• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

this is alot of fun to watch, viewership numbers seem pretty good too

EDIT: Barq is also how you do a side character right, anytime he gets something its super hype rather than just cheese

ASIS

this is alot of fun to watch, viewership numbers seem pretty good too

EDIT: Barq is also how you do a side character right, anytime he gets something its super hype rather than just cheese

Really? I am not into the competitive scene but I see the viewership is around 2000 correct? If that's good then it's great news for the future correct?

I really, really hope so. These matches are extremely entertaining to watch.

Kebiinu

Banned
ARMS is so fucking deep. I'm glad it's not a campy mess, and they have all types of playstyles. They did a great job with the balance, too.

Stopdoor

My favourite thing to do in ARMS: spam the punch buttons like a maniac in the pre-fight intros. Everyone else just sits there, maybe waving their arms around. Hopefully they're intimidated.

Good.

DKL is not going against rice. This increases the chances to reach the finals.

It seems like a great spectator fighting game, hopefully Nintendo keeps the promoting efforts for this game even if is not doing that great in terms of sales numbers.

Game 1 goes to NC.

Game 2 goes to NC. Various mistakes by DKL. Hang in there sir.

Game 3 goes to NC. Seems DK lost it's cool a bit, made some mistakes uncharacteristic of him.

Thank you for the great matches DK.

Seik

Banned
So who said ARMS tourneys would be boring to watch?

That's great and these commentators are doing a great job imo.

Bluth54

Really? I am not into the competitive scene but I see the viewership is around 2000 correct? If that's good then it's great news for the future correct?

I really, really hope so. These matches are extremely entertaining to watch.

It only got 2000 average streaming viewers? I don't think those are great numbers.

NimbusD

So arms has completely killed my left joycons analog stick. Has this happened to anyone else? It's loose and won't click down anymore.

Ugh.

NimbusD

Already ? Holy shit
Yep. Really annoying.

To be fair the stick always felt ever so slightly looser but not to any degree that I thought it was a problem. But might indicate just poor manufacturing.

Hopefully, I don't have to get it replaced just to have it give out again. Seriously hate the block being the click, games get so intense I could see myself fucking it up again.

DNAbro

So this game is gonna have free DLC but no paid DLC? Any word on if the game will have two years of support like Splatoon2?

Splatoon is only having 1 year of DLC and 2 years of Splatfests. I think we can hopefully expect one year of content for ARMS as well.

So this game is gonna have free DLC but no paid DLC? Any word on if the game will have two years of support like Splatoon2?

They also said that if the game is popular than expected later on in its life they would add even more fighters than what they already have in mind.

Thinking of picking this up today now that I have some free time to play it. How is the online community, pretty active? Willing to sink a lot of time into this if the competitive scene is alive.

random25

Thinking of picking this up today now that I have some free time to play it. How is the online community, pretty active? Willing to sink a lot of time into this if the competitive scene is alive.

Online is pretty active. And an ARMS tourney just happened earlier (and it was a great showing of top level play).

thefro

That was a pretty hype final at 2GGC

Watching the Top 8 now from yesterday. Have to laugh pretty hard at the one guy in here who had a review copy acting like the game was going to be too boring and defensive at high levels and how Nintendo didn't know how to balance a game.

My favourite thing to do in ARMS: spam the punch buttons like a maniac in the pre-fight intros. Everyone else just sits there, maybe waving their arms around. Hopefully they're intimidated.
Time to break the illusion. They don't register the other players doing the same thing. You only see yourself doing it. We do locals at work and we all smash the buttons pre-fight on our individual Switches, but it doesn't show up on the others. It's the same on MK8D when you're smashing the horn button thinking why you're the only one doing it, but in reality it just doesn't show up on their screen.

:3

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Time to break the illusion. They don't register the other players doing the same thing. You only see yourself doing it. We do locals at work and we all smash the buttons pre-fight on our individual Switches, but it doesn't show up on the others. It's the same on MK8D when you're smashing the horn button thinking why you're the only one doing it, but in reality it just doesn't show up on their screen.

Hahaha wow, I didn't know that!

In MK8D when I am spamming "I AM USING TILT CONTROLS. I AM USING TILT CONTROLS. I AM USING TILT CONTROLS. I AM USING TILT CONTROLS. I AM USING TILT CONTROLS. " do the other players see that?

Stopdoor

Whhaaaaat. No. It can't be.

There's just no reason to continue online anymore...

Ho, I'm disappointed...

Happy Sunday everyone! :D

In MK8D when I am spamming "I AM USING TILT CONTROLS. I AM USING TILT CONTROLS. I AM USING TILT CONTROLS. I AM USING TILT CONTROLS. I AM USING TILT CONTROLS. " do the other players see that?
Nah they see that in their lobbies.

jnWake

They do. However, if you honk like a maniac before the race starts they won't hear it.

Crom

It is really active. I spent my whole weekend playing online. It is very addictive.

exfatal

Just picked up a copy of Arms today looking forward to jumping on. Feel like i was doing good during test fire but going to get destroyed now online lol

Watching the Top 8 now from yesterday. Have to laugh pretty hard at the one guy in here who had a review copy acting like the game was going to be too boring and defensive at high levels and how Nintendo didn't know how to balance a game.

That's why you should never judge a competitive game from the beginning of its life lol. It doesn't help he was playing against other reviewers.

Just picked up a copy of Arms today looking forward to jumping on. Feel like i was doing good during test fire but going to get destroyed now online lol

Play the Grand Prix mode to help you get better at the game. I know it helped me a lot lol.

Ogodei

Starting to think Mechanica's my #1. Her or Twintelle.

One of her win phrases sounds a lot like she's saying "Suck my dick." Do we know what she's actually saying there?

bumpkin

Practice makes perfect. GP is good for that. I also like Party Mode because it's largely inconsequential, you win points to put towards new ARMS no matter what, and it doesn't affect any sort of ranking.

Also, you have to beat GP on level 4 difficulty or higher to unlocked Ranked play.

Top Bottom