• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

The Hobo

On a side note, she has the advantage of not heckling him about killing. Which is nice. Laurel whined about it and now Thea, of all people, joined the horus. But Felicity was always like "fuck that, make sure you kill that Ra's dude" and then "kill that Darkh dude too" and now she's completely onboard with dropping baddies like flies too. Just cut the drama and make them steady couple and that pairing will work as a charm.

Wasn't Felicity the one who encouraged him to stop killing in season two, though?

Dysun

Saw the premiere, it definitely had season 1 vibes which were refreshing but the 5 second Felicity clip at the end shows the bad melodrama is still on the horizon

So another Batman villain and this time the big bad.

My Predictions that Prometheus is:

(BEST SCENARIO)
Tommy, his fate being slightly changed by flashpoint. He was almost dead but saved or revived with his mind twisted and new training he is out for revenge.

(MEH SCENARIO)
Walter. Salty AF about the loss of Moria and being thrown on the backburner by the family, after hearing it was all Oli's fault(he was told slade was on the island) from Thea a couple seasons back he wants revenge

(BAD/DRAMA BS SCENARIO) and probably most likely
Felicities new BF I mean he has to be evil or something

Another possible scenario:
Constantine Drakon. He survives being shot by The Hood in the pilot due to Flashpoint

Da-Kid

That was actually a good premier if I must say. But I'm still giving it at least 6 eps to be good or I'm dropping the show.

strafer

But she had the best costume.

bEiSvZ9.png

Not even once.

MartyStu

Sölf;219585290 said:
Please let him stay in Gotham, that show is so much better than any Arrowverse show.

Is this true? Because I sampled one random episode last season, and it seemed pretty poor. Mostly the dialog and acting.

The lighting and general direction was pretty good though.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Is this true? Because I sampled one random episode last season, and it seemed pretty poor. Mostly the dialog and acting.

Zero nailed it a while back: Gotham fans are like Anime fans, evangelical to such a degree that you begin to question everything.

It's not true. Especially not this season. Last season was decent, but the show seems to be going through its own Arrow season 3 right now.

jdstorm

Banned
The only people i really liked were twelvie batman and catwoman. Everyone else mostly sucked. But at least now its campy and insane

Sölf

Well, it only has 2 full season so far. The first one was okay, but had a really rough start and tried to cramp pretty much storylines of each and every somewhat important character in each episode. This led to storylines lasting for ~5-10+ episodes but only a little bit happend in each episode. Also, all except the last few episodes were Villain of the Week episodes.

The second season was much better, because first, they made mini arcs that lasted 2-3 episodes instead of villain of the week episodes and they also only put a few character storylines in each episode. This worked so much better. Also, the show is probably as comic book as it gets. You have scenes that feel like a buddy cop comedy and then they shoot a guy who has dynamite hidden and explodes and one asks the other "What the hell are you packin'?" It's so surreal it's funny as hell. But you also get some REALLY dark scenes. The show just does some complete mood swings but somehow it works.

The third season so far is not as good as the second was, but it's only 3 episodes in. We haven't really touched the main storyline in the first 2 episodes, unlike S2 where it started even back then.

Oh, and one really important thing:
Forget everything you know about Batman. This show is it's own universe. You get stuff that DOES NOT MAKE SENSE in the comics, get villain introduction that should not exist at this point in time - but just accept it. Gotham now is it's own universe.

And if you want to know anything else:
Come to the Gotham thread.

Please stop with the damn flashbacks!

Oliver must be the real ra's al ghul because between the time he got stranded on the island and when he returned home I swear he lived about 25 lifetimes.

Going back to just watching Flash and Supergirl. What a crappy show.

Sölf

Oliver must be the real ra's al ghul because between the time he got stranded on the island and when he returned home I swear he lived about 25 lifetimes.

I am waiting for next season, when 5 years have passed, and he tells us he actually left during the S1 events to go back to the island offscreen and do stuff.

The Hobo

Sölf;219711617 said:
I am waiting for next season, when 5 years have passed, and he tells us he actually left during the S1 events to go back to the island offscreen and do stuff.

He did spend a few months on the island between seasons one and two.

KonradLaw

We knew he went to russia since like third episode of S1. Would be stupid to not show that.
Plus really..that premiere was better than anything Supergirl has pulled so far

ZeroX03

Banned
What did people expect would happen at this point? We knew five years of flashbacks and Russia was always the plan.

Joni

They have shown very little of this time though. We have seen maybe a year in total.

ZeroX03

Banned
They have shown very little of this time though. We have seen maybe a year in total.

It's roughly 1:1. There's just big time skips between seasons we don't see. Rest assured he spends months of boredom on the island doing nothing.

Yes Gotham is the best comic book show. Though to enjoy it you have to be a fan of the camp since it embraces it.

It's probably why it seems so polarising, since camp is all about making itself different. But it sures beats Arrows attempt to be dark and edgy but failing hard because it's really just The O.C with superheroes now. Kinda funny considering Gotham's star.

Edit: If you're in UK camp is probably a bad word for it since it has different, stronger meanings here, I guess hammy and/or cheesey may be a better discription.

It's not true. Especially not this season. Last season was decent, but the show seems to be going through its own Arrow season 3 right now.

tumblr_inline_nw6htakdGK1qenu8a_500.gif

It's only 3 episodes in, it's not been bad at all. You obviously don't like Gotham but statements like this are pure nonsense.

http://67.media.tumblr.com/5332f37f33c12c8382c866fc5afa8474/tumblr_inline_nw6htakdGK1qenu8a_500.gif[/IMG]

It's only 3 episodes in, it's not been bad at all. You obviously don't like Gotham but statements like this are pure nonsense.
You're mistaken. I do like Gotham. I just hate season 3 so far. It feels like early season 1 again, and them bringing back Fish (albeit temporarily) and Falcone cement that.

Finally finishing last season. Just watched ep 15. Felicity literally relearned how to walk and walked out of the room on Oliver. I wish I woulda been able to watch this live to read the reactions

Nabs

You guys are bringing back bad memories. "Taken" aired on Feb. 24th. We had to wait a month for this episode:

Mb4PksJ.png

Then the un-bee-lievable episode 17.

Nori Chan

Where's the gif of her getting up and walking away.

That was the same week where they revealed who Zoom was. From finding out who zoom was, to seeing Olicity at its maximum and having her gain the ability to walk, only for her to walk away.

I literally almost gave up on the show right then and there.

Penguin

So another Batman villain and this time the big bad.

My Predictions that Prometheus is:

(BEST SCENARIO)
Tommy, his fate being slightly changed by flashpoint. He was almost dead but saved or revived with his mind twisted and new training he is out for revenge.

(MEH SCENARIO)
Walter. Salty AF about the loss of Moria and being thrown on the backburner by the family, after hearing it was all Oli's fault(he was told slade was on the island) from Thea a couple seasons back he wants revenge

(BAD/DRAMA BS SCENARIO) and probably most likely
Felicities new BF I mean he has to be evil or something

Is he a Batman villain?
Debut in Blue Beetle and mostly know him from Morrison's JLA.

jdstorm

Banned
On Gotham vs Arrow. Most of it is based on expectations.

Arrow in the back half of season 1/early season 2 was a legitimately good show. Possibly even great. So when arrow is poor/mediocre its a noticible drop from where it has been.

Gotham is always poor/mediocre with the occasional good moment. So the audience expectations are significantly lower. These lowered expectations make it less frustrating to watch despite it mostly being a worse show then arrow

Oh my god I'm watching S4 Ep17 and why the fuck is there a Bee Man AND DID CURTIS JUST DO A NO HANDS FLIP

WHAT IS WITH FLIPPING ON THIS SHOW

Top Bottom