• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

DNAbro

I was on a pretty good ranked streak and they start maintenance. Bah. Was able to get up from 1 to 5.

Maybe they are prepping for the patch.

Neoxon

Dat updated title screen!

DEfzHM6UAAApoi3

Dyle

Wow, this changes up more than I expected. I wonder what the events will be, maybe punchfests with some sort of special rules? I hope the way the stat screen shifts between Version 1 and Version 2 is indicative of long term support

Wow those balance updates sound kinda wild. Really need to check this out for myself, but nerfing Cobra's jump distance is gonna be interesting for the competitive scene.

Sort of sad they removed the skate park on competitive. I think we're way too early into this game's competitive life to be outright banning/removing certain stages.

Apparently my best stage is Sky Arena—probably just from clearing GP a dozen times with very few rematches and never drawing it in multiplayer.

Those of you posting your stats, don't forget to check the detailed breakdown, too, for invigorating numbers like (in my case) my 90% V-Ball win percentage.

Here are the patch notes.

They removed snake park from ranked lmao.

I like what I see. As with Splatoon, I guess slowly increasing the cap for 1v1 ranks was inevitable given how climbing the ladder works, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it eventually settle quite high, like at 40 or 50.

Not surprised Snake Park got bumped from Ranked. I didn't mind it that much as a stage, but it didn't belong in Ranked for similar reasons as the random items that only appear in Party Mode. I think absolutely every Ranked match I had on Snake Park led to a courtesy rematch regardless of who won or lost, as nobody thought it counted.

Biggad

Neo Member
Cant believe no more snake park. Couldnt believe I had no choice but to deal with it in the first place but I didnt think it'd actually get removed

MDave

I think all they needed to do was remove the spinners in Snake Park in Ranked, I love the size and asethetic of the stage.

I actually like Skate Park and am good at it but yeah. It needed to go.

Anywayz: HOLY FUCK WE GOT STATS!

Too bad its only by season and no overall score, but still great. And great to have seasons of stats too.

My stats for Version 1:
Go-To Fighter: Mechanica
Best Stage: Snake Pak (lol)
Ranked Matches: 420
Party Matches: 196

Top Arms:
1: Revolver
2: Chilla
3: Sparky
(I never seperate Ams)

Total Matches: 606 *Looks at Ranked/Party totals* wat
Fight Win %: 44%
V Ball Win: 31%
Hoops Win: 78%
Skillshot Win: 53%
Arms Test Longest Winning Streak: never played.
1-on-100 Best Time: never played.
Arms Getter Highest Score: 8590
Highest Rank: 9
Total Money: 2479
Play Time: Around 37 Hours.

Interestingly, the detailed stats track a lot more data for Ver. 2 that wasn't tracked for Ver. 1:

- Perfect Rounds
- Average Winning HP
- Average Time to Win
- Punches Thrown
- Accuracy

Records for ARMS Test, 1-on-100, and ARM Getter carry over from one season to the next.

OmegaFax

Interestingly, the detailed stats track a lot more data for Ver. 2 that wasn't tracked for Ver. 1:

- Perfect Rounds
- Average Winning HP
- Average Time to Win
- Punches Thrown
- Accuracy

Records for ARMS Test, 1-on-100, and ARM Getter carry over from one season to the next.

Most used control style wasn't tracked in Ver. 1 either.

thefro

Beat Grand Prix with Max (at Level 2) and nothing special so far. You just fight a palette-swap of Brass as the final boss.
Biff claims you are an imposter, then says you're the real Max after you beat him

Going to try to go through Rank 4 now that I've gotten used to Brass.

bonesquad

When I jumped into Party Match the first match I played was 3 player Hedlok Scramble. Another player got the Hedlok ball, but both decided to beat up on me. So I had 8 arms flying at me. I didn't last long... This mode seems like chaotic fun.

Looking at my stats I see why I hate hoops. I had a 87 win % in V-ball, but a whopping 38% for hoops... fuck hoops.

Top Bottom