• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Jhoan

Wild Dog is the only one wearing a full mask that covers his face. Everyone doesn't think that people lack common sense and can't put two and two together.

Is the Deputy Mayor allowed to do pretty much whatever Quentin is doing? Hahaha. Honestly don't know what Deputy Mayor entails. But, Pyke should put 2 and 2 together at this point seeing him working with the Green Arrow still.

Jhoan

Curtis keeps getting jobbed as Mr. Terrific. And the cop should have used common sense. "That's what the mayor said." Gee ever thought that Green Arrow is just the mayor with a mask and a hood? Comics, I know but good lord!

caliph95

Don't know why but this is kinda hilarious to me
giphy.gif

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
Thea has proven herself the Matriarch of the Queen family! Taking lessons from the queen herself!

RABWUVc.jpg

Gone but not forgotten :'(

I loved Laurel and dropped the show when they killed her but man New Canary has way more of a presence.

I dropped the show at that point too. But when I heard S5 was so good, I started back on it. It's all true. This is one of the best seasons of Arrow. Best superhero TV series among the other CW series this season.

"Nobody can know my secret"

*Neck snap*

Yeah, I hate what they did with Laurel/Katie but they've done a really good job with this Dinah so far. Still, would've been cool if they kept this Dinah Drake having some sort of very loose connection to the Lance family such as her being Mama Lance's niece or something (though I guess we never did find out what her maiden name was aside from assuming the obvious) and Dinah being a family name handed down to various first born daughters or something. I know it's just one of those things you roll with but it's weird seeing that name be so seemingly popular.

MartyStu

"Nobody can know my secret"

*Neck snap*

Yeah, I hate what they did with Laurel/Katie but they've done a really good job with this Dinah so far. Still, would've been cool if they kept this Dinah Drake having some sort of very loose connection to the Lance family such as her being Mama Lance's niece or something (though I guess we never did find out what her maiden name was aside from assuming the obvious) and Dinah being a family name handed down to various first born daughters or something. I know it's just one of those things you roll with but it's weird seeing that name be so seemingly popular.

Quite honestly, I respect the approach they took. Enough explanation to be thematically and internally resonant, but not so much that they cause issues for themselves later down the line. Given the quality of the season, it is easy enough to swallow this.

ZeroX03

Banned
Extended Episode Promo
AV Club: B

I liked it. One of the weakest episodes of the season for sure, but it was obviously having to play filler like the Bratva episode. But like the Bratva episode they drew from Arrow's history... even if it was Lance's history from a weak S4 plot.

Once again Dinah showing off strong physicality. The Cry and Bo Staff looked very cool. I get liking Laurel but Katie Cassidy was never convincing as any kind of fighter.

Also somehow managed to feel bad for Susan and very proud of Thea.

Curtis keeps on sucking!

I'm surprised people are still are hung up on Oliver having a blind spot when it comes to the women he's currently into like that hasn't been a character trait since the show started. Yeah he's had a huge amount of character development, but he's still Oliver.

Xenoboy

Episode was quite good, but nothing could top Gorillas this week for me though.
I love how Curtis keep talking in other languages and making a fool of himself and getting kicked.

Next episode is Vigilante hype, most underrated and best character of the season. I wonder how Adrian is gonna deal with this, since he knows the circumstances of Billy's death.

I loved Laurel and dropped the show when they killed her but man New Canary has way more of a presence.

I didn't drop it, but I loved Laurel. Katie was the only reason I gave the show a shot way back in Season 1; I'd been soured on WB/CW superhero shows following Smallville. When they killed her off, it really upset me. But they had really done awesome things with Dinah since introducing her. She looks and acts great on the team.

I just really hope they give her a blonde wig.

Top Bottom