• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW

Status
Not open for further replies.

abundant

a 13 episode June - August run would be good.

Not enough good summer shows.

They could do what ABC did with SHIELD and Agent Carter, air the first half of an Arrow/Flash season, take a break and show a 8-13 episode spin off, then when that is over, show the rest of the Arrow/Flash season.

This is the best way for the CW to do this, because their reruns bring in extremely low numbers.

They could do what ABC did with SHIELD and Agent Carter, air the first half of an Arrow/Flash season, take a break and show a 8-13 episode spin off, then when that is over, show the rest of the Arrow/Flash season.

This is the best way for the CW to do this, because their reruns bring in extremely low numbers.

I'm hoping that ABC will do again what ABC did with Agent Carter for next season.
I wouldn't mind if The CW followed suit legitimized the approach, especially if they find a way to mid-season finale right into the new show, and then season finale that right back into Arrow/Flash 2nd half

Okay, with who they have announced involved with that spinoff I was thinking it was going to be each character getting their own stories for a couple episodes or more depending on whether its a 12-16 episode thing or a full 23 episodes. Guess not, I'm curious seeing that's a lot of unconnected characters, never mind a couple that have other issues unless at least some of it takes place before The Flash or Arrow's third season.

Penguin

I wonder if would ever consider an event series

Like the old Batman show

Air during the Flash/Arrow hiatus, part 1 Tues, part 2 Wedn for a few weeks

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
THE CW brought back everyshow from this fall. The most likely of them to get canceled for the 2016-2017 season is probably reign.

Honestly where do you fit this show in?

Originals and Jane the virgin are mondays. both great shows

Flash and Supernatural are tuesdays. flash is awesome and supernatural fans are so loyal

wednesdays arrow and the 100. The 100 is probably only doing 16 episodes again so I guess it could work at a miniseries?

Thursday is vamp and reign

obviously no good show airs on friday. Friday is for shows that are cancelling.

Btw Izombie is apparently really good and I hope gets picked up for season 2.

the CW line up so far is perfect. Unless season 7 of vamp diaries is the last or is a 13 episode season and whoever still wants to be their characters could go to the originals

Joni

THE CW brought back everyshow from this fall. The most likely of them to get canceled for the 2016-2017 season is probably reign.
Reign is one of the very few shows produced by CBS together with Beauty and the Beast and Jane the Virgin. And The Messengers, but we can't count that one. The chance is high they'll double up shows, that not everything is 23 episodes, ...

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Reign is one of the very few shows produced by CBS together with Beauty and the Beast and Jane the Virgin. And The Messengers, but we can't count that one. The chance is high they'll double up shows, that not everything is 23 episodes, ...

what currently airs on the CW are all 22-23 episodes though except the 100.

The only one I can see being 13-16 like the 100 is the vampire diaries if they decide to make season 7 its final season.

The point is the CW has its shows set and it's hard to add in a 3rd show. I feel like there is something in the contract stating flash or arrow can't be canceled unless both are canceled or if one is cancelled the actors must move to the other show that survives. I feel like this is the case with TVD/The Originals where it could work so easily

I'm talking Monday-Thursday here. What even airs on friday on the CW? I know hart of dixie does but thats ending in 2 weeks

Joni

what currently airs on the CW are all 22-23 episodes though except the 100.

The only one I can see being 13-16 like the 100 is the vampire diaries if they decide to make season 7 its final season.

The point is the CW has its shows set and it's hard to add in a 3rd show. I feel like there is something in the contract stating flash or arrow can't be canceled unless both are canceled or if one is cancelled the actors must move to the other show that survives. I feel like this is the case with TVD/The Originals where it could work so easily

I'm talking Monday-Thursday here. What even airs on friday on the CW? I know hart of dixie does but thats ending in 2 weeks
Hart of Dixie is actually not confirmed to end. It can still return.
iZombie, The Messengers and Beauty and the Beast will only be 13 episodes.
We don't know the details of any of the renewed shows, so they could have been reduced.
They have their shows set over 36 weeks with the possibility of extending into summer, cleaning up reruns and just taking on Fridays. Beauty, Reign, Hart of Dixie or even Supernatural could be there. 3rd Arrowverse show could be like Agent Carter.

Honestly where do you fit this show in?

