• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Great episode. Possibly the most meaningful episode that Arrow has ever done. I liked that the different perspectives were fleshed out by experiences - mainly Wild Dog's. People don't just suddenly take a stance on political issues. They are often directly linked to personal experiences, values, and upbringing. And this episode did a great job in showing there are people behind all the loud voices on the news, who have their own reasons for what they believe.

- Mayor Queen, stepping up

- Thea is back and as sassy as ever

- Dinah and Diggle have way too damn much chemistry

- Wild Dog: Origins

Yup - I was like "Uh oh, what's Diggle's wife's name again???" They definitely need a chaperone.

Yup - I was like "Uh oh, what's Diggle's wife's name again???" They definitely need a chaperone.

LOL, I felt the same. Diggle better watch it or Lyla will come in with an assault squad!

I was so glad that Wild Dog was not shot. it felt like it was headed that way. Refreshing to have a flashback that was not Ollie based.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Haha, I was uncomfortable during all their scenes together cause the chemistry was too good. Your wife is the director of a secret government special ops division...she WILL find out. Curtis better sit between them and crack jokes next time.

ZeroX03

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if Willa gets one of those Arrowverse deals next year, with an initial string of episodes then one or two appearances later in the season.

Or send her over to Legends where she has to fight her Dad through time.

Those deals kind of ended up being nothing. They didn't seem to lock any of the actors into a specific number of episodes. Wentworth and Katie have barely shown up. Barrowman has consistently been on Legends but was basically a cameo in Arrow.

tim1138

Those deals kind of ended up being nothing. They didn't seem to lock any of the actors into a specific number of episodes. Wentworth and Katie have barely shown up. Barrowman has consistently been on Legends but was basically a cameo in Arrow.

Arrow is much more enjoyable without Malcolm constantly showing up.

Thea needs to go to school, return and bring back/revive Queen Industries/Consolidated because fuckall Oliver cares about his family's company and his dumbass losing it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Yeah, how little she'd theoretically be on the show is why I thought of it actually.

Get her for 2 or 3 episodes early on and then a random episode or two later in the season.

Only Barrowman has been used extensively so far, being on a good number of Legends and apparently being a part of the Flash's musical episode coming up.

Only Barrowman has been used extensively so far, being on a good number of Legends and apparently being a part of the Flash's musical episode coming up.

He was also on the 100th episode of Arrow.

Miller got a flashback sequence on Flash and a couple of hallucination appearances on Legends.

Shipp has only had 2 appearances on Flash and Cassidy had 3 on Arrow.

ZeroX03

Banned
He was also on the 100th episode of Arrow.

Miller got a flashback sequence on Flash and a couple of hallucination appearances on Legends.

Shipp has only had 2 appearances on Flash and Cassidy had 3 on Arrow.

Shipp didn't get the universe regular deal. That was bogus. Bleeding Cool whiffed hard on DC TV rumors and admitted as such.

Was it just me or did the show make it seem like Wild Dog indirectly was the reason she was shot?

Not really on him,
The daughter coming in is what fucked it up.
Wild Dog gets shot before he even has the safe open and the dude comes to the closet to finish him.

Not much else he could have done, if he was just going for money in the safe for example he would be dead.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Great episode. Possibly the most meaningful episode that Arrow has ever done. I liked that the different perspectives were fleshed out by experiences - mainly Wild Dog's. People don't just suddenly take a stance on political issues. They are often directly linked to personal experiences, values, and upbringing. And this episode did a great job in showing there are people behind all the loud voices on the news, who have their own reasons for what they believe.

- Mayor Queen, stepping up

- Thea is back and as sassy as ever

- Dinah and Diggle have way too damn much chemistry

- Wild Dog: Origins

agreed 100%

it's crazy how much i love Arrow this season

all the new guys are great, and Wild Dog has really come into his own

Rick-Gonzalez-as-Wild-Dog-in-Arrow.jpg

Skux

Can't believe it took me this long to figure out he got the name from an ice hockey team. I guess that's what origin stories are for.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Before the season started, I remember thinking Wild Dog's costume looked kinda cheap. But now I actually think it's badass. The simplicity is what sells it. Plus, that's realistically the type of outfit you'd see from a street vigilante.

Before the season started, I remember thinking Wild Dog's costume looked kinda cheap. But now I actually think it's badass. The simplicity is what sells it. Plus, that's realistically the type of outfit you'd see from a street vigilante.
Also, it actually covers his face.

Team Arrow could learn a lot from that guy.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Also, it actually covers his face.

Team Arrow could learn a lot from that guy.

i remember one scene from a couple weeks ago where a new person shows up and he immediately turns around and puts his mask on

like... he's the only person who gives a shit about his identity

Yup, it sells what he is very well and isn't high-tech or leather like every other costume besides Supergirl's

Sober

Not really on him,
The daughter coming in is what fucked it up.
Wild Dog gets shot before he even has the safe open and the dude comes to the closet to finish him.

Not much else he could have done, if he was just going for money in the safe for example he would be dead.
Remember he wanted to carry before he left home. He probably thinks if he had it on him when he got home he could've stopped the drug dealer without anyone else getting harmed.

