• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUSR

Banned
Episode 14 spoilers-ish
Anyone else pick up on the misdirection that Buster would going to lose a testicle. From "I keep losing my jewels" re: the diamonds on his hook to the comments on his outfit in episode 14. Plus Lucille's "now nobody will ear your screams!" The naked sewing machine scene made me nervous for this reason. It also would have kind of tied in to George Sr.'s testosterone... storyline... thing. Glad it didn't happen though, that would've been too painful.

Buster only has 1 testicle. Thats what they were hinting at.

Edit: lolol Double post.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Just finished my first pass through S4. You definitely need to warm up to the new format but it's great. After watching it you definitely appreciate how the entire family interacted in the past 3 seasons.

The last scene, oh man. Where's S5/movie?
Well played Hurwitz. Well played.

Definitely will need to decompress everything. There's just so much going on.

I seriously think when judging this season we need to split it. The first 5 or so eps were a little on the weaker side (think S3) but the rest were just GOLD. The whole
Gob, Tony Wonder gay sex subplot was one of the funniest things I've seen in the series

An easy KO.

Really? You posted this? Let me guess... American? That pride of yours is a damn burden.

Btw, Deer Hunter is a bad analogy since nobody involved went on to do anything remotely interesting... I think the correct analogy would be something like ESotSM, with Gondry being Hurwitz (technically competent but creatively incompetent) and Kaufman representing the writers who essentially carried the showrunner.

Anyway, if you want to actually discuss this without being a smartass, I'm all for it. PM me if you care. I probably won't reply for the next 8 or so hours because of work, but I'm all for it, afterwards.

Mariolee

OK, so now I'm confused on two things:

1. Where did the ninja joke come from?
2. Why is Michael wearing a "Banana Stand" shirt when he comes back to the model home?

CzarTim

23 hours?

No, I meant more that I keep thinking, "This is amazing that this is happening." That a show can be gone for so long and then come back with a whole season. It's awe inspiring thinking of all the mountains that had to be moved.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Have they talked about a disc release and when that would happen? I probably won't get it though. I recently sold a lot of my DVD/blurays as I transition to digital. Just take up too much space and I haven't watched a disc in years. I'll just stream them forever off Netflix.
I guess it would take a few months. How long did it take for House of Cards? (If it has been released yet) I just want to buy them to support the show, let Netflix know I appreciate their support and to have local copies I can rip myself and keep forever. And I'd rather buy them instead of having to find them on the internet like a common thief.

But until then, I will stream the crap out of them. I assume Netflix counts how many times people watch their content like ratings right? The more we watch episodes the more popular the show would seem and the higher the chances they'd fund a 5th season if the producers came to them and asked for one.

More original content. Also, please Netflix. Where's our Chrome support? How is Chrome not supported? It's a standard Silverlight plugin and a browser that runs on WebKit which is the same thing Safari uses. Exactly what component does Chrome not have that Netflix needs? I was shocked to see that "Not supported" message is still there.

Really? You posted this? Let me guess... American? That pride of yours is a damn burden.

Btw, Deer Hunter is a bad analogy since nobody involved went on to do anything remotely interesting... I think the correct analogy would be something like ESotSM, with Gondry being Hurwitz (technically competent but creatively incompetent) and Kaufman representing the writers who essentially carried the showrunner.

Anyway, if you want to actually discuss this without being a smartass, I'm all for it. PM me if you care. I probably won't reply for the next 8 or so hours because of work, but I'm all for it, afterwards.

The We and the I motherfucker.

Ophelia Love lol

I caught a subtle callback from first and one of the last episodes:

When both Michael and George Michael see a redheaded Lindsay for the first time they both say the same thing

Anyone notice the Facebook chat notification sound randomly inserted into a couple episodes? One is really obvious in the first episode in one of the scene's when Michael's in the model home, but I distinctly remember hearing at least one more. Freaked me out and made me check all my browser windows to make sure I didn't have Facebook open somewhere.

I can only assume those were accidental, since there was absolutely no logical reason for those to be where they were.

I thought I heard that too. Could be a reference to Fakeblock or a metajoke about GM always getting compared to Jesse Eisenberg and Mark Zuckerburg

Can a Mod somehow split Oxigen's argument off into its own thread? It's getting a bit ridiculous. It doesn't even seem to be about the show content anymore.

michaelkickjkj7o.gif

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Can a Mod somehow split Oxigen's argument off into its own thread? It's getting a bit ridiculous. It doesn't even seem to be about the show content anymore.

Mariolee

nigga please
Wasn't it because Tobias is black?

Oh, was that it? Alrighty then.

On my rewatch and already noticed some new stuff:

1. GM and Michael are technically in the same bed just like how they started in the pilot.
2. GOB calls out to John Beard Jr.
3. "Something" search! Oh my god.
4. Singer George Michael having sex with undercover cop a callout to Maebe having sex with who she thought was an undercover cop?

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
2 episodes in and I don't know... it feels kinda weird...

and holy crap, Ron Howard explains EVERYTHING.

oatmeal

Banned

You already lost.

You posted an opinion pretending it was a fact, then you just floundered in awhile posting assumptions and bullshit.

Move along, like you promised.

TUSR

Banned

Yeah please take it to PMs, your argument is fucking annoying.

bananas

Banned
Oh, was that it? Alrighty then.

On my rewatch and already noticed some new stuff:

1. GM and Michael are technically in the same bed just like how they started in the pilot.

And the season 3 finale, and the same line is repeated, albeit slightly changed.

S1
M: What have we always said is the most important thing?
GM: Breakfast.
M: Family.

S3
M: What do we always say is the most important thing?
GM: Family.
M: Breakfast.

S4
M: George Michael, what is my log-on password again?
GM: Dad, Come on, what have we said is the most important thing?
M: I have tried "Family", it does not work for me.

Veal

That fucking
DOVE SLAM
in episode 11 is killing me! I am laughing way too hard that. The season overall seems to be way more brutal in the portrayal of all of the characters and themes. It's way darker toned than any other season, that's for sure.

oatmeal

Banned
And the season 3 finale, and the same line is repeated, albeit slightly changed.

S1
M: What have we always said is the most important thing?
GM: Breakfast
M: Family.

S3
M: What do we always say is the most important thing?
GM: Family
M: Breakfast.

S4
M: George Michael, what is my log-on password again?
GM: Dad, Come on, what have we said is the most important thing?
M: I have tried "Family", it does not work for me.

The one from S4 felt very forced.

Socreges

Banned
K I'm 5 episodes in still and won't read this thread because of spoilers but I WILL read any post that replies to mine...

What's the consensus on the season? Massive disappointment? Great but not as great? Requires multiple viewings to appreciate (I'm guessing only sociopaths have watched all 15 eps twice already, tho)?

AnkitT

I really really enjoyed the whole thing. The timelines intertwining thing and the references to the old seasons were all so goddamn well done! Plus that watermark had me laughing hard!

Mariolee

K I'm 5 episodes in still and won't read this thread because of spoilers but I WILL read any post that replies to mine...

What's the consensus on the season? Massive disappointment? Great but not as great? Requires multiple viewings to appreciate (I'm guessing only sociopaths have watched all 15 eps twice already, tho)?

I really liked it.

I also liked seeing the living room scene in early episodes and spotting everyone who wouldn't be featured later.

The first 5 eps are setup but it picks up from there onward

That Ron Howard scene with the Da Vinci Code book photo had me cracking up hard.

About 5-6 episodes in, loving it so far, except George Sr sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom