• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

Booster Gold seems to fit the Traveler as said. However Booster Gold has been seen in live action. He showed up on Smallville in full costume in the final season.

The second one. Fire maybe!? Latina. "ignited"? After what they did with Flash and Firestorm I don't think she's out of the question as a possibility. She wouldn't be completely in flames of course.

I would say the last one would be Static if DC hadn't lost the rights to the Milestone characters. So perhaps a young Black Lightning because of the lack of access to Virgil/Static. Would rather have him in the films but okay.

Malvingt2

Booster Gold seems to fit the Traveler as said. However Booster Gold has been seen in live action. He showed up on Smallville in full costume in the final season.

The second one. Fire maybe!? Latina. "ignited"? After what they did with Flash and Firestorm I don't think she's out of the question as a possibility. She wouldn't be completely in flames of course.

I would say the last one would be Static if DC hadn't lost the rights to the Milestone characters. So perhaps a young Black Lightning because of the lack of access to Virgil/Static. Would rather have him in the films but okay.

Could be.... Brazilian model + CW... fits well :D

Shaanyboi

Banned

Instantly reminded me of a previous live-action DC effort...
Justice_League_of_America.JPG

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I also think Green Lantern on a TV budget is pretty impractical. Every single one of his abilities would require CG.

Even the Flash can have some easy/more practical effects.

Penguin

Someone, somewhere else mentioned that if its Rip or I guess even Booster... time travel could be how they bring Sara back

Skux

Would love to see them do justice to Booster Gold on a TV series. I think technology has reached a point where effects-heavy superhero shows like The Flash have become viable on TV budgets.

Chariot

That last one sounds like the most black hero ever.

Though I think saying that makes me racist.

He sounds like Falcon.
lmao.
I just searched for other black heroes, but instead I found a story where Louis Lane had Superman make her black so she could investigate Harlem, because all the black people there irrationally hate white people.

sjagHS8.jpg

Srsly xD

Makonero

Hopefully they use Booster's characterization from his series post-52 (not New 52). I like some of the Super Buddies stuff, but my favorite rendition of Booster is when he's actually on an important mission and has to play the buffoon because otherwise time travelers will kill him in his crib.

E the Shaggy

lmao.
I just searched for other black heroes, but instead I found a story where Louis Lane had Superman make her black so she could investigate Harlem, because all the black people there irrationally hate white people.

sjagHS8.jpg

Srsly xD

Holy shit, I knew about that storyline but had no idea that Lois had done so in order to pull the race card if Superman said no to marriage!

Wag

Well, Vixen is in the animated show CW is doing and it's an official part of the Arrowverse, so it's possible she'll be in the spinoff.

TheOddOne

- HitFix: Greg Berlanti compares 'Arrow'/'Flash' spinoff to 'The Magnificent Seven'.
Still, the possibility still exists that the "Flash"/"Arrow" spinoff could be running simultaneous to "Flash" and "Arrow," rather than existing as an "Agent Carter"-style bridge between half-seasons.

"I think ultimately they would all exist at the same time, probably in the midseason of next year," he teases.

Berlanti promises that each of the three shows will be distinctive.

"The team-up show honors the spirit of things like those Westerns like 'The Magnificent Seven' or those team-ups in the books, when it really, it takes a village," he says.

As we've established, Berlanti notes, "There's a couple characters being plucked form each and then some new characters being brought in," but he adds that the producers have a sense of how to keep the original shows from losing their distinctiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom