• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim1138

I hope they use the Earth 2 Hawkgirl look.

2376056-hawkgirl.png

Pachimari

I know none of these characters. And only know Captain Cold (hate his acting), Atom and Fireguy from Arrow and Flash.

It's hard being hyped, but I'm looking forward to it.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I hope they use the Earth 2 Hawkgirl look.

2376056-hawkgirl.png

I hope so. It's a badass look.

I really wonder how they'll approach her. I can't imagine she'll actually be a Thanegarian, as the show has yet to involve aliens at all and we still don't know if Supergirl is in-universe with this or not.

If she is an alien, I wouldn't be surprised if they act like Shierra Hall is her alien name and Kendra is her human name.

Effect

Just reposting what I said in the other thread.

I always wanted them to do more with Hawkgirl. She was one of my favorites on the Justice League cartoon (like her a LOT more then Wonder Woman to honest) and even collected her comic for a bit. I hope the actress is good.

I hope this doesn't hurt her chances for the films. I so want Hawkman and Hawkwoman/girl in the movies. Especially if it leads to adding Thanagar to the DCCU. On that note give TV the re-incarnated versions. I'll willing to take the space cop Thanagarians for the films.

MartyStu

Boss. I love Kendra.

Just reposting what I said in the other thread.

I always wanted them to do more with Hawkgirl. She was one of my favorites on the Justice League cartoon (like her a LOT more then Wonder Woman to honest) and even collected her comic for a bit. I hope the actress is good.

I hope this doesn't hurt her chances for the films. I so want Hawkman and Hawkwoman/girl in the movies. Especially if it leads to adding Thanagar to the DCCU. On that note give TV the re-incarnated versions. I'll willing to the space cop Thanagarians for the films.

Her race suggests Earth-2 Hawkgirl. By no means a confirmation though.

I'm really perplexed but why this show will actually be about. From the looks of it, they're assembling characters in the DC universe who are normally never associated as a team together: Atom, Captain Cold, Hawkgirl, Rip Hunter, and possibly Black Canary along with Firestorm? I don't see this as a potential Justice League or Justice Society. What enemies would they even tackle? Common criminals? Metahumans? Occult powers?

Azazzel

I'm really perplexed but why this show will actually be about. From the looks of it, they're assembling characters in the DC universe who are normally never associated as a team together: Atom, Captain Cold, Hawkgirl, Rip Hunter, and possibly Black Canary along with Firestorm? I don't see this as a potential Justice League or Justice Society. What enemies would they even tackle? Common criminals? Metahumans? Occult powers?

Probably both? I don't know. I think this show has some great potential because everything is "new" and they can develop many stories and plots that your regular comic book wouldn't have.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Ciara Renee has a killer voice, especially for someone so young. It sucks that this may take her away from doing Hunchback on Broadway.

tim1138

Welp, I called the Rip Hunter bit, time travel shenanigans it is!

I'm guessing Rip will pull Sarah from the past, hence bringing Caity Lotz back.

a916

I really don't get this... this is too much dilution to be honest...

Flash succeeds because his Rogues gallery is deep.

Arrow succeeds (but stumbles here and there) because it's stealing almost every non iconic baddie from Batman.

They are going to exhaust their villians.

Welp, I called the Rip Hunter bit, time travel shenanigans it is!

I'm guessing Rip will pull Sarah from the past, hence bringing Caity Lotz back.
That's what I was thinking.

It could also explain all of the different casting announcements (recruiting heroes throughout time to solve an ongoing mystery).

Joni

Maybe Captain Cold and Heatwave get the real rogues going in a giant caper. They're not doing it in Central because of Barry's warning so another set of heroes need to stop them.

This show has got so much potential. Hope they pull it off. They've integrated sci fi and pulp, but with Hawkgirl, they're gonna have to go full on fantasy, right?

Has anyone thought this might have to do with what they've been building up to in The Flash?
Flashpoint as a whole. Imagine something after Flashpoint happens in Season 2, and having Rip Hunter appear as a result of the event? Like, Flashpoint happening/being reversed causes Hunter to travel back in time to solve a mystery.

infi

Well they did one of two things that could put me off this show. I hated him Dr Who.

I'm curious, what's the other thing they could do?

I'm not sure what to think about this show yet and don't know most of these characters so I'll reserve judgement till I see more.

Regarding Hawkgirl, I would expect it's hard to make wings look good in action for a TV show with the time and budgetary constraints that this'll have but The Flash has surprised me with its effects so hopefully this will too.

Dynomutt

I hope the don't get cocky and make too many spin-offs and get corny. The Arrow and Flash a great don't want to over saturate. The Atom is not bad but he reminds me of a cheap Iron Man I just cant help it.

• [*]Also how are they going to separate Ronnie and Martin for Firestorm?

[*]Will Jason Rausch play a part in Firestorm?

[*]How will they bring Sara back(i.e. Lazarus/Flash time disruption)?

[*]What identity with Sara claim (Maybe Shiva?)?

[*]What will be Hawk Girl's back story spiritual or alien?

[*]Will Nth metal play a part with Hawk Girl?

DieH@rd

Banned
Well, now they've got Rip Hunter, who's next?

I'm in the boat of thinking events from The Flash will have something to do with this spin off.

WedgeX

Banned
Well, now they've got Rip Hunter, who's next?

I'm in the boat of thinking events from The Flash will have something to do with this spin off.

Hoping Waverider at some point. And Damage would be awesome. Really, more Zero Hour and Crisis on Infinite Earth heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom