• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Armored Core V |OT|

1stStrike

Banned
No idea. My order still showed estimated delivery for the 22nd too. @_@

Grr. That happens sometimes, but never for anything that I really want. My dryer was delivered 2 days early, but since my washer hasn't been delivered yet it kind of defeats the purpose.

Edit: Saw this on Twitter. Looks like Angry Joe is gonna be reviewing AC5 soon too. Can't wait, as I love his reviews!

@AngryJoeShow: Heading out to Pickup Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and Armored Core V while this Renders!

Lockon

Damn, these subquests for story mission are really annoying lol. There are some hidden ones too (won't show what you need to do), then there are 'items' (give parts when you finised the mission) which you can't see unless you are in scanning mode.

Mecha

GI just gave ACV a 6.5.
Graphics:Big battlefields and an abundance of explosions don't make up for the humdrum visuals

Sound:The melodramatic soundtrack is largely enjoyable, but the dialogue is laughable

Playability:The controls are responsive without diminishing the feeling that you're piloting a multi-ton mechanical behemoth

Entertainment:I appreciate Armored Core V's focus on dedicated teamwork, but a lack of mission variety brings down the experience

Good thing I'm fine with repetitive games.

Teknoman

Rented the PS3 version, but not 100% on which version i'm getting yet, so I guess I wont add my name to any lists. Could just work as a merc for the rental period lol.

Lockon

oh great. server went down while I was in a story mission and almost at the end too. Now I have to start the mission all over again lol

Ken

Anyone know if changing my language to Japanese in the profile creation screen will get a Japanese CPU voice? :(

d0c_zaius

Rented the PS3 version, but not 100% on which version i'm getting yet, so I guess I wont add my name to any lists. Could just work as a merc for the rental period lol.

360! we got a the frame rate and a GAF team :)

(and a dramatically smaller online population)

wwm0nkey

Guys our territory is about to fall......some of you may want to get on right about now, we need to do a conquest mission. I already re-arranged our turrets and added a few new ones in so we should be safe for a little.

d0c_zaius

Guys our territory is about to fall......some of you may want to get on right about now, we need to do a conquest mission. I already re-arranged our turrets and added a few new ones in so we should be safe for a little.

on my way now! but I still have my starter AC

d0c_zaius

Well you can now buy stuff because the shop is working. Tweak it a bit while we wait for the others.

well I'll need more time to figure out stuff, as the shop wasnt up yesterday.

All of the parts I just bought dont show up in my assembly window.

haha I messed my AC up misassembling parts.

I can see this online being amazing.

d0c_zaius

Ok so we got a new area and our rating went up

ok so that mission with the danger warning, was that us invading or us being invaded?

also for some reason I still cant here what anyone is saying. I can see the talking notifications, but the volumes sound really low.

And does playing through story missions unlock parts faster?

wwm0nkey

ok so that mission with the danger warning, was that us invading or us being invaded?

also for some reason I still cant here what anyone is saying. I can see the talking notifications, but the volumes sound really low.

And does playing through story missions unlock parts faster?

We went invading because for a defense mission someone has to invade us but I am pretty sure that territory is long gone.

Also not really we get parts for what ever our team level is.

wwm0nkey

yea with a full team I can see it being very fun.

I finally figured out how to switch my parts and such.

whats the deal with our territories being attacked and how do I know when its happening?

If we are on for the attack it will tell us. Obviously we were not on when we were attacked this time, but we will get them next time!

(Also I set up our base and it has 3 power turrets on it and 1 super sniper)

The emblem is no the neogaf symbol, its the best I could do with what I have.

wwm0nkey

lol that back and forth between you and doc is making me lean really hard toward 360.

Do it! :p

Seriously the game is a lot of fun though and due to the lobby system being very similar to ChormeHounds I am right at home with the set up of this game.

d0c_zaius

If we are on for the attack it will tell us. Obviously we were not on when we were attacked this time, but we will get them next time!

(Also I set up our base and it has 3 power turrets on it and 1 super sniper)

The emblem is no the neogaf symbol, its the best I could do with what I have.

ok final question (for tonight):

how do I add stuff to defend the territory? I have like 560k :p also you should be team leader I'm a scrub.

I need to hurry up and beat a couple of games so I can just leave this on all the time.

lol that back and forth between you and doc is making me lean really hard toward 360.

DO IT!! Well whatever platform you get I think you'll like it.

wwm0nkey

ok final question (for tonight):

how do I add stuff to defend the territory? I have like 560k :p also you should be team leader I'm a scrub.

I need to hurry up and beat a couple of games so I can just leave this on all the time.

DO IT!! Well whatever platform you get I think you'll like it.

Well the territory has a limited budget of its own. If we get a new one just go into Territory Cust. and select the new territory and swap out or add in new things.

wwm0nkey

Just a heads up, if you got a weapon via DLC rebuy it via the in-game store, the bought (not downloaded) weapons can improve the more you use them and when you buy them you can have them do specific things (like power, range and ect) so this means downloaded weapons are actually at a disadvantage.

Just found this out because I got an achievement lol

LProtag

Didn't even realize this was out already!

I'll have to look into it... would be fun to play it with a community, but I can't drop the cash right now.

Ken

Just a heads up, if you got a weapon via DLC rebuy it via the in-game store, the bought (not downloaded) weapons can improve the more you use them and when you buy them you can have them do specific things (like power, range and ect) so this means downloaded weapons are actually at a disadvantage.

Just found this out because I got an achievement lol

Which ones are DLC?

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
game is vast.
and bad at messaging this vastness.
still, plenty to enjoy and worry over. S rank story chapter 2 for a surprise, or so I'm told...

Teknoman

Some sort of no music glitch on the PS3 version? Music stopped at the tutorial mission and hasnt returned since.

Yup definitely a glitch. Apparently it has something to do with installed data.

I like what i've played so far, and getting used to the store/assembly menu (have to press cancel to view the list of parts as soon as you enter assembly?) is taking a little more paying attention than i'm used to...but its all great so far.

I like the feel of the different methods of moving around.

wwm0nkey

One thing I love about this game that was also present in ChromeHounds is that it makes you think. Obviously both games do it in different ways but that extra level of thought makes winning more rewarding.

Thinking about which weapons will be good in an encounter, timing your doges, planning out ways of attack, forming attack patterns and ect.

I just LOVE stuff like that. One of the reasons I can really enjoy most modern shooters too is because most of them lack that level of thought.

(Also you all need to get mics)

Xhorder

The team stuff sounds fun. It must be because it's the year of the mech game, but for some reason I have been interested in this game for the last few weeks. I played some For Answer a couple of years ago and that was okay. Never played online and that seems to be the focus of this game, which sounds great.

What exactly happened in the behining? I died to the guy, then I was suddenly back on the helicopter?

Also, I tried some versus. Was wrecked by some guy using all gattling guns.

Try mercenary work, was only paid 2000 dollars? The fuck?

hteng

Banned
What exactly happened in the behining? I died to the guy, then I was suddenly back on the helicopter?

Also, I tried some versus. Was wrecked by some guy using all gattling guns.

Try mercenary work, was only paid 2000 dollars? The fuck?

the whole story mode is a flash back.
you'll fight the guy again much later

Got home kinda late, but played a little bit and joined up with Ravens_GAF! Still sporting my custom AC, its going to take a bit to understand EXACTLY what Im doing in terms of building my mech and how the menu's and world works. But this looks like its going to be a blast to get to play and learn, and looks like we'll have a decent group for this one.

1stStrike

Banned
Praise the lord at the return of GAF.

Anyway, I got my game in the mail and went ahead and got my Recon pack installed, as well as the patch DL'd and the game installed on the HDD over lunch. I'll be off at 5 pm EST and since I work 10 feet from my PS3, will be immediately playing AC5 (working from home is amazing).

Any other PS3 gaffers are welcome to join me, though I'll probably be spending the first hour or so making my AC and tinkering around.

I joined the GAF team on 360 and do plan to play this game today a bit. But I have no idea how long I will play it for though. It's very likely that other games will take up my time.

wwm0nkey

ok so we took over yet another territory but we lost one in the process so we are now back to two. I assume someone decided to to a conquest mission and failed because the price to do an invasion was up to 150k when I got on.

Ken

That was fun playing with the GAF team on 360. Probably won't play again for the rest of today because I need to study, but I'll be back on tomorrow.

Top Bottom