• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

My most fond memory of Season 2 is
5017086-09fb415f.jpg
It actually is a testament to how good this show was that even Summer Glau failed to kill it (but she got damn close, leaving us with seasons 3 and 4).

Joni

It actually is a testament to how good this show was that even Summer Glau failed to kill it (but she got damn close, leaving us with seasons 3 and 4).
Her power is overrated. She couldn’t kill Grey's or the big bang. Or maybe if you survive her, you get 10 seasons.

Aside from Oliver being mayor and I guess Rene being Chesthair's assistant or something now does anyone that's a part of "Team Arrow" have a job currently? Did Felicity get a generous severance package?

Sephzilla

Aside from Oliver being mayor and I guess Rene being Chesthair's assistant or something now does anyone that's a part of "Team Arrow" have a job currently? Did Felicity get a generous severance package?

Felicity is probably using that magic flash drive to embezzle money.

Luigi87

I imagine not only that, but Felicity was taking some hefty paychecks back when she was CEO.

WedgeX

Banned
Team Arrow:

Oliver: Mayor
Felicity: Embezzling money from Palmer Tech
Curtis: Unemployed? Making bank off patents?
Wild Dog: Assistant to the Deputy Mayor
Diggle: Stay at home dad
Canary IV: Police

Not quite Team Arrow but really they are:
Chesthair: Deputy Mayor
Thea: Chief of staff

They might not be running businesses anymore, but Team Arrow seems like a hard working group of civically mind folks these days.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Oh, I thought Wild Dog in Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye was just a little cameo, he's actually a supporting cast member and showed up in #2. How fun. What good timing for the character.

As for their money, I figured that Felicity was bankrolling things. Maybe she had stock options even though she got booted out? Doesn't Thea kinda sorta have some cash too? Is Verdant still open? That would be a nice income if it's still a popular club in Star City. Lyla is the director of an intelligence agency, so Diggle's family is pulling down six figures.

WedgeX

Banned
Were the shows just out of sync or was that a special episode they felt needed to be shown alone (and get a special warning before the episode?)?

Did the episode even really warrant a special warning? It was no more violent then...any other episode of Arrow.

Team Arrow:

Oliver: Mayor
Felicity: Embezzling money from Palmer Tech
Curtis: Unemployed? Making bank off patents?
Wild Dog: Assistant to the Deputy Mayor
Diggle: Stay at home dad
Canary IV: Police

Not quite Team Arrow but really they are:
Chesthair: Deputy Mayor
Thea: Chief of staff

They might not be running businesses anymore, but Team Arrow seems like a hard working group of civically mind folks these days.

Diggle's wife is probably pulling down pretty good money as the Director of an intelligence agency. The FBI director's salary, foe example is about $200k.

Dig will probably also be a member of the Mayor's security detail after the dusts settles on the General Walker case.

Ragman was a sculptor.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The topical nature is what likely prompted the warning.

I imagine so. Plus, it did treat the deaths of the staff members with more weight than the show usually gives to unnamed characters. Might have been a head's up for anyone that lost someone recently to gun violence.

ZeroX03

Banned
New episode tonight!

#5.14 "Star City Sirens"
Episode Promo
CHINA WHITE, CUPID AND LIZA WARNER BREAK OUT OF PRISON - China White (guest star Kelly Hu), Cupid (guest star Amy Gumenick) and Liza Warner (guest star Rutina Wesley) break out of Iron Heights and head to Star City for a sexy ménage à quatre with Wild Dog (guest star Rick Gonzalez). Oliver (Stephen Amell) tries to bring in the newly formed girl gang but the ACU intervenes mid-fight. To his surprise, they are there to arrest the Green Arrow for the murder of Detective Malone. Meanwhile, Lance (Paul Blackthorne) feels responsible for the prison break after Warner tells him she heard about him working with Damien Darhk. Mary Lambert directed the episode written by Barbara Bloom & Jenny Lynn (#514).
ar514b-0271b-232657.jpg

Joni

Oh for the love of god, we're getting another "this is my fight and I can't involve you guys but then I'm gonna realize that never fucking works and get my ass saved by you" bullshit again aren't we

I'm more thinking a GReen Arrow is outed, run for your life.

Grizzlyjin

"FELICITY SMOAKE 100TH" is trending on Twitter right now, so I imagine this is her 100th episode. Bust out the Guggenheim champagne, folks.

ZeroX03

Banned
"FELICITY SMOAKE 100TH" is trending on Twitter right now, so I imagine this is her 100th episode. Bust out the Guggenheim champagne, folks.

It's a shame I won't be able to watch this momentous episode live.

Here's hoping for 14/14. Looks pretty filler but at least they're bringing out the girls... got a little something for daddy...

Top Bottom