Remember he wanted to carry before he left home. He probably thinks if he had it on him when he got home he could've stopped the drug dealer without anyone else getting harmed.

Yeah thats what I mean.

He is confident in his skill that he would have gotten the drop on him if he had his gun.

But as is none of it is on him.

morningbus

Wait, when did they catch China White?

Also, who is the black girl again?

China White has been in jail since season 2 (though she did play a role in season 3's flashbacks).

And the other one is Lady Cop. Who is a lady that was a crooked cop from season 4. She was a somewhat minor villain in her episode.

That's been the point since his first appearance.

coverissue1.jpg

Mario007

Best Arrowverse show currently and best arrow has been since midS2(if not better than ever)

We've had 13 episodes without one sucking. This is actually even better than S2 on average I would say. We just haven't reached the highs of S2 since Prometheus' arc was only really in our faces for 3 episodes this season.

We've had 13 episodes without one sucking. This is actually even better than S2 on average I would say. We just haven't reached the highs of S2 since Prometheus' arc was only really in our faces for 3 episodes this season.

The highest high of S2 was the episode Deathstroke which actually involved very little Deathstroke action and focused on Slade Wilson just fucking with Oliver and his friends' minds. Prometheus has already shown himself to be a great manipulator in the mid-season finale. I imagine we could easily get an episode matching Deathstroke.

morningbus

Prometheus should fuck with Oliver and this thread by trying to convince him and us that he's really Tommy.

Like dig up the body. Put the DNA somewhere.

The only reason im giving a nod to S2 is the episodes with Barry's introduction is still the series highpoint for me.
Oliver getting his ass kicked by a superpowered proto-Grundy out of nowhere followed by Barry's origin in the following episode.

The hype was real.
arrow11iaql9.gif

barry4g4ufn.gif

I never expected something based on superheroes to be that good on live action tv at the time.

Kimawolf

Still can't believe there is a GL that needs a gun...

Yeah seems... insane and very 90s comics to me. Whatever reason he has is dumb when he has a power ring.

And i enjoyed that episode of Arrow, the gun debate got kinda preachy but I am glad they didn't gloss over what happened with his family. I am also glad neither man changed their mind and it was only wa-wa Felicity who was all like "come on guys, stop arguing! It's uncomfortable!"

Sephzilla

I'm so incredibly happy that the episode tried to show that you can have gun control regulations that still don't step on the freedoms of owning a firearm.

The only reason im giving a nod to S2 is the episodes with Barry's introduction is still the series highpoint for me.
Oliver getting his ass kicked by a superpowered proto-Grundy out of nowhere followed by Barry's origin in the following episode.

The hype was real.
arrow11iaql9.gif

barry4g4ufn.gif

I never expected something based on superheroes to be that good on live action tv at the time.

Yeah, I have to say that given how incredibly grounded and Nolan-esque the first season of Arrow was - suddenly seeing Oliver get his ass handed to him by a metahuman* in season 2 felt like game-changing hype. They really did do a solid job of integrating metas into the Arrowverse.

* - Technically it wasn't a proper metahuman but an enhanced individual because Mirakuru but whatever.

While i have been enjoying this season and think its a big step up from last season which sadly lost my interest so much that i never bothered to watch the finale, seeing people mention season 2 just makes me sad that Arrow will probably never be that good again.

Nearly every episode of S2 felt like a season finale, so much stuff happened and also caught you off guard.

One of the best moments was Slade fucking team Arrows shit up all episode only to decide right at the last minute 'You know what, he deserves more' so he just strolls off to Laurel and reveals Olivers true identity and then pimp walks off like the G he was.

S2 Arrow is one of the best TV seasons period, so engaging and kept you on the edge of your seat throughout.

Grizzlyjin

Thought ArrowGAF might did this cover.

Funnily enough, I've been buying all the other Young Animal comics except for Cave Carson. Gonna have to change that to see what the deal is here.

That's been the point since his first appearance.

I'm so ignorant about Wild Dog that I didn't even know he's existed as long as the DC shield logo. 🙈

Joni

The hype was real.
arrow11iaql9.gif

barry4g4ufn.gif

Still waiting for him to come back as Grundy.

Sephzilla

To be fair, Oliver has been arrested twice under the pretense of being the Green Arrow.

He was arrested twice under the pretense of being The Hood. Remember, technically the Green Arrow is considered someone else
.... something else.

Also, what happened to the OG costume and bow? Is it still locked up in the police HQ?

Realeza

Banned
While i have been enjoying this season and think its a big step up from last season which sadly lost my interest so much that i never bothered to watch the finale, seeing people mention season 2 just makes me sad that Arrow will probably never be that good again.

Nearly every episode of S2 felt like a season finale, so much stuff happened and also caught you off guard.

One of the best moments was Slade fucking team Arrows shit up all episode only to decide right at the last minute 'You know what, he deserves more' so he just strolls off to Laurel and reveals Olivers true identity and then pimp walks off like the G he was.

S2 Arrow is one of the best TV seasons period, so engaging and kept you on the edge of your seat throughout.

S5 is as good if not better.

Top Bottom