• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrested Development |OT| Season 4 - May 26 - Netflix Unmakes A Huge Mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've watched the first three episodes. The first episode was decent, but the last two have been pretty awful. I don't think I laughed once during either episode. And Lindsay Bluth looks awful! The first scene she was in I had to rewind it twice just to make sure it was her. What the fuck did she do to herself?!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I've watched the first three episodes. The first episode was decent, but the last two have been pretty awful. I don't think I laughed once during either episode. And Lindsay Bluth looks awful! The first scene she was in I had to rewind it twice just to make sure it was her. What the fuck did she do to herself?!

She had work done. And like Lucille 2 it was even mocked within the show.

saunderez

I don't know why, but when Gob is excitedly talking to China Garden about Tony Wonder and explaining how he's going to destroy their life, I totally lose it when he just shrugs it off.

Gob: That was Tony. My friend Tony.

China: Oooh, She sounds wonderful.

Gob: No. No, I'm going to get revenge on him and destroy his life. Her life. Our life. Destroy our life....Eh destroy our life, it doesn't matter, who cares.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I'm what now?

Ha! Good juan

Edit: On Point is an NPR show also if you were serious

Edit 2: Listening to this concerning report on the bee problem and colony collapse disorder, and I can't stop saying "BEES?!"

OnPoint

Ha! Good juan

Edit: On Point is an NPR show also if you were serious

Edit 2: Listening to this concerning report on the bee problem and colony collapse disorder, and I can't stop saying "BEES?!"

Haha I know, I'm a fan of the show ( though it didn't inspire my name ). But whenever someone says 'on point' on here I feel like Tony Wonder needing to pop out whenever someone says 'Wonder'

I don't know why, but when Gob is excitedly talking to China Garden about Tony Wonder and explaining how he's going to destroy their life, I totally lose it when he just shrugs it off.

Gob: That was Tony. My friend Tony.

China: Oooh, She sounds wonderful.

Gob: No. No, I'm going to get revenge on him and destroy his life. Her life. Our life. Destroy our life....Eh destroy our life, it doesn't matter, who cares.

Yeah, I re-watched that episode last night, might be the funniest episode of the season to me. And right after that scene Tony has a similar conversation with Sally where he comes to the same, same train of thought....."destroy my life...with Gob"(sad)...."Destroy my life with Gob!"(nonchalant)

Hahahahaha, love it.

Arkos

Haha I know, I'm a fan of the show ( though it didn't inspire my name ). But whenever someone says 'on point' on here I feel like Tony Wonder needing to pop out whenever someone says 'Wonder'

Haha sweet, nice catch-- do you have a way of knowing when somebody says "On Point," or did you just happen to look at this thread, I wonder?

I'm here!
I'm queer!
...Now I'm over here!

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
I don't think Michael killed Lucille 2, because the next morning he was given the Forget-Me-Now and forgot what happened the night before. Then he leaves a message for Lucille 2 about how he's going to "pay her back". I don't remember the exact words, but in my memory it sounds like that's the setup for the joke of him accidentally implicating himself as her killer.

OnPoint

Haha sweet, nice catch-- do you have a way of knowing when somebody says "On Point," or did you just happen to look at this thread, I wonder?

I'm here!
I'm queer!
...Now I'm over here!

lol I should set up a Google alert on it or something. It's just when I catch someone saying it I try to reference it lol

Batigol

Banned
Finally finished it.

Overall it was was pretty average, sadly.

Lindsay, George/Lucile, GM, Maebe are not worthy enough to warrant their own episodes. They're not funny or interesting. Sat there just waiting for their episodes to end. Most of them just dragged.

It's no coincidence that the funniest and best episodes usually involved Michael, Gob or Tobias. Everyone else is a secondary character and should be treated as such

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Finished it, enjoyed it but I wasn't a fan of the single character focus and honestly some of the episodes were just too long.

Iceman

I'm only on ep.10 I think (queen B?) but Lucille (that character AND jessica walters) was killing it right out of the gates. Compared to the episodes that came before it, it felt like the most AD (original seasons, maybe a bit more like season 3). Maybe because of the house arrest, trial, prison time and her interactions with George Sr.

I was thoroughly entertained by Lindsay's episodes as well.

Kevtones

Finished it last night. Surprisingly enjoyed Buster's episode. It was over-the-top but sort of perfect. The ending scene of episode 15 was downright awesome.

All in all I'm pretty pleased with the season. It has issues, but re-watches are going to help the verdict. Have a feeling the earlier episodes that were weaker will get stronger with everything filled in. Also, holy shit at the
Shaman's identity
reveal lol.