Originals and Jane the virgin are mondays. both great shows

Flash and Supernatural are tuesdays. flash is awesome and supernatural fans are so loyal

wednesdays arrow and the 100. The 100 is probably only doing 16 episodes again so I guess it could work at a miniseries?

Thursday is vamp and reign

obviously no good show airs on friday. Friday is for shows that are cancelling.

Btw Izombie is apparently really good and I hope gets picked up for season 2.

the CW line up so far is perfect. Unless season 7 of vamp diaries is the last or is a 13 episode season and whoever still wants to be their characters could go to the originals

Depends on if it gets a 12-16 run or a full season, could air during the Flash and/or Arrow's downtime be it either giving Arrow/Flash a longer winter break or during the summer next year. There's almost no way it's premiering in the Fall unless the CW is expanding to another night.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
I just assumed Hart of Dixie was going to end this season.

Wait beauty and the beast didn't get canceled yet? I assumed this year was its last year. CW is tricky since summer TV series are hard to do on basic cable unless its an established thing. Which is why on basic cable abc/nbc/fox/cbs its reruns or terrible dancing shows or one of the 5 gordon ramsy cooking shows that seem to air on fox now.

24 was awesome though , was assuming the 13 episode mini series thing for the summer was gonna be the norm. But the 6 week gap or whatever is the only thing that makes sense or the summer also makes sense.

People exaggerate a bit, the show isn't a strong as season 2 was, but season 2 was a pretty high bar. People seem to forget how mediocre season 1 was. I've enjoyed the flash/arrow cross over eps and all the episodes that deal with the main season story.
Nope, for me this season is worse than the absolute worst of season 1.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
thats sad to read.

but thw cw has the originalss maybe they just want the franchise you can end vampire diaries and keep the originals and make it 1 supershow again

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
supernatural is on season what 12 come next year?

the fact vampire diaries hasn't been sold for syndication rights with over 100 episodes is sad and odd

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
no way green latern CGI is ever going to work on TV or movie. Shit is too complicated.

ATOM right now looks like a poor mans Iron Man

chronos86

He's probably including the other shows as well like Gotham, AoS, Agent Carter, and the Netflix shows.

Yeah i thought he probably was but still other then the comic connection none of them are really like each other at all.

I say bring em on some will work some wont.

Joni

the fact vampire diaries hasn't been sold for syndication rights with over 100 episodes is sad and odd
Or The CW is seeing more money from alternate income sources.
(The CW doesn't do much syndication because they don't do procedurals: http://deadline.com/2011/10/the-coming-of-digital-age-of-the-cw-188697/ )

All two of them? And mabye a couple more next season.
Current: Arrow, The Flash, Constantine, Gotham, Agent Carter, Agents of Shield
Coming soon: Daredevil, iZombie
Next season: Jessica Jones, Supergirl, Titans, Vixen, Arrowverse Season 3, ...
Somewhere: Booster Gold, Preacher, ...

Penguin

Some details on the 3 additional heroes

“THE TRAVELER” | Described as a “Han Solo-esque rogue who gets by with his charm, this hero hails from the future, and has journeyed back in time on a secret mission. His razor-sharp wit hides the pain of a man who has lived through serious conflict. He also harbors many secrets, always leaving both his teammates and the audience unsure of his true allegiances.

“FEMALE WARRIOR” | Arrow_Flash_Spinoff_FuryThis twentysomething Latina is pretty but unassuming, book smart and socially awkward by day. But by night, when she hears the cry of battle, her fury is ignited and she becomes a fierce warrior — so much so, that sometimes she can become a threat to others.

“MYSTERY HERO” | Arr0w_Flash_Spinoff-StaticAn African-American male in his twenties will fill the role of a regular, street smart guy who unexpectedly gains powers, and then, as part of the team, regularly quips about the insanity of the situations.

http://tvline.com/2015/03/08/arrow-flash-spinoff-series-cast-rip-hunter-fury/

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Booster Gold is a strong candidate for the Traveler.

That website's guess of Static is pretty bad though, considering DC no longer has the license.

Booster, a Barda-like, and a new hero is what it sounds like.

I'd love a Barda if she had amnesia and lead into a New Gods storyline. Sounds ambitious for CWverse though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom