• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Pachimari

Does Wild Dog use real live rounds in those pistols or what? He never seems hit anyone. And would Ollie be alright with him using lethal rounds?

Dig definitely uses tranq darts, but I think Wild Dog is using live rounds. Best case scenario, he's using rubber bullets.

Wild Dog does hit his target a lot, but from now on I'll pretend it's rubber bullets, cause it's so out of character that Oliver isn't against it all of those people Wild Dog would be killing if they were live rounds.

I like to think they were love rounds (and even if not, Dinah was certainly just using a real gun). It makes Ollie's speech about how they can help her and nobody had to die even more absurd, since they aced like 15 guys a few minutes later.

timberger

I'm still catching up a little with this, but it's starting to feel a little too obvious that Prometheus and Vigilante are going to turn out to be that female journalist(?) Ollie was hanging around with for whatever reason and the DA guy. Probably they'll be Dolph's kids or something.

Xenoboy

Next episode question - spoilers

Next episode looks interesting, I have hoped to see Anatoly in modern day again, I hope it ends with him not dying. I love that guy.

GulAtiCa

Think it's funny people still trying to guess Vigilante identify, when it was known pre-season via the person's acting call/description. Lol

Joni

I like to think they were love rounds (and even if not, Dinah was certainly just using a real gun). It makes Ollie's speech about how they can help her and nobody had to die even more absurd, since they aced like 15 guys a few minutes later.

Well, they didn't need to die if she had allowed them to help at that point. Not when he came up with an army.

chanelgiftdsb8f.gif

what...what is this?

MartyStu

So I have seen only two episodes so far this season: 8 and 11. Going back and watching from scratch has been such a pleasure.

Pachimari

I just hate it how he needs a stupid team. I mean they got that on Supergirl and The Flash. I wish they would shake up the formular and let Green Arrow go out on cool solo missions. The new team sucks anyway, but thankfully we got a competent new Black Canary, so hopefully she can lift the show a bit.

But honestly I can remember much from past seasons. Season 4 was Damien Dhark, and was Season 3 the whole Merlyn thing? And Season 2 was Ra's al Ghul?

I just hate it how he needs a stupid team. I mean they got that on Supergirl and The Flash. I wish they would shake up the formular and let Green Arrow go out on cool solo missions. The new team sucks anyway, but thankfully we got a competent new Black Canary, so hopefully she can lift the show a bit.

But honestly I can remember much from past seasons. Season 4 was Damien Dhark, and was Season 3 the whole Merlyn thing? And Season 2 was Ra's al Ghul?

Um Arrow had a team first, Supegirl is the one with a pointless team.
Honestly I wouldn't have even started this season if it was solo Oliver.

4 = Dhark
3 = Ra's
2 = Slade
1 = Merlyn

MartyStu

Um Arrow had a team first, Supegirl is the one with a pointless team.
Honestly I wouldn't have even started this season if it was solo Oliver.

4 = Dhark
3 = Ra's
2 = Slade
1 = Merlyn

Agreed.

Team Supergirl really did not need to exist until season 3 or 4. The presence of so many character has really stunted the show.

At the very least Wynn and James should have been the same character. Unless Wynn turns out to be Braniac 5, then all is forgiven.

Pachimari

I didn't like the actor who played Roy in prior seasons but I would love it if Wild Dog made similar moves to him, and was a big more "wild" in the field than just running and gunning. And I don't even know what Mr Terrific is supposed to do other than just brawling. But as of this week's episode the show has started to grow a bit on me again. I think I've just lost it, since I don't know what Vigilante and Prometheus is up to, and thus I don't care about them.

[edit] I forgot Ragman. He's a great addition. I just want the writers to make the team do more.

Agreed.

Team Supergirl really did not need to exist until season 3 or 4. The presence of so many character has really stunted the show.

At the very least Wynn and James should have been the same character. Unless Wynn turns out to be Braniac 5, then all is forgiven.

Supegirl gets Martian Manjobber because that was a decent pick and brought me in after quickly dropping the show.
But Alex was initially unnecessary, James is completely unnecessary and Wynn is somehow less interesting than Felicity.
just fuck their Miss Martian all together.

Both Arrow teams I liked but the first just didn't feel as real of a team as this group.

MartyStu

Season 5 Episode 1 - 5

Pretty good so far.

Has anyone considered the possibility that Prometheus is somehow Oliver's Father? The renewed interest on the book points it to being the proverbial fire.

Joni

Supegirl gets Martian Manjobber because that was a decent pick and brought me in after quickly dropping the show.
But Alex was initially unnecessary, James is completely unnecessary and Wynn is somehow less interesting than Felicity.
just fuck their Miss Martian all together.

Both Arrow teams I liked but the first just didn't feel as real of a team as this group.
Alex isn't really a fighter anymore, she turned into the brain. And miss Martian isn't even on the team.

Season 5 Episode 1 - 5

Pretty good so far.

Has anyone considered the possibility that Prometheus is somehow Oliver's Father? The renewed interest on the book points it to being the proverbial fire.

I had hopes early on that maybe he was like Earth 2 Robert Queen or something but that would just be super weird even though it could explain his somewhat protectiveness of Oliver a bit beyond wanting him to suffer and keep him for himself or whatever.

Wild Dog is my favorite part of the show now. Every one of his lines is gold. I really want to like Curtis as Mister Terrific but his costume is so so bad and I don't think he's had an effective fight scene since he was introduced. He might be better used as a foil to Felicity.

Curtis either needs a haircut or they need to show or mention him having invented a device that braids his hair within seconds or else I'm just going to keep on thinking that everyone waits around for while he gets ready.

Skux

Really happy with the return episode. I liked that they played with the memory of "our" Laurel and used it to fuel Oliver's character development.

And damn, coming in from Supergirl, this show is just heavy. You can feel the weight of five seasons of history between the characters.

Damn rewatching Season One. So great watching Malcom owing Ollie.

Strange season one had a Police Comissiiner and a Police Chief. Yet I don't recall them after that.

ZeroX03

Banned
Miss Martian is kind of a nothing character with a dour backstory. She's guilty and that's it. It would've been so much better if she was younger and Kara was training her, instead we get a love interest for J'onn and Mon El who sucks as a super hero and romantic foil. He's great for comedy at least.

YJ's M'gann and Kara would've been a great combo. S1 YJ obviously.

Black Siren? She's being held in a special facility near the city. She's basically back in jail

Feels like Prometheus could find and break her out easily at any time. Then again, I suppose it's not hard to have better security than STAR Labs.

The best part about Prometheus is that he's one step ahead and so personal with Oliver. He's maybe be the least intimidating in combat (seems about Merlyn level?) but still really scary because he has knowledge and prep time.

Feels like Prometheus could find and break her out easily at any time. Then again, I suppose it's not hard to have better security than STAR Labs.

The best part about Prometheus is that he's one step ahead and so personal with Oliver. He's maybe be the least intimidating in combat (seems about Merlyn level?) but still really scary because he has knowledge and prep time.

Prometheus is like Merlyn had he known Oliver's secret the second he put on the Hood. He(or she) is prepared for everything. Tranquil darts? Built up immunity. Hand to hand combat? Trained with one of Oliver's teachers. Has a team of recruits? Has a mole on the inside.

carlsojo

Prometheus is like Merlyn had he known Oliver's secret the second he put on the Hood. He(or she) is prepared for everything. Tranquil darts? Built up immunity. Hand to hand combat? Trained with one of Oliver's teachers. Has a team of recruits? Has a mole on the inside.

*Knowledge of how to break into and out of STAR Labs with them not even knowing Siren was gone. (Though to be honest this isn't much of an achievement. Like were they not feeding her or something and they never checked on her?)

*Knowledge of time travel, the Legends, and Sara.

*Has access to/ability to copy Lyla's voice.

ZeroX03

Banned
The streak continues tonight!

#5.12 "Bratva"
Episode Promo
OLVIER RETURNS TO RUSSIA - A mission takes Oliver (Stephen Amell), Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and team to Russia where they meet up with Oliver's old friend, Anatoly (guest star David Nykl). Meanwhile, fresh out of rehab, Lance (Paul Blackthorne) returns to the mayor's office ready to get back to work. However, when Prometheus (guest star Carly Pope) asks for an interview with Lance to discuss his addiction, he balks and it's up to Rene (guest star Rick Gonzalez) to help keep things on track. Ben Bray directed the episode written by Oscar Balderrama & Emilio Ortega Aldrich (#512).
arrow-bratva-4-230416.jpg

Top Bottom