• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

Wow, I got the game on Saturday with my Switch and played 60 party matches since then lol

DEgBFd3VYAAk5rE.jpg:large

J@hranimo

Banned
I'm surprised they pulled an Urchin Underpass and yanked one of the arenas from ranked. It'll probably come back, with some changes.

Impressed with the changelog.

DNAbro

Now I'm tempted to buy the game... fuck. This and is Splatoon 2 gonna end me.

I definitely don't regret it. It's so much fun. I'm pretty sure this is going to surpass my playtime for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe pretty easily.

When I jumped into Party Match the first match I played was 3 player Hedlok Scramble. Another player got the Hedlok ball, but both decided to beat up on me. So I had 8 arms flying at me. I didn't last long... This mode seems like chaotic fun.

Looking at my stats I see why I hate hoops. I had a 87 win % in V-ball, but a whopping 38% for hoops... fuck hoops.

My hoops win rate is at 80 and v-ball at 70. People are bad at hoops.

Takat

This game makes me laugh. Max is awesome, full of zaniness like all other characters. I love this game. Pure fun.

All his poses and talk is crazy good.

MGrant

Code:
[img]https://scontent-tpe1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/19944407_10208802106719931_9203868384286664497_o.jpg?oh=609afea1ddcec012a78f5e4440903609&oe=59F930F4[/img]
[img]https://scontent-tpe1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/19787433_10208802124640379_6891894856303125643_o.jpg?oh=1161f3e36b87c3d3932300024ebe715f&oe=59FF227A[/img]

Weird that it lists Sky Arena as my best stage for Version 1. I... don't play party mode that much. Also, Popper/Cracker/Hydra nerfs! godisreal.gif

Code:
[img]https://scontent-tpe1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/19944407_10208802106719931_9203868384286664497_o.jpg?oh=609afea1ddcec012a78f5e4440903609&oe=59F930F4[/img]

Weird that it lists Sky Arena as my best stage for Version 1. I... don't play party mode that much. Also, Popper/Cracker/Hydra nerfs! godisreal.gif

Holy fuck that's a lot of ranked matches lol.

B00TE

Okay you know how I said fuck 1v1v1.

Well Hedlok scramble the new mode makes it really fun.

It adds another layer of strategy.

Still waiting to get it lol.

Loving Max Brass, love loud boisterous characters so he's fitting that role quite nicely for me. Love his default kit too. Only 1-2 other max brass's in my party room atm, kinda surprised. People lose a game on him and swap out.

Yeah this game is gonna look like a different package in a few months.

Didn't expect this much in this new update. Its also nice to see the developers listen to the complaints.

Neoxon

Weird, I feel like Max Brass helped me tap into my rage. I almost came back from the magic pixel & sent the enemy to the brink. But sadly, rage blinded me & led to my defeat for the round. That said, I won the entire match.

Weird, I feel like Max Brass helped me tap into my rage. I almost came back from the magic pixel & sent the enemy to the brink. But sadly, rage blinded me & led to my defeat for the round. That said, I won the entire match.

Max Brass is fun to play as.

His buff mode takes a while to get use to but damn does it feel like a completely different game lol.

Neoxon

Max Brass is fun to play as.

His buff mode takes a while to get use to but damn does it feel like a completely different game lol.
The even weirder part is that when my rage boiled over, I was landing more of my punches than usual as Max Brass & bodied the guy in the 3rd round.

Neiteio

Max Brass is AWESOME. I didn't think I'd like playing as him too much since I'm a Ribbon Girl main, but he feels surprisingly nimble.

Not sure why some here are saying his arms don't curve much. The Nades in particular are easy to whip left and right to chase down targets.

And two of his three arms EXPLODE!

Black_Red

I think I dont understand Max. You can only buff when you're low on HP? (Like spring man?) I remember the CPU going buff regularly.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Max Brass is great, the other changes seem very solid.
Am I the only Helix main????

Anyone get to the end of Grand Prix yet? Curious to see what they changed.
Max Brass's own GP is a regional tour where he starts out in Spring Man's stage. You still fight Max Brass but I don't know what the announcer says. Not sure if anyone has done it on 7 yet, don't think so.

I think I dont understand Max. You can only buff when you're low on HP? (Like spring man?) I remember the CPU going buff regularly.
Do a FULL CHARGE after a Dash or Jump, a la Min Min.

It lasts for ~5s or until knocked down I think. You can do it again while buffed.

FaintDeftone

This game's AI is so god damn frustrating. I've been stuck on Barq & Bite since release on level 4 difficulty and I can't beat him. It doesn't help that the physical controls for punching are awful and my punches miss 50% of the time and the AI instantly blocks every time I unleash a special.

Blunoise

I've been stuck at rank 9 for weeks, after this patch I got to rank 10 in 30 mins. It felt like all the cobras were struggling lol

RGamer2009

Neo Member
With the addition of Max Brass, I was thinking of other possible character ideas.

One that I thought was solid was a cowboy with rope arms. His three Arms could be Revolvers, TNT, and Spurs. His name could be something like Roy Round-Up.

Has anyone else thought of any other possible character ideas? Its neat to think how different and varied the characters are.

With the addition of Max Brass, I was thinking of other possible character ideas.

One that I thought was solid was a cowboy with rope arms. His three Arms could be Revolvers, TNT, and Spurs. His name could be something like Roy Round-Up.

Has anyone else thought of any other possible character ideas? Its neat to think how different and varied the characters are.

A person with vines lol.

Neiteio

An old-timey black-and-white silent movie fighter with film reels for arms

A musical instrument-themed fighter with accordions for arms

A flower-themed fighter with blossoming vines for arms

Top Bottom