• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

CzarTim

Yeah the ending was pretty disappointing, there was really no payoff for most of the established plot lines. For such an interconnected season, I kind of expected a big final episode that drew all the threads together, but everything still seemed disjointed at the end. Still enjoyed the season, but the final episode was a bit anti - climactic.
It's act one of a three act story. Once the other two acts are made, people won't have a problem with it.

Bladenic

So at the end of episode 6 Lindsay looks completely normal and the same as before (not even noticeably older IMO). But I swear she looked totally different in her episode. Idk anymore.

Also I obviously haven't finished the season but George Sr.'s episodes have both been boring, even with John Slattery. 6 had some good bits though, especially the last scene.

thank god your avatar is back to being normal

image.php

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
It's act one of a three act story. Once the other two acts are made, people won't have a problem with it.
Yeah I would have had less of a problem if there hadn't been a massive break since season 3, or if the next season/movie was announced. It's just tough to get to the end not knowing if there will be more, and with so little wrapped up.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Next season Barry Zuckerkorn will probably be living in Sudden Valley. Well, he wasn't living there this season, right?

I agree, I love her cute little hums. She's damn attractive too. Can't wait for the official album! :D

I originally didn't think so, but watching her episode again she looks very good. She just looks weird in some scenes. The first episode stuff especially.

Bladenic

I'm having a kind of hard time keeping up with the timeline. Is the main plot about the movie set in 2012/13 or?

Also was the choice to focus on one character an episode a conscious choice or one done because the cast could not always be rounded up together?

kirblar

Next season Barry Zuckerkorn will probably be living in Sudden Valley. Well, he wasn't living there this season, right?

I originally didn't think so, but watching her episode again she looks very good. She just looks weird in some scenes. The first episode stuff especially.
Barry got off because he hired Bob Loblaw instead of representing himself.

Aske

Nope!

Does your free Netflix FakeBlock app have mallet options? Does it have a choice of wood weight and grain type?

http://fakeblockisreal.com/

FakeBlock is real, and it only costs 99c x1.

(Hilarious, and totally worth it. My high score is 201. My finger got tired, but I wanted to unlock the Ostrich.)

gamma

Guys I just wanted to start S4 (hopefully wont get spoiled here) but apparently it's not in HD yet on PCs? Anyone know why?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Guys I just wanted to start S4 (hopefully wont get spoiled here) but apparently it's not in HD yet on PCs? Anyone know why?
Be careful. This is an UNMARKED SPOILERS thread. Don't come back until you finish the season. And make sure to stick around after the credits on the last episode. That's all I can say.

gamma

Be careful. This is an UNMARKED SPOILERS thread. Don't come back until you finish the season. And make sure to stick around after the credits on the last episode. That's all I can say.

I know. I want to start watching but it's not in HD and I only have Netflix on my PC...

gamma

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure it's in HD on PCs. Did you give it enough time to cache up and run in HD?

Yeah, the HD icon doesn't even show up. It works on other shows. Also, if I go to Watch Instantly - HD it's shows AD but if I click on Show HD for PC it's not there. Is it for you guys?

sangreal

Thanks! I get 1750 max on Arrested Develpment, while House of Cards for example goes up to 3000 and shows the HD logo.

Can anyone confirm that he can play AD S4 on PC in HD (as in it shows the HD logo in the player)?

I am not seeing HD on PC in either browser or Win 8 app (no hd logo, no bitrate higher than 1750)

Slacker

I started to rewatch this, but honestly, I just don't want to go through those first few episodes again. :(

I found the first few episodes much better on rewatch. I noticed lots of little things I had missed the first time. Example: When Lindsay and Tobias are arguing after the shipwreck, you can hear Maeby and George Michael coughing in the background.

Of course, I've watched all 15 episoses a minimum of 5-6 times each and I'm still catching new jokes. :)

inm8num2

The second Tobias episode (#9) was fantastic.

I loved the nod in the prior Lindsay episode to one of my favorite moments. Ron Howard said Lindsay took a liking to Herbert Love because he reminded her of falling in love with Tobias.

Of course there was that episode (can't remember which one, but they were organizing a dinner) where Lindsay said she didn't want to go with Tobias because people think big black guy. Then Tobias responded, "Obviously I'm not a big...guy..."

Heh.

I found the first few episodes much better on rewatch. I noticed lots of little things I had missed the first time. Example: When Lindsay and Tobias are arguing after the shipwreck, you can hear Maeby and George Michael coughing in the background.

Of course, I've watched all 15 episoses a minimum of 5-6 times each and I'm still catching new jokes. :)

Yep, I enjoyed 1-4 far more than used to, I actually really like George Sr's episodes too, especially the first one. Sweat and Squeeze is just too funny.

Oh, and Starfire is super hot.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I just saw a commercial for a new Showtime series "Ray Donovan" starring Jon Voight and Liev Schrieber. At one point this happened:

Jon Voight: I just want my family back

:p

Come on guys, don't tell me nobody is watching it on PC.

I only watch Netflix on Apple tv (occasionally iPhone). Never been much for Netflix on a computer as last I checked it still wanted me to install Silverlight (lol).

Wonder if no HD is on purpose or if it's just an issue with the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom