• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow/Flash spin-off titled 'Legends of Tomorrow', 13 Episode Season to air midseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

GulAtiCa

Yeah, I wasn't that big of a fan of her Black Canary outfit, put to much focus on her chest. Always felt odd and forced. Which is why I like Laurel's costume better.

Wiktor

Usually Jan or Feb premier. iZombie was a midseason premier for example.

And for those that are enjoying it being 13 episodes, that doesn't mean future seasons will be that amount. We don't know their full plan yet, but if it's picked up as a full season, it could end up having a season 2 that is all 22/24/etc episodes long. Assuming this isn't a 1 thing event.
I would like them to do mix to be honest. Keep Arrow/Flash and maybe something else for 23 eps, then do few 13 eps shows.

DieH@rd

Banned
Very curious how they plan to retcon the whole Sara thing.

Why retcon? She died, but that is not a big problem in a comic book universes.

As for bringing her back, there is two possible solutions. Resurrection via Lazarus Pit or some time traveling shenanigans by Rip Hunter.

Joni

I like a mix between short and long shows, but one thing is clear: short shows have no time for heroes to actually make their city better. Look at how little time Daredevil spends beating up regular criminals. That is great for these high level superheroes like Thor who only show up when the Earth is at stake, but it would be weird for someone like The Flash cleaning up his city. That short stuff works for these 'event' type team-ups too, Justice League doesn't clear up streets or take down singular metahumans but they come together for the stuff that threatens the entire existence of the world.

Jag

Fffuuuuuu I can't wait for the Flash finale. I really want to see how they set this all up.

Definitely time travel. Barry's going to screw up everything. I'm guessing Arrow is going to be affected as well.

gazele

Banned
For those asking, mid-season is about halfway through the season

Like what abc did with agent carter

Probably January to March

And atoms visor is still horrible, why can't it just be full

Penguin

For those asking, mid-season is about halfway through the season

Like what abc did with agent carter

Probably January to March

And atoms visor is still horrible, why can't it just be full

I hope they do the same thing that ABC did w/ Agent Carter

Run this for I don't know 2-3 months and then the back half of Arrow/The Flash so we don't get random breaks!

As for bringing her back, there is two possible solutions. Resurrection via Lazarus Pit or some time traveling shenanigans by Rip Hunter.

There's also cloning, bringing in the multiverse, going to the underworld and making Nekron release her, Black Lantern, or some form of shape shifter wearing her face.

abundant

I hope they do the same thing that ABC did w/ Agent Carter

Run this for I don't know 2-3 months and then the back half of Arrow/The Flash so we don't get random breaks!

This is the best way to do this. The CW pulls in dismal (even for them) ratings on reruns, so the less of them, the better for the CW.

Honestly i wish the 13 episode order was the norm for channels like CW because 22-24 episodes absolutely kill the pacing in shows like Arrow and even Flash. As much i want more of Arrow/Flash i would rather have more condensed and focused stories.

Damn right, Flash and Arrow have used so much filler.

Soybean

Damn..I'm happy that's not the case. Arrow and Flash would loose so much of good stuff on petite 13 seasons.

Man do I disagree. It's no coincidence that the best shows out of this current golden age of television are on places like AMC, HBO and Netflix where 10-13 episode seasons are the norm. The writing is tighter, there's much less filler and you don't have to deal with mid-season breaks.

I can't think of any hour-long show I've watched with 20+ episodes per season that couldn't have been slimmed down.

Man do I disagree. It's no coincidence that the best shows out of this current golden age of television are on places like AMC, HBO and Netflix where 10-13 episode seasons are the norm. The writing is tighter, there's much less filler and you don't have to deal with mid-season breaks.

I can't think of any hour-long show I've watched with 20+ episodes per season that couldn't have been slimmed down.

I love the 13 episode model more and more these days. Tighter story telling.

Joni

It is funny to mention AMC and then telling you don't have to deal with mid-season breaks. On AMC we'd get 6 episode now and 7 episodes a year later.

There's another 10 or so episodes of Flash/Arrow before they need to set anything up for this.

And if the CW is smart, LoT as a mid-season replacement would do the same thing that Agent Carter does for SHIELD - prevent mass blocks of re-runs and gaps in broadcast...at least for one of the shows. Scheduling it in between could help.

I fuggin' hated how many damned breaks Arrow and Flash took this season.

Blader

^wow, had no idea they'd be filming already.

Spoilers on how Sara returns as White Canary:

She's brought back via Lazarus Pit

infi

First video of the show

https://www.facebook.com/CWLegendsofTomorrow

Kinda spoilerly showing some origins and stuff

OK, that looks awesome. The cheese of Ray and Captain Cold together will make this show worth watching.

That explained how Sara is brought back anyway.

Nice we get to see Hawkgirl fly.

How is Firestorm going to work in this? He's on fire so I assume both parts of him are there. Do they just not show the young half of him when he's not on fire?

The Time Master character didn't look that interesting but it's only a quick look at him so I'll reserve judgement.

More Ray! The dude has been awesome in Arrow even though his story arc has been shite.

I will say, if nothing else, that looks like a much better team up than SHIELD ever has been.

OXAfHX9.gif

just one thread, is that too much to ask for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom