• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile in Spain

development3.gif

6r1BiIn.jpg

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Humans age. It's best not to dwell on it. I remember this same exact complaint when Red Dwarf X came out. I loved that season so much and the age of the actors wasn't even an issue. I didn't even notice Portia's plastic surgery except every time someone here or on Twitter mentioned it. Though I've seen her in Better Off Ted and she was basically the same then too. (2009-2010)

Episode 1 pretty good. Episode 2...ugh. Sucks I'm tired. I don't want to end on this sour note. I'll be sure to start tomorrow when I can marathon through a good 5-7 of 'em.

C4Lukins

I don't think we know anything yet. I mean they'd have to get all of them together for like 9 months once a season is planned and they wouldn't be able to do any other acting jobs at the time. Though really, how many of them actually have a career besides Cera? The rest I only see in cameos on other shows.

Edit: Ho hey, theres an article.

Most of them have steady careers. Bateman and Cera are leading men. Egg does a ton of voice work with the occasional film thrown in there. Arnett has been the leading man in two sitcoms overs the past years, which did not do great but he is hardly in the dumps. Tambor is constantly employed, mostly smaller roles but he certainly isn't hurting. Portia has a consistent television career, oh yeah and she has Ellen. Actually instead of me spelling it out, just look at everyone of the major players IMDB pages.

TUSR

Banned
Most of them have steady careers. Bateman and Cera are leading men. Egg does a ton of voice work with the occasional film thrown in there. Arnett has been the leading man in two sitcoms overs the past years, which did not do great but he is hardly in the dumps. Tambor is constantly employed, mostly smaller roles but he certainly isn't hurting. Portia has a consistent television career, oh yeah and she has Ellen. Actually instead of me spelling it out, just look at everyone of the major players IMDB pages.

Bit more on this.

Bateman and Cera are in movies.
Arnett just got a pilot picked up
Portia should be getting one picked up eventually.
Tambor has Onion News Empire which I think is going well.

kingkitty

Just want to make sure you DID watch past the credits, right? Because that part wasn't the "end" of the episode.

yeah, I was talking about the ending. Not the post credits.

I actually agree here. By a small margin. I mean I liked Charlize's arc and it had its moments, but this was something pretty cool. And much better planned out since they didn't need to cram it all into one short season at the last minute.

Yep for me season 4 started off worse than season 3, but it really came together towards the end. The different perspectives made the story a lot more entertaining.

Don't know why, but I think I laughed the hardest at
George-Michael saying he had no idea who Lucille 2 was because he had never met her.

As has been stated here ad naseum, first couple of episodes take some time to build up, but once you get deeper into the season, you finally begin to appreciate the depth of the story. I've never seen a comedy show with a plot-line this intricate. Hell, even most dramas aren't this well-written.

I need more, Mitch.

I don't recall. Episode #?

LOL George Michaels episode. Protip: Hes in matador pants when he does it. (13 minutes in)

"BlockBlock"

"George Maharis Arrested in Men's Room", Gay Scene, December 1974: "Famous Hollywood actor George Maharis was arrested November 21 and charged with committing a sex act with a hairdresser in the men's room of a gas station in Los Angeles... He was booked on a sex perversion charge along with Perfecto Telles, 33, the hairdresser, and released on $500 bail, according to police." An earlier guilty plea for a Hollywood lewd conduct arrest on 15 December 1967 with a male is also documented.

Holy shit. LOL

Miguel

I literally got a picture of some dudes junk

"George Maharis Arrested in Men's Room", Gay Scene, December 1974: "Famous Hollywood actor George Maharis was arrested November 21 and charged with committing a sex act with a hairdresser in the men's room of a gas station in Los Angeles... He was booked on a sex perversion charge along with Perfecto Telles, 33, the hairdresser, and released on $500 bail, according to police." An earlier guilty plea for a Hollywood lewd conduct arrest on 15 December 1967 with a male is also documented.

Oh, just amazing.

omfg

oatmeal

Banned
What? No way.

omg another one for Ophelia Love, which I thought was a pun for 'I feel ya Love' (I guess it is though)

Ophelia is a fictional character in the play Hamlet by William Shakespeare. She is a young noblewoman of Denmark, the daughter of Polonius, sister of Laertes, and potential wife of Prince Hamlet. As one of the few female characters in the play, she is used as a contrasting plot device to Hamlet's mother

Buster is
Hot
Hamlet
Water

"Should've thought about that before you let that cat live"

So goood

I think the q-test might be my favorite bit from the season. that and like all of episode 11.

edit: speaking of the Q-test, did anyone notice how the soldier they sent in seemed to have breasts? maybe fake ones to make him seem more like a mother? since he was acting as an authority figure?

Baroni9

I just finished the season, thought it was pretty good overall. I don't think standalone episodes worked for every character but when they did work, (Tobias, Buster, and Maeby's episodes in particular) they worked really well.

This is a weird side note, but I also liked how much Andy Richter was in it. Every time he appeared he made me laugh.

oatmeal

Banned
I just finished the season, thought it was pretty good overall. I don't think standalone episodes worked for every character but when they did work, (Tobias, Buster, and Maeby's episodes in particular) they worked really well.

This is a weird side note, but I also liked how much Andy Richter was in it. Every time he appeared he made me laugh.
I wish they never said Emmits name. I knew exactly who it was when it showed him, so awesome.

I think the q-test might be my favorite bit from the season. that and like all of episode 11.

edit: speaking of the Q-test, did anyone notice how the soldier they sent in seemed to have breasts? maybe fake ones to make him seem more like a mother? since he was acting as an authority figure?

Ep 11 might just be one of my favorite episodes in the entire series. The payoff was INCREDIBLE

"He probably makes like $8,000 a day!!" Also, the scene where Conan berates him then hires that woman as a writer was priceless.

For those who complained about the narration: I thought they used it to masterful effect. Like when the nurse asks GM who he wants to list as his emergency contact, and he emotionally responds "My dad..." Then while Ron Howard begins talking you can barely make out her responding, "We need an actual--"

The whole thing with marky and debris was awful, tobias episode was the worst.

Umm, what? Six words: How To Entrap a Local Predator

I've only watched through ep 10, but Richter has killed it!

In the airport lobby:
"...second least favorite, talk show side-kicks"
Andy is sitting right there, "Fuck you too"
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom