reporting that Natiko and I were leaning town on his role name and by this point in the game, the result didn't really matter to me anymore.

@Bronx What are you thinking at this point? Any role claims you believe/disbelieve?

@Sorian You gonna vote?

Sure

VOTE: Flame_AC

Sorian

Banned
There are a lot of extra kills.

A poisoner
Robin got a bonus, under circumstances
Splinter caused a double lynch
There is a serial killer/lyncher.

I'm not sure about him being BP, but I believe him more than I believe Timeasis claiming to be bulletproof. Even if unnatural. He has obfuscated what he meant by it though.

19789999.jpg

Fat4all

Banned
I don't understand the question? I was just reporting that Natiko and I were leaning town on his role name and by this point in the game, the result didn't really matter to me anymore.

What I meant was, from that comment, it sounded like you knew he was going to claim poison doc as well or something (where you say 'you get poison doc' and 'I was lightly reading it as town')

I figured it was just part of the conversation, otherwise.

XD

Maybe I don't at that. I won't even try to argue with you on exactly correct role terms and game design.

Anyway you claimed an extra killing ability.

Sorian

Banned
What I meant was, from that comment, it sounded like you knew he was going to claim poison doc as well or something (where you say 'you get poison doc' and 'I was lightly reading it as town')

I figured it was just part of the conversation, otherwise.

Oh, no I was saying I lightly read the name itself as town and the "you get poison doc" was just me reiterating his claim before getting to my point. On a base level, poison docs are usually town so maybe I sprinkled some of that in there sub consciously.

Fat4all

Banned
Oh, no I was saying I lightly read the name itself as town and the "you get poison doc" was just me reiterating his claim before getting to my point. On a base level, poison docs are usually town so maybe I sprinkled some of that in there sub consciously.

gotcha, just checking

LP
weemad - Hush, doctor
Fireblend
Bronx - Bane, BP
Flame - Freeze, RB
Penguin - Penguin, gambler
Time - can't remember, thunderdome
AB - Riddler, watcher
Faddy - can't remember, lynch bomb
Fat - Anarky, override
Sorian - Joker, neutral killer
Zipped - Batmite, poison doc

Faddy

Banned
So it seems like A_B's role claim stands up.

I still don't believe weemad though which means that unless A_B was lying about the night 2 self target, which I have no reason to doubt now at all there needs to be some scenario where scum would target themselves. As much as I want to be critical of A_B's play I can't see any real scenario where he is scum now.

So that brings us to our alleged doctor. Could Nudull have been poisoned on night 1? And cured himself night 2? Yes. Does this make him town? No.

However what it leads me to believe is that Zipped is lying and he is the poisoner looking to get a potential poison doc out of the way before he strikes again. So neutral, not scum.

Which then begs the question as who the hell is scum. Possibly weemad.
Not me, Fat, A_B, Flame (who I am inclined to believe). Leaving L_P, Fireblend, Time and Bronx and Penguin who both claim some sort of Bulletproof.

Faddy

Banned
LP
weemad - Hush, doctor
Fireblend
Bronx - Bane, BP
Flame - Freeze, RB
Penguin - Penguin, gambler
Time - can't remember, thunderdome
AB - Riddler, watcher
Faddy - can't remember, lynch bomb
Fat - Anarky, override
Sorian - Joker, neutral killer
Zipped - Batmite, poison doc

We are waiting for you and Fireblend to claim iirc.

List of players and arguments for town/scum

weemad
town - having a doctor makes sense
scum - counter-claimed by Zipped, no actual successful protection, stubborn play style which has dominated conversation

Bronx
town - uh
scum - convenient and easy claim, scum won't touch him

Flame
town - blocked Sorian
scum - blocked Sorian

Penguin
town - quiet, unassuming, no reason to lie
scum - quiet, unassuming, convenient and easy claim, no way of verifying

Time
town - claimed ability happened when he said he would
scum - interesting choices for thunderdome

AB
town - no counter-claim
scum - no useful results, could be a scum role

Faddy
town - generally active
scum - claim prevents death, could be a scum role

Fat
town - claimed ability happened when he said it would
scum - uh, still alive?

Sorian
town - lol
scum - lol

Zipped
town - having a poison doc makes sense
scum - counter-claimed by weemad, no actual successful save

@LP
It should be noted perhaps that zipped did not in any way counterclaim me. I counter claimed him because he role claimed part of my role.

Now, would you like to offer your actual thoughts on who is actually scum? Random arguments are not very helpful for us to read you.

Top Bottom