So happy we got this :)

Slacker

I thought it was quite obvious when I first saw it

Went right over my sweet head. Had it occured later in the season after it had become clear that notrhing was quite as it seemed I may have had a better shot at picking up on it. Please don't squeeze the shaman!

Finished it last night. Surprisingly enjoyed Buster's episode. It was over-the-top but sort of perfect.

ib0JOa1GqaJ3cp.gif

Shit people figured out the shaman from the beginning? I had no idea. I also didnt realize Gob was talking to Steve Holt at the bar at first either though.
Did everyone initially think all those guys sucking up to George Michael were Fakeblock employees?
Yeah, lol. it Also made the tickle monster or song thing funnier.

So that was amazing, really picked up after the 4th episode. I loved every character focused episode except for Micheal's. Tobias was the best as usual. And I'll probably laugh whenever I hear 'the sound of silence' for the rest of my life.

Kevtones

Shaman was way too obvious, kind of a shame

My sweet ADD allows for maximum AD enjoyment it seems.

It's weird because I felt like I recognized the Shaman as some famous actor but couldn't put my finger on it. For a moment I thought it was a Hangover-Money-Makeover Zach Galifianakis.

Yeah I busted out laughing when it revealed. I figured it was someone we knew, but I couldn't place it.

Also, why was Modern Family referenced so much?

One of the old writers from Arrested Development is a lead writer for Modern Family.

Also, Julie Bowen saying "I made a huge Mistake" probably prompted a little more too.

Looks like we could be getting a few Bonus Features on Netflix at some point for AD S4.

"• He approves of fans who have decided to re-edit the show and/or re-arrange the action in chronological order. “I love it. It’s like sampling, you know?…. The fact that they still have ways in which to play with it and to dig it apart and to enjoy it, that’s really great. I kind of even like it when people are critical of it – I say ‘kind of’ cautiously — because it’s like, ‘Oh good, they’re enjoying being critical of it. Anything to create a little joy out there.’” Hurwitz hinted that if he ever did an alternate edit of the season, it would look different than a fan edit because it would include new voiceovers and extra footage: “We have a lot of material that we’re planning on putting out on Netflix at a later time, probably, to tie in there.”"

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Looks like we could be getting a few Bonus Features on Netflix at some point for AD S4.

"• He approves of fans who have decided to re-edit the show and/or re-arrange the action in chronological order. “I love it. It’s like sampling, you know?…. The fact that they still have ways in which to play with it and to dig it apart and to enjoy it, that’s really great. I kind of even like it when people are critical of it – I say ‘kind of’ cautiously — because it’s like, ‘Oh good, they’re enjoying being critical of it. Anything to create a little joy out there.’” Hurwitz hinted that if he ever did an alternate edit of the season, it would look different than a fan edit because it would include new voiceovers and extra footage: “We have a lot of material that we’re planning on putting out on Netflix at a later time, probably, to tie in there.”"

That would be fucking awesome.

Arkos

The interview is awesome. Mitch does spot on mannerisms of the characters, I've never heard him speak before. So epic.

Also, he says that the future of all the unresolved story lines is "already (mostly) mapped out" (sic) so, whatever form it takes, he seems to be banking on more AD

Edit: Hurwitz about jokes and the new format "It required a little more planting"

Way to plant, Mitch

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Watching the chronogical re edit. On first episode now.. Buster really comes off as insane lol.

Batigol

Banned
“This season, each episode of the show is like a chapter in a book,” says series creator Mitch Hurwitz, enabling fans to catch up on the characters’ lives before being thrown into a movie. Every episode “stars” a different character. For each episode, the starring actor is paid $125,000. The pay scale from there on is quite different. If non-starring actors are onscreen for more than 90 seconds of an episode, they are paid $50,000. For appearances of less than 90 minutes, actors receive $10,000. If the episode contains a clip from a previously aired episode, actors featured therein get $1,000.

www.prweb.com/releases/2013-arrested-development/actor-salary-structure/prweb10773253.htm

Guess ya'll already know about this, but it certainly explains some things about this season

Mariolee

Holy crap wait. I was rewatching this clip, and in all honesty other than a callback I don't see the relevancy of GOB freaking out about the woman having a five-year old. Is that woman Ann's mother since Ann has a five-year old? Probably not, since there's a big time difference and she would've noticed GOB was her daughter's runaway bride, but then again maybe that's how they know each other? So yeah, I'm confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom