• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

With the addition of Max Brass, I was thinking of other possible character ideas.

One that I thought was solid was a cowboy with rope arms. His three Arms could be Revolvers, TNT, and Spurs. His name could be something like Roy Round-Up.

Has anyone else thought of any other possible character ideas? Its neat to think how different and varied the characters are.

I'm actually in the process of writing up some ARMS fighters over here!

mas8705

So looking at Max Brass's intro, it is neat to find out that he is actually 52 years old, (which if Master Mummy wasn't in, that would make him the oldest fighter). The kicker for me though is his "Hobby"

Training and inspiring new fighters

I'm trying to figure out if this is in the same of how he really wants to have those with ARMS raise up to become the best they can be to provide him with a decent challenge, or if it is sarcastically speaking to just make him look good as reigning champ... Your thoughts?

As for Max himself, he is a great addition to the main roster. While he does have alot of powerful abilities at his disposal, I'm sure that it won't take long to develop strategies against him to make it easier to do battle with the Commish.

So looking at Max Brass's intro, it is neat to find out that he is actually 52 years old, (which if Master Mummy wasn't in, that would make him the oldest fighter). The kicker for me though is his "Hobby"

I'm trying to figure out if this is in the same of how he really wants to have those with ARMS raise up to become the best they can be to provide him with a decent challenge, or if it is sarcastically speaking to just make him look good as reigning champ... Your thoughts?

As for Max himself, he is a great addition to the main roster. While he does have alot of powerful abilities at his disposal, I'm sure that it won't take long to develop strategies against him to make it easier to do battle with the Commish.

He feels like a huge tank in buff mode.

And its amazing.

Neiteio

I think Max Brass is just a good-natured dude who wants to bring out the best in his fellow athletes. He's proud and believes in himself, but he's not an asshole or anything.

Nightii

Banned
DEgPh1JU0AExe_x.jpg

Who needs Max Brass?

Old man's buff up means he can't dash around with parries like Spring Man can, he is prone to this weird pauses that make him a bit more unwieldy, and his size (even when unbuffed) really helps make him an easy target. He is cool, but I'm sticking to the Spring-a-ling lifestyle!

(Also, that empty space in the grid bothers me lol)

mas8705

I think Max Brass is just a good-natured dude who wants to bring out the best in his fellow athletes. He's proud and believes in himself, but he's not an asshole or anything.

That's what I was thinking too. Part of me thinks that's the case when
after the fight with hedlok and Max Brass comes back, you see him posing to the audience to show that he is ok in spite of getting slightly body jacked.
Nothing wrong with wanting to be up against fresh competition after all. I like that he is a good guy (even if he does laugh in a way that could be seen as slightly menacing).

Zia

So I haven't played in weeks and want to use the Pro instead of motion controls. Should I just scrap my save so I get proper training with the different input?

So I haven't played in weeks and want to use the Pro instead of motion controls. Should I just scrap my save so I get proper training with the different input?

Scrap your save? You trying to change your stats? Why? If you want to restart training you can just access it in versus.

Zia

Scrap your save? You trying to change your stats? Why? If you want to restart training you can just access it in versus.

Shrug. I didn't look and won't have time to update until the morning. Thanks for the response though! Excited to try traditional controls, though everything points to them being objectively worse. I just can't be bothered with the Joy-Cons, as nice as they feel.

Gregtis

With the addition of Max Brass, I was thinking of other possible character ideas.

One that I thought was solid was a cowboy with rope arms. His three Arms could be Revolvers, TNT, and Spurs. His name could be something like Roy Round-Up.

Has anyone else thought of any other possible character ideas? Its neat to think how different and varied the characters are.

Old sensei with black belt arms.

If different enough than Ninjara's chain arms, a lumberjack (chainsaw chain) or motorcycle racer (motorcycle chain).

Yarn Yoshi

JavyOO7

Do you guys go for 200 coins and then get arms, or go for the lower tiers. Maybe I should switch it up and bit and go for the low or mid tier (I don't remember the coin numbers by heart).

Lanky Kong, Little Mac.

Maybe a dude with candy arms, might be too close to Helix

Cowboy with lasso arms is a really good idea though.

Shrug. I didn't look and won't have time to update until the morning. Thanks for the response though! Excited to try traditional controls, though everything points to them being objectively worse. I just can't be bothered with the Joy-Cons, as nice as they feel.

It's not worse. I can positively tell you this as a someone that's not using motion controls.

Anteo

huh, so you can actually get koed after you ko your oponent and the round will end in double ko. Didnt know that. I thought it would be like other fighters where you get invincibility after the oponent gets koed.

Edit: lmao just saw the replay in slow motion. Our arms get past each other. We trade nearly at the same time but I survive and my oponent gets koed. The game does this slow down effect and as the enemy byte is falling to the ground the seekie that hit me explodes and ko me too.

ASIS

traditional controls are actually superior in this game. But no where near as fun IMO.

huh, so you can actually get koed after you ko your oponent and the round will end in double ko. Didnt know that. I thought it would be like other fighters where you get invincibility after the oponent gets koed.

Really!? I've never seen this before, either. Assumed the same as you did.

Edit: lmao just saw the replay in slow motion. Our arms get past each other. We trade nearly at the same time but I survive and my oponent gets koed. The game does this slow down effect and as the enemy byte is falling to the ground the seekie that hit me explodes and ko me too.

Were you a silver Brass? I think that may have been me!

KingBroly

Banned
It's nice that you can update the game without needing to have the cart.

If the next character isn't Headlok, that'll be interesting.

They need to make getting ARMS easier, though. It's why I stopped playing.

mas8705

For the life of me, I can't think of one, but a Pirate character would be nice (all be it for the reason that you can have him use "ANCHOR ARMS!" that launch anchors!).

RRockman

Banned
Just did an arcade mode run with Max brass.

Going from Max Brass to spring man in Ranked is like

tumblr_inline_nvgdvtwYPo1r5ight_500.gif

Like I couldn't believe it. Spring Man felt much lighter on his feet. Roasters on Spring man is the best!

Anteo

So yeah, this is what I was talking about with the weird double ko. Gets hit by the seekie, oponent gets koed, then seekie explodes and I get koed. So no invulnerability after the oponent is koed I guess. Wonder what happens if bark hits you right after you ko your oponent, same thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k94qTCbpN4c

Doorman

Only tooled around with Max Brass in grand prix so far. He's interesting and certainly not bad, but not someone that I personally see myself using all that much. I don't know how I feel about him kind of being a mishmash of Spring Man and Min Min.

I like the sound of a lot of the patch notes but the rest will have to wait for tomorrow for me to dig into them any deeper. Trying out Hedlok Scramble is gonna be a trip, I'm sure. Also I'm saddened that my win percentage in Skillshot is pretty garbage.

Top Bottom