• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilvin

Well, I said in the Flash thread that I'd like a Firestorm Spinoff show so I guess my wish has sort of come true.

Hystzen

So if it Sara back that means season 3 of Arrow was totally pointless. The murder mystery of her death has been the main plot with random shit thrown around. The shitest season just got shitter

Dunlop

The comic nerd in me is happy, but with networks going into overdrive creating superhero shows I can't help but feel people will burnout on the genre and eventually they will all be scrapped

Penguin

The comic nerd in me is happy, but with networks going into overdrive creating superhero shows I can't help but feel people will burnout on the genre and eventually they will all be scrapped

I mean, I don't think burn out, they will cycle through

I mean doesn't look like Constantine and Carter will survive this season for example.

Makonero

Three DC characters who have never showed up in live action? Smallville did a whole bunch, including JSA characters, so who does that leave?

Black Lightning and Blue Devil! :p

But seriously, it would be great to see some of the more obscure characters. Mera would be fantastic. Zatanna would fill out the quota for the three kinds of superheroes (sci fi, pulp, and fantasy). And maybe Animal Man? That would be a fun choice and would tie in with Vixen nicely.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It would be pretty great if they could get the budget to do a proper anthology series. Tales from the Arrowverse, where each week is a self-contained story.

Wag

I actually hope Ralph Dibny (Elongated Man) shows up. They already mentioned him in Flash. Metamorpho would be great too (Simon Stag existed, so that's a possibility).

The help all are you guys talking about Arrow is already back to form.

People exaggerate a bit, the show isn't a strong as season 2 was, but season 2 was a pretty high bar. People seem to forget how mediocre season 1 was. I've enjoyed the flash/arrow cross over eps and all the episodes that deal with the main season story.

So instead of giving everyone a spinoff, this will kill 5 birds with one stone.

Yeah, I think this is the best solution. I haven't seen enough to be convinced firestorm or atom could carry their own show, but a team show makes way more sense.

Dysun

It would be pretty great if they could get the budget to do a proper anthology series. Tales from the Arrowverse, where each week is a self-contained story.
If it wasn't for that team up comment, I would have thought this was exactly that. Seems like such an odd group of characters especially with one being a villain and the other outright dead and buried.

Wiktor

She also has the best chemistry with Amell of any of the love interests, funnily enough.

Yep. Which makes sense. The character Amelll is playing is pretty damaged psychically. Huntress is crazy, so he works very well with her. Heck, he even had great chemistry with Cupid.

In ideal world the only romance Oliver would have would be with insane woman who fuck up his life. Now that's Arrow romance I can get behind.

DieH@rd

Banned
I fully support this new Arrowverse show. :)

CW needs to air something in the summer season break, and this sounds great [although I would rather get Suicide Squad show with Diggle as leader].

Vengrim

I was just thinking last week that with all the quality sub characters in Arrow and Flash that CW's best bet would be some kind of ensemble/teamup show. They can't really keep taking up prime time real estate with more superhero shows but they could do one that focused on a rotating cast or limited arc type stuff.

I'll take this though, close enough.

DieH@rd

Banned
I think they just like Caity Lotz a lot, and will probably have her play a different character?

We are in the middle of the interesting storyline with Ra's [especially the last episode, where Ra's unveiled his plans]. There is a chance that she can be brought back to life, for nothing else as the bait [or gift] for Oliver.

DieH@rd

Banned
i would shit my pants, literally, if they somehow brought back Tom Welling as Superman.

ibkThuvWWkhWtr.gif

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
We are in the middle of the interesting storyline with Ra's [especially the last episode, where Ra's unveiled his plans]. There is a chance that she can be brought back to life, for nothing else as the bait [or gift] for Oliver.

True. You could use Sara as a) penance to Nyssa and b) an "incentive" for Oliver.

Nori Chan

really they're going to bring the pit for that

god damn it

Wiktor

Man this superhero craze is like a virus, slowing spreading its tentacles over every inch of free media space. Is Amazon doing superhero shows yet? I'm surprised HBO hasn't done a big tentpole superhero show for mature audiences.

Yeah, especially since WB and HBO are part of the same company.

Come on HBO...
Books_of_Magic_Vol_2_25.jpg

You know you want to...

YES, I have to say that the CW's super hero shows are the best super hero shows. I am perfectly fine with them adding another to my viewing list.

Card Boy

Banned
This makes me happy. I have faith after The Flash turned out to be good and Gotham turned out great.

More Cisco and Ray Palmer is a good thing.

Chariot

If the part three major characters aren't all heroes, I predict Vandal Savage for antagonist.
Savage would be cool. I think he will appear in any case. I also want someone to remember General Immortus and then have those two and Ra's Al Ghul meet for the ultimate Geezer team-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom