• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

Official art of Max Brass:

DEVn5H9UMAAuzZz.png:orig

Profile (Japanese)

Belongs to: ARMS Association
Height: 195cm (6'4")
Weight: 117kg (258lbs)

Official art of Max Brass:

Profile (Japanese)

Belongs to: ARMS Association
Height: 195cm (6'4")
Weight: 117kg (258lbs)

So Springman right?

Also why does he look like a Saturday morning cartoon or a Pixar character. Would make a good show lol.

Also I wonder what he looks like without the mask.

Stopdoor

Worst thing, when you click to rematch someone on Ranked, if they refuse it seems like you're locked in immediately to play a match with someone else. Dang it game, if I can't play that person again I'm done for the night! Please let me go!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Are any of you concerned about the hit that the ARMs online community is going to take once Splatoon 2 hits? It's bad enough competing with MK8D (which a lot of my friends have already gone back to), but a brand new Splatoon is a whole different story.

I'm aware that free DLC updates are coming, but I don't feel like new levels, arms, and stages are enough to bring back lapsed players. I think that new modes need to be introduced, or maybe the current modes in party mode could be expanded upon and turned into their own ranked mode.

What else could be done to regain lapsed ARM players?

LotusHD

Banned
Are any of you concerned about the hit that the ARMs online community is going to take once Splatoon 2 hits? It's bad enough competing with MK8D (which a lot of my friends have already gone back to), but a brand new Splatoon is a whole different story.

I'm aware that free DLC updates are coming, but I don't feel like new levels, arms, and stages are enough to bring back lapsed players. I think that new modes need to be introduced, or maybe the current modes in party mode could be expanded upon and turned into their own ranked mode.

Well it's getting a new mode on the 12th as well, and with that in mind, I guess one could presume that it may get more modes in the future, so... Wait and see I guess?

Skiesofwonder

Well it's getting a new mode on the 12th as well, and with that in mind, I guess one could presume that it may get more modes in the future, so... Wait and see I guess?

I was under the impression that the update of the 12th just included Max Brass, Sky Arena, and player stats. We are getting a new mode as well?

random25

Being a totally different genre kind of helps ARMS. Dedicated fanbase will stick to the game regardless. If Smash Wii U is still very much active online even right now, then ARMS has a chance to have long term active community too.

ASIS

What I'm noticing is that ARMS is gaining a ton of hate from fans of other fighting games, but in general it is getting a lot of positive feedback, and it's novelty will make other people give it a chance. That and the marketing push Nintendo is giving it means it should do fine in the long run. Not groundbreaking, and I have to admit the game is losing steam faster than I hoped, but I still think it will live on as a niche title.

Here's hoping ARMS 2 (if it ever happens) will have bigger success.

All this lore on Twitter is really interesting.

Also it seems like the mode with Hedlok has some sort of timer.

What I'm noticing is that ARMS is gaining a ton of hate from fans of other fighting games, but in general it is getting a lot of positive feedback, and it's novelty will make other people give it a chance. That and the marketing push Nintendo is giving it means it should do fine in the long run. Not groundbreaking, and I have to admit the game is losing steam faster than I hoped, but I still think it will live on as a niche title.

Here's hoping ARMS 2 (if it ever happens) will have bigger success.

The thing about most of the FCC is that they do not like change. Like look how long it took for Smash to get accepted and even then there are still people who like shitting on calling it casual party game. For me its really hard trying to associate with the FGC because a lot of them are really condescending and love belittling other games because it isn't like there traditional ones. That's not to say all of them are like that though.

Anyway I believe if there is a ARMS 2 they will likely add a full fledged storymode to bring in more people.

I hate to admit that I played the game for 15 hours and haven't touched it anymore. Max Brass is not a very exciting character in my opinion. I will give it a try, but probably just a couple of hours. At first I thought that this game was going to hook me up but well...there is something missing...some kind of ranking,championship, fighting seasons,events or something...

I hate to admit that I played the game for 15 hours and haven't touched it anymore. Max Brass is not a very exciting character in my opinion. I will give it a try, but probably just a couple of hours. At first I thought that this game was going to hook me up but well...there is something missing...some kind of ranking,championship, fighting seasons,events or something...

Well you have to give it some time. They have said they will add some sort of events and they are gonna add lot more things to the game then just Max Brass in the next update.

I fully believe when the updates start coming this game is gonna be packed. I am also surprised how fast the updates are coming as well. A lot faster than I expected.

Skiesofwonder

Well you have to give it some time. They have said they will add some sort of events and they are gonna add lot more things to the game then just Max Brass in the next update.

I fully believe when the updates start coming this game is gonna be packed. I am also surprised how fast the updates are coming as well. A lot faster than I expected.

I hope you are right. With luck we can at least get added support for the Nintendo switch app so we can create GAF lobbies and have voice chat.

LordKano

So, I was reading an interview of Kosuke Yabuki by French site jeuxvideo.com and found a few interesting stuff :
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/videos/rep...ntretien-avec-le-producteur-kozuke-yabuki.htm

What are the most picked characters ?
We do have these datas thanks to online play, yes. Most picked characters are Min-Min,
followed by Kid Cobra.

Same question about game modes ?
What we're seeing is that players tend to train in Grand Prix mode before going online.

And what about the "fun" modes ?
Basket is a bit more played than volley, but it isn't by much.

How are you planning DLCs ? The rule is "no paid DLCs", right ?
Right, everything we've planned for now is free.

Can you tease us some upcoming things ?
You probably know it, but Max Brass, his stage and its ARMS are coming soon. We also planned some balance changes for the same update. We'll obviously have more upcoming characters and stages, but you'll have to wait a bit more.

Do you already have new ideas of game modes to add ?
With Max Brass, we'll add new battle rules and we do have new game modes in development. I'll give you a bonus : a little something should come with Max Brass update, in relation with the boss and the arena that comes after Grand Prix.

Will you improve Grand Prix and add more story to it ?
You're probably talking about the character's backgrounds , their stories. Yes, we're thinking as to how to bring more content for that matter. We'll do that in game, but we're also studying the use of other medias to do so. Right now, on our japanese twitter account, we're developping this approach by posting pictures and written content that gives hints and informations on stories and lifes of our characters. By the way, I'd like as much as possible that everything on our twitter account is available in French.

Will you do like Overwatch and release CGI character intros, or even like Final Fantasy XV with the anime Brotherhood ?
I can't really say about that, we're still thinking about how we'll do that, but yes we planned to tell more about the story of our characters.

There's more but I just decided to translate stuff about the content.

Heck yes this is everything I wanted to hear. The fact they are gonna add more than just new characters, stages, and ARMS is really encouraging.

And yes please announce a anime short of some sort.

Hey Cobra players, what's up with your character? I decided to try him out when playing some 4 player at a friend's house the other day, and I can't seem to figure out what his gimmicks are.

I play as Ribbon Girl normally, and she hops 4 times, and can also fast fall into charged arms.

How should one be playing Cobra, and what cool things does he do?

Nightii

Banned
Hey Cobra players, what's up with your character? I decided to try him out when playing some 4 player at a friend's house the other day, and I can't seem to figure out what his gimmicks are.

I play as Ribbon Girl normally, and she hops 4 times, and can also fast fall into charged arms.

Charge your arms and then dash, you will be able to chain multiple quick as hell dashes that duck below punches this way.

He also has one of the fastest and tallest jumps if I recall correctly, and his arm girth is so high, it makes his ARMS YUUUUUGE.

random25

Charge your arms, and until he has that charge he can do multiple quick dashes, and you can even slide forward to dodge incoming punches while inching closer to your opponent. With his huge arms, he has a hitbox that's almost as big as Master Mummy's. A great character for aggressive play style.

Charge your arms, and until he has that charge he can do multiple quick dashes, and you can even slide forward to dodge incoming punches while inching closer to your opponent. With his huge arms, he has a hitbox that's almost as big as Master Mummy's. A great character for aggressive play style.

I noticed he had dashes but I couldn't get a consistent number of dashes for him.
I didnt do a good job dodging punches with the dash, and usually dashes into punches.

His movement speed is also just weird. Sometimes he feels slow and other times he feels fast.

After playing Ribbon Girl for 50+ hours, everyone else just feels weird for only jumping once.

NEO0MJ

I noticed he had dashes but I couldn't get a consistent number of dashes for him.
I didnt do a good job dodging punches with the dash, and usually dashes into punches.

His movement speed is also just weird. Sometimes he feels slow and other times he feels fast.

His regular dash sucks. You need to always be charged and jump smart so you can use his spacial dash or it will be hard to avoid hits.

random25

After playing Ribbon Girl for 50+ hours, everyone else just feels weird for only jumping once.

I think you can get max of 4 quick dashes on full charge but that's basically using all the dashes instantly. Without that, he is basically a slow character (except for his fast jump). So he relies more on ground movement and constant charging for the dashes.

You need a bit of a practice for him as he plays so very different from Ribbon Girl. You can say that for just about every character though lol.

ASIS

It looks like the top characters currently are Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Kid Cobra, Twintelle, and Gore's Helix. Byte and Bark seems quite eligible as well for standard load out matches.

Pretty good roaster I must say.

Sapientas

Hit rank 12 just now and it's getting harder and harder to find matches, at least here where I'm playing. Always surprised how there are still lots of horrible players in my rank, so hard to actually have a good match against a better player.

Game is still fun as hell. Looking forward to Max Brass.

There was this Kid Cobra with two Slapamanders in ranked that I just couldn't touch.

Until I decided to switch to Slapamander and a Whammer. Holy fuck did I obliterate him.

It's so awesome once you realize the real meat of the game is swapping ARMS out and seeing which is better against a opponent. I just had that moment and it felt great.

DrDogg

I'm curious what the balance update will be. If I had to guess, I'd say added recovery or slower speed for light Arms.

I would probably come back to play this game if they let me re-map block on controller. I just don't like motion controls for this after playing with the Pro for so long, but my thumb can't take blocking L3 on the Pro.

It looks like the top characters currently are Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Kid Cobra, Twintelle, and Gore's Helix. Byte and Bark seems quite eligible as well for standard load out matches.

Pretty good roaster I must say.

Pretty close to my day one tier list. :p

Nightii

Banned
I have recently replaced Bubb with Toaster due to them feeling quicker, plus the knockdowns are good at letting me keep up charges, it feels great so far, I can just use double Toaster on most matches and be good to go lol.

My other arms are Revolver and Hydra, they get use depending if I'm fighting Ribbon Girl, Helix or Twintelle.

I'm still hopefull the balance patch will do something to give Spring Man a difference from Max Brass, I'm not about to ditch the Bouncer.

I've been thinking about getting this since Splatoon 2 seems to be lacking local co-op options. How's splitscreen for those that have tried it?

For two players the split screen is 1080p and 60 fps, but when you split it into 4 players it's 1080p and 30fps.

It's pretty great and you can do split screen in Grand Prix and Party Match so it's nice. Although sometimes in Party Match since the matches have 1v1 the other person won't play sometimes.

All in all it's a great local co-op game that I recommend.

For two players the split screen is 1080p and 60 fps, but when you split it into 4 players it's 1080p and 30fps.

It's pretty great and you can do split screen in Grand Prix and Party Match so it's nice. Although sometimes in Party Match since the matches have 1v1 the other person won't play.

All in all it's a great local co-op game.

You need two joy cons per player, right?

Peltz

It's pretty great and you can do split screen in Grand Prix and Party Match so it's nice. Although sometimes in Party Match since the matches have 1v1 the other person won't play sometimes.

All in all it's a great local co-op game that I recommend.

2 player split screen is 900p/60fps if I recall correctly.

Top Bottom