• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core V |OT|

1stStrike

Banned
Here's my review of the game: http://www.savingcontent.com/2012/03/armored-core-v-review/

My PSN ID: Hawk--SE if you want to play

I got the game at about what you recommended it at thanks to an Amazon gift certificate. The short comings mentioned by reviewers thus far seem to be mostly personal quirks more than actual problems with the game (FPS aside).

Luckily, I'm not very FPS sensitive, so it'll probably be fine. I can't recall any moments in AC4 or FA that caused me issues due to FPS drops.

Oh, and looks like Amazon failed to get me RDD on this one >_<

UPS has already been here and delivered something else to me that I ordered, so I won't be getting this until tomorrow. FML.

Oh well. I have some episodes from Doctor Who season 6 to finish up anyway =\

purg3

slept with Malkin
already liking the controls better than AC4. You can definitely see the CH influence in the menus and the way the map looks. Really digging this, hopefully we can get a good group going on 360 like we had for CH.

Hawk SE

Wow, I love the "I would pay" review score thing. Really smart idea considering it's a line that I frequently use when reviewing games.

Also, has anyone who played the game early for review on 360 found that they can't go online? Says my pilot data cannot be found. Any ideas?

Thank you. We pride ourselves on that unique scoring feature. I know the two scores can be mildly confusing but the text is the balance between the scores we put out.

I did notice last night on PS3 that it was having trouble taking my pilot data online. So it affected both platforms.

I got the game at about what you recommended it at thanks to an Amazon gift certificate. The short comings mentioned by reviewers thus far seem to be mostly personal quirks more than actual problems with the game (FPS aside).

Yeah there's really not anything technically wrong with the game except the occasional FPS issue, but even then it's only in the high 20s. It's not stuttering or coming to a crawl. It's a bit cumbersome and clunky with its interface. It just becomes a preference of what you like out of the AC series.

*Sorry that this OT has no pretty graphics or much text. If anyone wants to make a better OT, feel free. I just made this since it didn't seem like anyone else was. Also, if anyone has more information they want added in the OP let me know! Thanks 1stStrike for making the OT a lot better!

Kudos to you, sir. I block images at work anyway, and most OPs are confusing and stupid looking with no images. This one looks nice though :)

wwm0nkey

Ok so I leveled us up o 25 and got us a extra ranking so now we can do harder missions, had to pay some mercs to do the conquest mission but we still won.

frequency

+Building mechs is compelling
+Ace visuals and atmosphere
-The story is total cod-waffle
-Too many loading screens and menus
-Learning curve feels like a wall

...What's a cod-waffle? A waffle made of fish? I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean? It smells and has pockets (holes)?

(Serious question)

wwm0nkey

Joined Ravens_GAF on the 360 side

DJ Brannon/Reisadan

Are you going to be on later tonight at all? If so we will have a group of 3 going.

As soon as we hit 50k in team points we need to do a conquest mission to get some territory. We will need either 5 people or someone can solo it as long as they hire 3 mercenaries.

geebee

Banned
Are you going to be on later tonight at all? If so we will have a group of 3 going.

As soon as we hit 50k in team points we need to do a conquest mission to get some territory. We will need either 5 people or someone can solo it as long as they hire 3 mercenaries.

I wouldn't recommend soloing Conquest Missions since your opponent's team level is random(if it's an AI team).. if you happen to lose, those 50k points are gone.

gryz

Banned
Thank you. We pride ourselves on that unique scoring feature. I know the two scores can be mildly confusing but the text is the balance between the scores we put out.

I did notice last night on PS3 that it was having trouble taking my pilot data online. So it affected both platforms.

Yeah there's really not anything technically wrong with the game except the occasional FPS issue, but even then it's only in the high 20s. It's not stuttering or coming to a crawl. It's a bit cumbersome and clunky with its interface. It just becomes a preference of what you like out of the AC series.

Isn't there just 1 score? seems like the "I would pay" is just the price of the game multiplied by the score you gave it.

Kahoona

I did a mission and the game said it couldn't connect so it dropped all of the money and team XP i got from the mission...nobody else is having this issue on 360? I'm assuming it's just day 1 hiccups.

WreckTheLaw

Giant Bomb Japanimation Correspondent
Getting ready to go pick this up soon, but I'm having frame rate concerns. PS3 users, is this a real issue? Is it playable? I have a 360 too, but a lot of folks I know are going PS3 so I'm just not sure.

TheMan

wow, famitsu scores are great and everything else is pretty low...

probably gonna wait to pick up this bad boy when it hits 20 bucks

d0c_zaius

lol GAF 360 team is level 60 already. nice!

If you guys want to change anything feel free. I can also make someone else the leader if they want.

We are up to 5 members already. When we get close to max I can set it to password or screening. Now we need to find a way to make a good GAF emblem.

Does anyone know what the workshop is for? I guess I'll save up the million creds and risk the purchase. Im already at 350k.

frequency

I don't think AC has ever scored particularly high with critics.
So if you liked previous ones, don't let the scores for this one scare you off.

wwm0nkey

Honestly the other reviews are mostly low due to them not liking mech games and not knowing the game has a HUGE online focus. At least that is what I am getting from most of the reviews.

TheMan

I don't think AC has ever scored particularly high with critics.
So if you liked previous ones, don't let the scores for this one scare you off.

i haven't really played an armored core game since the OG on psx. the demo for 4 wasn't that appealing, though.

wwm0nkey

lol GAF 360 team is level 60 already. nice!

If you guys want to change anything feel free. I can also make someone else the leader if they want.

We are up to 5 members already. When we get closed to max I can set it to password or screening. Now we need to find a way to make a good GAF emblem.

Does anyone know what the workshop is for? I guess I'll save up the million creds and risk the purchase. Im already at 350k.

I made the didact symbol my emblem, I am sure if I take a few hours at it I can make a good GAF emblem lol

1stStrike

Banned
On the bright side, I complained to Amazon about not getting AC5 today and they gave me another $10 off gift certificate. Now if I can just keep getting these, I'll be buying games at PS2 prices :p

Lockon

Been playing for a whle now. Awesome stuffs. It great that each mission have subquests to them, but my OCD is kicking in lol There so many subquests for story missions, but on the other hand, order missions are short, easy, 2 subquests only, and nice for money farming.

wwm0nkey

Also I know I was expecting a ChromeHounds like online system but the lobby system and everything in it is 100% ChromeHounds lol

Top Bottom