• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS |OT| (’-‘)-------------

DrDogg

Yeah playing on the weekend starting to see just how bad the online is in this game. Just had a Twintelle mirror and I *know* when Twintelle can be hit, but this Twintelle was dodging with no problem when she shouldn't have been able to avoid the attack.

So... either I can't play this game on the weekends, or the online just isn't good enough for decent high level matches.

LaNaranja

Man this game is really great. I played a bit last night and was getting my ass handed to me, checked gaf and saw the general consensus was leaning toward "this game is unfairly hard." I slept on it and came back today and did significantly better. Game really is excellent. Ribbon Girl is the best character of all time and anyone who says otherwise is a fool (in terms of design, I still haven't played as everyone so cannot definitively comment gameplay wise).

The only character I had significant trouble against on level 4 was against Twintelle because I wasn't really sure how to counter her slowing down time. I ended up playing very defensively and winning by time out.

Anyone else bummed out that Biff's pre/post game commentary doesn't have any voice acting? The voice they were using in the Nintendo Directs was great, I doubt it would have been that much trouble to have him actually record his lines.

molnizzle

Yeah playing on the weekend starting to see just how bad the online is in this game. Just had a Twintelle mirror and I *know* when Twintelle can be hit, but this Twintelle was dodging with no problem when she shouldn't have been able to avoid the attack.

So... either I can't play this game on the weekends, or the online just isn't good enough for decent high level matches.

Wouldn't surprise me coming from the team that brought Mario Kart 8's netcode. It's less noticeable in a kart racer, but a fighting game...

Purdy

Little to say about the game so far, but one of the most striking menu themes ever, will remember that fondly for a long time

RedFox85

Had this on pre-order and cancelled about a week before launch, kept hearing Dan Ryckert complain about it on the Bombcast and the stuff he was saying played directly into my worries about the title, mostly in that it was very light on content. I have faith that Nintendo will support this one and flesh that stuff out though but I think I will be jumping into it later, hell by the time I get on board I will have to play against all of you pros! Glad to see people are enjoying the game though, it sounds like another win for Ninty.

RockmanBN

Tried grinding Arm coins on training 2P mode with a single joy com for each player. Managed to get 250 in an hour of grinding. Dunno if there's a faster method as it's 1 point per player per 28 second rounds.

aALkt4P_d.webp

bxVbrzb_d.webp

Luigi87

I thought I hated Skillshot... then I got forced to do it vs. Master Mummy (as Ribbon Girl with no heavy ARMS) at level 7... Now I loathe it.

RedFox85

Tried grinding Arm coins on training 2P mode with a single joy com for each player. Managed to get 250 in an hour of grinding. Dunno if there's a faster method as it's 1 point per player per 28 second rounds.

Just noticed the texture on ribbon girls hair, attention to detail right there.. haha that's awesome.

DrDogg

DrDogg you gotta admit a good Helix can be quite frightening

I had quite the lead I would say, gg

At one point you were in the air and tried to throw me. I avoid the throw and counter punch and you jumped away like it was nothing. Was that what happened on your end? Because right after an air throw misses you shouldn't be able to just jump away.

If that's a Helix thing, then yeah, Helix is dumb. If not, then I don't think your win was because you're Helix.

Ashodin

At one point you were in the air and tried to throw me. I avoid the throw and counter punch and you jumped away like it was nothing. Was that what happened on your end? Because right after an air throw misses you shouldn't be able to just jump away.

If that's a Helix thing, then yeah, Helix is dumb. If not, then I don't think your win was because you're Helix.

Helix is the slipperiest of them all.

Helix can dash in the air multiple times if throws (and punches?) are interrupted

DrDogg

Okay Gore, how did you get away from the Rush? I was point blank and you were in recovery. You just jumped right out like it was nothing and even got a throw in (right through my Rush). Is that just Helix? Because that was game right there.

Okay Gore, how did you get away from the Rush? I was point blank and you were in recovery. You just jumped right out like it was nothing and even got a throw in (right through my Rush). Is that just Helix? Because that was game right there.

Yup haha that's just silly old Helix :3 everyone hates me for it

DrDogg

Yup haha that's just silly old Helix :3 everyone hates me for it

So Helix has no recovery? Because my Rush basically went through you, then you grabbed me through my Rush.

And in the previous match your Arms were still extended in the throw animation and then you just jumped away. That wasn't just a normal air jump.

So Helix has no recovery? Because my Rush basically went through you, then you grabbed me through my Rush.

And in the previous match your Arms were still extended in the throw animation and then you just jumped away. That wasn't just a normal air jump.

Listen man you can ask anyone, I'm playing Helix how I've always played him and assuming there's no lag involved, which seems to be the case according to you, then it seems he has no recovery

DrDogg

Listen man you can ask anyone, I'm playing Helix how I've always played him and assuming there's no lag involved, which seems to be the case according to you, then it seems he has no recovery

I would say I should take him into the lab, but the training mode in this game is terrible. Guess I'll just take your word for it, but that would make Helix the best character in the game. No recovery...

............Sooooooooo he's broken then?

I wouldn't say so, it's not particular impossible or hard to hit him, he's just SLIPPERY as hell

I would say I should take him into the lab, but the training mode in this game is terrible. Guess I'll just take your word for it, but that would make Helix the best character in the game. No recovery...

I don't really know for certain if he does or doesn't have recovery, but gameplay speaks. Did you see that rush dodge? I didn't even touch the ground. I'm not a very technical guy, I do what I do and it works, sorry for being a bit ignorant in regard to all the technicalities

DrDogg

I wouldn't say so, it's not particular impossible or hard to hit him, he's just SLIPPERY as hell

Okay, the same situation happened again in the following match. I activated Rush when every other character would've been in recovery and unable to dodge. You dodged anyway and tried to throw me just like you did before. This time my Rush stopped you from throwing (and you tried multiple times). What was different?

Luigi87

lol, twice in a row vs. Lv. 7 Mechanica, she would use Rush, and the Rush Item would then land on her to recharge her as soon as it was done.

Okay, the same situation happened again in the following match. I activated Rush when every other character would've in recovery and unable to dodge. You dodged anyway and tried to throw me just like you did before. This time my Rush stopped you from throwing (and you tried multiple times). What was different?

I tried throwing once and it failed because you punched through, at that point I evaded and constantly punched you to keep up the evade

zenspider

Anyone else bummed out that Biff's pre/post game commentary doesn't have any voice acting? The voice they were using in the Nintendo Directs was great, I doubt it would have been that much trouble to have him actually record his lines.

No!

I was really happy to hear a Ninten-gibberish voice. I think that ready-to-rumble stuff would have gotten grating.

Top Bottom