• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow/Flash spin-off titled 'Legends of Tomorrow', 13 Episode Season to air midseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

NastyBook

finished-girl-colored-drawing.gif

Supergir?
I gotta go, pig. I'll see you later.

infi

Surprised Shipp is the one in the know about the spin off, I wouldn't think he'd have been involved.

The 13 episode order and that fact it features Ray gives me hope that this will turn out OK but it's still early days yet.

Effect

And they've got Mark Hamill back as Trickster few weeks ago. Now we need only Pike.

To add to this they've brought back a number of people from the 90s Flash show. Central City's mayor on the show used to be a cop with the same name in the 90s show I believe. The woman that is head of Mercury Labs on the show, who has appeared a few times is playing the same character (Tina McGee) from the 90s show but of older. Flash has been good about the call backs to previous show. With the Trickster they even used images and footage from the 90s show.

Supergirl is continuing that since Dean Cain (Superman in Lois and Clark) and Helen Slater (Supergirl in the Supergirl film and Lara in Smallville) are both casted for the Supergirl show.

The last part has been cast- and it's either an OC or they're still using production code names:

http://comicsalliance.com/arrow-flash-spinoff-franz-drameh-jay-jackson-legends/

However little we grasp about Arrow or The Flash’s Atom-centric teamup spinoff, the major additions of its core team shed a great deal of light on the CW super-series. Now, the third and final DC hero has been added to the ranks, casting Edge of Tomorrow star Franz Drameh as … okay, well, he’s not Static, and he … maybe sounds like Cyborg?
According to reports, Drameh will play the role of Jay Jackson, a former high school football star who lost out on a chance to go pro after an injury. Now an auto mechanic, Jay finds a surprising affiliation to the S.T.A.R. Labs crew. The original casting report described the character as “a regular, street smart guy who unexpectedly gains powers, and then, as part of the team, regularly quips about the insanity of the situations.”

Read More: 'Arrow' 'Flash' Spinoff Adds Franz Drameh as Jay Jackson | http://comicsalliance.com/arrow-flash-spinoff-franz-drameh-jay-jackson-legends/?trackback=tsmclip

more at the link.

Joni

Supergirl crossing over is the best news here, my interest in that show went up exponentially.
Indeed. It needs to happen.

Surprised Shipp is the one in the know about the spin off, I wouldn't think he'd have been involved.
The Arrow and Flash sets are right next to each other. And they'll without a doubt film this thing in Vancouver too. He can theoretically easily get information from everyone involved if he is interested.

Penguin

Well show has been picked up, but was known
title is also correct

DC's Legends of Tomorrow, here's the tagline

"When heroes alone are not enough ... the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat — one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/dcs-legends-tomorrow-cordon-crazy-794151

TheOddOne

PR:
DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW When heroes alone are not enough… the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat – one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known? The cast includes Victor Garber (The Flash); Brandon Routh (Arrow); Arthur Darvill (Doctor Who); Caity Lotz (Arrow); Dominic Purcell (The Flash) and Wentworth Miller (The Flash). Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg and Sarah Schechter are EPs.
Edit: foiled by Batman.

Caity Lotz makes zero sense unless there are some serious bullshit shenanigans afoot in Arrow.

Immortal villain could be interesting I guess, but he can't be too OP with how underpowered the team of heroes and villainsis.

DieH@rd

Banned
Very interesting premise. Rory needs to save the space-time continuum for the 10th time. :D

Immortal threat is Vandal Savage?

I wanted him in Arrowverse for so long!

Caity Lotz makes zero sense unless there are some serious bullshit shenanigans afoot in Arrow.

They mentioned in last episode that that after wedding, the new Ra's can offer a wish of mercy. I am 99.9% convinced that
Oliver will ask for Sara to be revived as a peace offering to Nyssa. If they do that, they can revive her in a good and meningfull way [at least for me]. If not that, RIP Hunter can bring her from some other timeline because he thinks she is important in his quest to save the world. But I would rather Oliver do it with Lazarus Pit.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
From the blurb I don't see how they can sustain a multi-season series out of it.

I guess we can also figure out how Caity Lotz is coming back.

And I was joking that season 6 of Arrow is going to be time-travel flashbacks.

Penguin

Immortal villain could be interesting I guess, but he can't be too OP with how underpowered the team of heroes and villainsis.

Time-traveler.

Can yank her out of a time before her death

Joni

From the blurb I don't see how they can sustain a multi-season series out of it.

It becomes Justice Society after the first season.

Time-traveler.

Can yank her out of a time before her death

Oh god, that's far too predictable and clinched, but it's better than the alternative.

How would that impact the universe though? If he saves her before she's killed, doesn't that drastically change events?

Sojgat

This sounds so awesome. Really does seem like an Avengers Forever type of setup (as predicted).

13 episodes seems a good length. Flash has been doing fine, but Arrow has really dragged.

Also, why did NotTheGuyYouKill get banned?

Xemnas89

NotTheGuyYouKill got got?

I guess he is the guy you kill after all.

Well I mean something like... grabbing her between season 2 and 3 of Arrow... she would still die, but picked her up in a time before her death and could return her.. and allow her to still die

Yep that would work perfectly. Obviously the show can use her for as long as it needs then just drop her back in the proper place so she can die.

tensuke

I hate time travel sometimes, makes things happening so irrelevant. Why care if someone dies when you know someone can just go back and save their ass?

why get delivery if you can just drive to the restaurant? ain't nobody got time to time travel all day, even if you have all the time in the world

ZeroX03

Banned

Looks like although Berlanti and Kreisberg developed the show, the day to day will be handled by Ali Adler. People really shouldn't be worried that everyone will be jumping ship.

He bumped an old topic for a stupid reason, but his avatar is still visible. I buy in to the theory that no avatar means permanent ban, even if the mods deny that.

That's not perma worthy, he'll be back and posting extra to make up for all the time he's missed.

GulAtiCa

Well I mean something like... grabbing her between season 2 and 3 of Arrow... she would still die, but picked her up in a time before her death and could return her.. and allow her to still die

Logically, that would tie up lose ends. But I rather it be post death or something, like if she was back for good, but something was wrong with her. Her as a new White Canary would be kinda awesome. Love to see her face off against Laurel in an episode.

Like this?

But with Felicity instead of Extant, and Caity instead of Terri :p.

On an offnote Atom Smasher would be awesome on this series.

Skux

Here's the formal logline: "When heroes alone are not enough ... the world needs legends. Having seen the future, one he will desperately try to prevent from happening, time-traveling rogue Rip Hunter is tasked with assembling a disparate group of both heroes and villains to confront an unstoppable threat — one in which not only is the planet at stake, but all of time itself. Can this ragtag team defeat an immortal threat unlike anything they have ever known?"

This actually sounds like a great way to make the show make sense. Very Avengers-esque.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom