• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

ZeroX03

Banned
Black Siren hasn't even showed any signs of redemption. She conflicts with Dinah as a hero on the team. Unless she's a big bad this is a really odd move.

The news (contains spoilers for later episodes)

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/03/27/arrow-brings-katie-cassidy-back-as-a-series-regular/

Black Siren is returning and a series regular for Season 6.

chesthairfalls1tr8a.gif

GulAtiCa

Maybe they can pull a "Spike" from Buffy with her. So instead of an Angel with being fully good, but a Spike, who is in it for their own goal and helps relentlessly..

Unless Dinah was a huge swerve, perhaps she's coming into this as a villain for the season?

I'm more interested in seeing them establish Dinah more, but whatever. I'm down.

GulAtiCa

I wonder if this ties into Legends at all. Since
Katie Cassidy
plays a role in the Legend's finale, way before re-appearing in the final
episodes this season.

Joni

Twitter is twitter. I think more people will be happy with this than those who aren't.

It just feels so sudden considering we have another 'Black Canary' like character. This has an impact for Juliana who we didn't get to know very well.

Was kind of expecting her to be in more episodes of the "Arrowverse" shows than what we got, I kind of expect she won't actually be part of the team and more of an eventual uneasy alliance sort of thing.
Not all fans. Twitter will get nasty.
Yeah... That segment of people with profile pictures or Twitter handles are having a fit.
Oh, do I get to pull out my salt gifs?

NyccLus.gif
Needs to be posted to Twitter.

Unless Dinah was a huge swerve, perhaps she's coming into this as a villain for the season?

I'm more interested in seeing them establish Dinah more, but whatever. I'm down.

I think they could sell Black Siren as a villain, tbh. Adrian is a deeply personal villain, so we're due for a cackling maniac with a devious plot who isn't necessarily wed at the hip to Ollie's stuff. Cassidy plays her really well, too.

Joni

I think they could sell Black Siren as a villain, tbh. Adrian is a deeply personal villain, so we're due for a cackling maniac with a devious plot who isn't necessarily wed at the hip to Ollie's stuff. Cassidy plays her really well, too.
That would be nice if there is some sort of group of villains. Arrow hasn't done that yet.

I'd honestly be fine with a season long redemption arc, with Black Siren being villainous for most of the season, before making her heel-turn towards the end.

Mostly, I'd like for Dinah to get a bit of room to grow and I thinking they could get more out of playing evil Black Siren off of Oliver, Thea, Chesthair, Felicity, and Dinah. Even Evelyn, if she survives this season. She doesn't have to be outright "murder your whole family" evil, even something of a soft villainy like Captain Cold and Heatwave would work.

Return of the
Sirens
, maybe leading a gang of their own?

I could see it tbh.

See, that would be fun.

MartyStu

Caity Lotz may not be able to act, like at all, but her character was better than Laurel's for a bit.

But for some reason, Amaya, Ray, Iris, Laurel, Mon-El, Felicity, when the writers need to write a love interest for their main characters, they write them terribly to create drama.

She has gotten much better. At the very least, her decently high levels of charisma and bravado has been buoying her character all season.

Vewen

Neo Member
She most likely still be a villain.

My guess is that, with the lack of flashbacks on Island Oliver, we'll get
Earth 2 flashes of E2Laurel and her descent into Black Siren
I thought at first that would require
a redemption story, but it actually doesn't. Though it think it would a waste to bring her back, just to play a villain yet again. I mean, they did that before. Now they are making her recurring, so something will probably change.

Now this quote from David Ramsey is popping back into my head:

http://heroichollywood.com/arrow-david-ramsey-new-canary/

“Clearly she – if you want to call a weak link – is the weak link only by virtue of her being the newest link and kind of unsettled… So if there’s anyone who could be the most influential under Prometheus’ power, it would be her… But we’ll have to wait and see how that plays out. We’re not going to see that immediately, if it does happen. Her first step will be a sincere adjustment to the team.”

ZeroX03

Banned
Also how long are we expected to keep this spoiler tagged, it's series regular casting news and all. Kinda weird/hard to keep it under wraps. It's over all the official social media too, how could you avoid it?

This rumor could work if the season is positioned as the 'Battle of the Canaries.'

Gross!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Also how long are we expected to keep this spoiler tagged, it's series regular casting news and all. Kinda weird/hard to keep it under wraps. It's over all the official social media too, how could you avoid it?

Considering how care free people on this page have been with specific details around it, you'd have to be a level of dumb in the orders of magnitude of okaying Iron Fist's fight choreography to not know what we're talking about.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Interesting news from David Ramsey via Amell's Twitter:

"When I woke up this morning, I didn't think that by 4 pm I'd be standing with you in dick level oatmeal. - @david_ramsey"

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Interesting news from David Ramsey via Amell's Twitter:

"When I woke up this morning, I didn't think that by 4 pm I'd be standing with you in dick level oatmeal. - @david_ramsey"

Hmm. Maybe they're getting put in faux cement?

Personally I've always supported the old Mighty Big TV/Television Without Pity rule of etiquette that casting news is not a spoiler and should not be treated as such.

GulAtiCa

Hell, they are all being public on Twitter and social media, etc. So if you follow anyone from the show, you know the secret already.

Top Bottom