• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core V |OT|

Lockon

I've always used four weapons on both arms/bays. Why can't I always switch between them?

You can't switch, you have to purge them manually or automatically (run out of ammos)

Any PS3 Gaffers able to buy parts now? I can't to buy anything other than the ones I unlocked through the pre order DLCs.

Ken

You can't switch, you have to purge them manually or automatically (run out of ammos)

Any PS3 Gaffers able to buy parts now? I can't to buy anything other than the ones I unlocked through the pre order DLCs.
Can't you just hold Y+trigger to swap between arm and bay weapons?

The pre-order DLCs unlock most of the starter shop. Kinda ridiculous.

And you can switch them. Triangle + weapon fire (R1/2, L2). Some weapons can't be stowed, if that is the case you can't switch, but those weapons are usually low ammo weapons.

purg3

slept with Malkin
So what are you guys using for your setups? Really haven't bought much in terms of weapons. Any suggestions?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Does anyone have a video that really details the MP mode? I'm really interested in this but I'd like to know more about what exactly the MP mode entails.

The 3 minute MP overview in the OP really didn't tell me much.

wwm0nkey

So what are you guys using for your setups? Really haven't bought much in terms of weapons. Any suggestions?

Im using a rifle and Battle Rifle for my main guns, two heat howitzers for my 2 back ups and a heat rocket for my sub.

Using medium legs too.

Does anyone have a video that really details the MP mode? I'm really interested in this but I'd like to know more about what exactly the MP mode entails.

The 3 minute MP overview in the OP really didn't tell me much.

Basically you and a group of up to 20 people make a squad and you do missions until you earn enough team points to do a conquest mission and take over territory. Each invasion (conquest or not) mission you do is in someone other teams base so if they customize their territory it will be different each time you go in and you want to set yours up to make sure the other team can not win. Its basically a huge territory war, though there is your standard versus if you want that too.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Basically you and a group of up to 20 people make a squad and you do missions until you earn enough team points to do a conquest mission and take over territory. Each invasion (conquest or not) mission you do is in someone other teams base so if they customize their territory it will be different each time you go in and you want to set yours up to make sure the other team can not win. Its basically a huge territory war, though there is your standard versus if you want that too.
Any reason why Squads are limited to 20 if the battles are 4v4(5v5 as you say)?

Also do the territories vary widely?

wwm0nkey

Any reason why Squads are limited to 20 if the battles are 4v4(5v5 as you say)?

Also do the territories vary widely?

Dont know why its limited to 20, ChromeHounds did the same thing.

There is a decent selection of maps nothing to rave about but its not a bad selection and due to the environments changing all the time the maps never really play the same way twice.

1stStrike

Banned
Woo, I'm on. Since PS3-GAF has been slacking, I've gone ahead and created a team for us.

Name: Dreadnoughts
Password: 1218

Feel free to join up!

d0c_zaius

Officially picked up the 360 version. So hopefully Ravens still has room. I'll probably be more or less of a scout.

I'm currently messing with long range ACS and sniper cannons. Thinking I'll be ranged until I get a hang of mid to close range fighting.

We have like 10 more spots.

Maybe with like 5 left we can set it to screening or password. I still think you should be leader btw :p

wwm0nkey

I'm currently messing with long range ACS and sniper cannons. Thinking I'll be ranged until I get a hang of mid to close range fighting.

Maybe with like 5 left we can set it to screening or password. I still think you should be leader btw :p

That works for me lol

Hawk SE

Isn't there just 1 score? seems like the "I would pay" is just the price of the game multiplied by the score you gave it.

Most often the Quality Score (Percentage) aligns with the Value Score we give it. However, sometimes a game can be worth more even if the quality isn't 100%.

zlatko

Banned
I haven't played an Armored Core since PS1 days. So I'm a bit weary of buying this one since I heard the last two weren't super incredible from a few friends, even though they invested lots of time into them.

What's a good resource to look at for some video impressions, previews, and maybe a review or two of the game to see if it's worth taking the plunge?

Teknoman

I guess close range would be sub machine guns and shotguns (regardless of TE,CE, or KE type)?

Already call it wraps tonight. I hate that Ive only had time for basically the tutorial and joining Ravens_GAF, but Ill be available all weekend (Saturday-Tuesday!). Look forward to learning the game and getting some games in with everyone although Im sure Ill be a crutch to the team for awhile! lol

1stStrike

Banned
I've got a couple hours in now and the learning curve is about what I expected, but I'm enjoying myself just getting used to everything. I've rebuilt my AC 3 times already, and I think I finally have it how I want it (for now anyway). My weapon setup is:

Left hand: Pulse machine gun
Right hand: Battle rifle
Shoulders: Missiles
Right shoulder: Gattling gun
Left shoulder: Beam sword

When I'm around large groups of enemies the gattling gun just tears them up.

As far as controls andw the like, I'm still really clunky with my movement. It's going to take me a while to get used to how these AC's move.

Graphics and the like are OK. Nothing to write home about, but they do the job. The FPS is fine, and I haven't noticed anything distracting yet which is a good sign.

The only issues I really have with the game so far is that you spend so much time loading all the time. Go to a screen and load. Go to the next screen and load. Once you get in the game, you're good, but navigating the menus is a bit of a pain.

Also, the online is a bit wonky right now. Some random disconnections from their servers, and the like. Hopefully they get that taken care of soon.

What is the difference between "Add on", "repaired" and "junk" items? I'm assuming Junk is the starter gear, "Add on" is from DLC?

purg3

slept with Malkin
360 crew with a nice victory, and everyone made it out alive too lol. Really liking this game so far.

wwm0nkey

yeah, one of there guys was running with either that charge laser rifle or plasma, and it really fucks your shit up if you get hit.

Yeah most people dont have TE damage resistance.

Also it takes so damn long for a defense mission to start :(

Top Bottom