• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armillo|OT| Darkbots see me rollin, they hating, Tryin to catch me jumpin dimensions

Pikma

Banned
Have any of you played it after downloading the patch? Imo, the frame rate still needs a lot of work.
Patch's up? Whaat? I never heard of that, going to play it asap and see how it does

Gotta say I love the game, it's one of the biggest surprises 2014 has brought

colon

I'm sorry to hear that. Are you playing off of an external HD? I was waiting for the patch to hit to play the game.

I don't have an external HD setup, I'm just playing directly off the system.

What stages? I played through a lot of the game and it seemed like in later parts of the game the frame rate wasn't bad

Well the first thing I did was I went and played the first level because I remember that being pretty bad and there being one or two parts where the game kinda freezes for a second. That doesn't happen anymore, but the frame rate overall is still not completely smooth. After that I continued from where I had left off last time I played, which was 3-2, and then level 3-3 until I reached an area where I was stuck behind something and had to restart, so I just turned it off.

It does run a little better post-patch, but I was expecting more, I guess.

maxcriden

Well the first thing I did was I went and played the first level because I remember that being pretty bad and there being one or two parts where the game kinda freezes for a second. That doesn't happen anymore, but the frame rate overall is still not completely smooth. After that I continued from where I had left off last time I played, which was 3-2, and then level 3-3 until I reached an area where I was stuck behind something and had to restart, so I just turned it off.

Thanks for the info. I'm sorry to hear it isn't running better. At this point I don't assume they're going to re-patch the same stuff, so I will plan to check out the game in its current state.

knightSquared

Neo Member

Armillo dev here. First of all, sorry about that. The patch actually doesn't do any work to the overall FPS, but mainly works to eliminate the frame rate stutters where the game pauses for a certain length of time. People using the internal flash drive won't notice much of a difference, but others with certain external drives will notice a huge difference. To some, the game was virtually unplayable because the frame rate stutters occurs rather frequently on some external drives.

also

Banned
Armillo dev here. First of all, sorry about that. The patch actually doesn't do any work to the overall FPS, but mainly works to eliminate the frame rate stutters where the game pauses for a certain length of time. People using the internal flash drive won't notice much of a difference, but others with certain external drives will notice a huge difference. To some, the game was virtually unplayable because the frame rate stutters occurs rather frequently on some external drives.

Any news on the EU patch? Is NoE that much slower than NoA?

knightSquared

Neo Member
Any news on the EU patch? Is NoE that much slower than NoA?

The timing of this is a bit unfortunate. The testing of the EU patch was actually approved before NA. But it turns out that in order for a patch to be released, we needed an entry in one of their title management systems - something that wasn't required for the initial release. We've had one set up for NA due to some prior testing, but didn't have one for EU. Right now, we're in the last stage of that setup, so hopefully it won't take too much longer. Apologies for the wait!

colon

I've noticed a bit more activity on the Miiverse board for Armillo since the sale started. I hope the game is doing well. Is it still supposed to be coming out on the other platforms eventually? Wikipedia says the game is just a timed exclusive on Wii U.

Top Bottom