• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

THEY REALLY DID JUST HAVE CURTIS MAKE A FUCKING CHIP TO HAVE HER WALK

HOW DISRESPECTFUL CAN YOU BE

FUCK THIS SHOW

IT DIDN'T EVEN LAST FOUR EPISODES
fJ0NymS.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

In a show that has ninja assassins and super drug powered mercenaries, this ranked as one of the most ridiculous things I've seen. And there was a month long break after that moment so we had to let it ferment in our brains.

Shockingly, the season started getting better after that point though.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
On which Earth or timeline?

I liked those last couple of episodes of Season 4. The finale was a bit of a dud but the lead up was great. So yeah, pretty much Laurel's death episode onward until the finale.

Sober

I liked those last couple of episodes of Season 4. The finale was a bit of a dud but the lead up was great. So yeah, pretty much Laurel's death episode onward until the finale.
Yeah I generally liked the episodes in the latter half but the finale was flat.

Conclusion is simple: Oliver fits better with any female than his main comic love interest.

Amell had great chemistry with Katie Cassidy when they actually were going that direction. He also had great chemistry with Caity Lotz. It's only EBR who he has shit chemistry with. There's the old adage show don't tell. Since they can't show Olicity chemistry because it doesn't exist anywhere but in Guggenheim and the Oliciters minds, they have to "tell" by hitting us over the head with blatant shit all the time

ZeroX03

Banned
Amell had great chemistry with Katie Cassidy when they actually were going that direction. He also had great chemistry with Caity Lotz. It's only EBR who he has shit chemistry with. There's the old adage show don't tell. Since they can't show Olicity chemistry because it doesn't exist anywhere but in Guggenheim and the Oliciters minds, they have to "tell" by hitting us over the head with blatant shit all the time

All your stupid Guggenheim bashing aside, are you blind? The shipping didn't come out of nowhere.

MartyStu

Lol-wut?

Chemistry Hierarchy:

Mama Queen
Thea
Tommy
Felicity
Sara
Helena
Diggle
Shado
Deathstroke
Papa Lance
Laurel

As he is supposedly straight, and fuckin' your family is frowned upon, Felicity is the obvious front-runner.

KonradLaw

All your stupid Guggenheim bashing aside, are you blind? The shipping didn't come out of nowhere.

Yeah. Seriously. In s1 Oliver had far more sexual chemistry even with his sister and mom than with Laurel.
It's obvious Laurel was set up as a love interest, but it worked so badly they had to drop it. And by the time S2 was ending they picked Felicity, because they had chemistry together. And they still do. They work great as couple. It's only when writers insist in splitting them up that the dumb shit begins.

On a side note, she has the advantage of not heckling him about killing. Which is nice. Laurel whined about it and now Thea, of all people, joined the horus. But Felicity was always like "fuck that, make sure you kill that Ra's dude" and then "kill that Darkh dude too" and now she's completely onboard with dropping baddies like flies too. Just cut the drama and make them steady couple and that pairing will work as a charm.

I'd say Laurel and Ollie had good chemistry when they weren't being written to be total shitheads to each other, which was almost all the time

Laurel in S2 was a fucking disaster what with that goddamn addict storyline

ZeroX03

Banned
Lol-wut?

Chemistry Hierarchy:

Mama Queen
Thea
Tommy
Felicity
Sara
Helena
Diggle
Shado
Deathstroke
Papa Lance
Laurel

As he is supposedly straight, and fuckin' your family is frowned upon, Felicity is the obvious front-runner.

Yo he's actually got pretty mad chemistry with Chesthair now.

Joni

Emily got a prominent place because we absolutely adored her and shitposted about Laurel, all the time. Half the posts in the first season topic were about how awful she was. The second would have been about how she got plastic surgery until the mods luckily shot that down.

I'd say Laurel and Ollie had good chemistry when they weren't being written to be total shitheads to each other, which was almost all the time

Their chemistry was great the couple of episodes before her death until her death.

strafer

Lol-wut?

Chemistry Hierarchy:

Mama Queen
Thea
Tommy
Felicity
Sara
Helena
Diggle
Shado
Deathstroke
Papa Lance
Laurel

There was chemistry between him and his mother?

Lol-wut?

Chemistry Hierarchy:

Mama Queen
Thea
Tommy
Felicity
Sara
Helena
Diggle
Shado
Deathstroke
Papa Lance
Laurel

How dare you forget...what's her name in Season 2. Who late showed up as discount Ravager.

Vaguely recall Moira telling her to take a hike. And that scene when Malcolm sneaks into Moira's house and she says, verbatim, "I ratted you out to the League of Assassins...yeah you better run punk ass."

I should watch season 2 again.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Decent episode

Laurel's statue is hilariously bad

Also, that guy at the end - Is that
Kimodo?

Grizzlyjin

Decent episode

Laurel's statue is hilariously bad

Also, that guy at the end - Is that
Kimodo?

Laurel's statue reminds me of that freaky Lucille Ball statue from a few years ago.

It's a statue of a women in lite-bondage gear carrying a police baton, it's just strange when you see it in the light. A more symbolic design would have looked better. Like a canary carrying a lantern to light their way, or some bullshit like that.

CryptiK

So another Batman villain and this time the big bad.

My Predictions that Prometheus is:

(BEST SCENARIO)
Tommy, his fate being slightly changed by flashpoint. He was almost dead but saved or revived with his mind twisted and new training he is out for revenge.

(MEH SCENARIO)
Walter. Salty AF about the loss of Moria and being thrown on the backburner by the family, after hearing it was all Oli's fault(he was told slade was on the island) from Thea a couple seasons back he wants revenge

(BAD/DRAMA BS SCENARIO) and probably most likely
Felicities new BF I mean he has to be evil or something

IconGrist

So another Batman villain and this time the big bad.

My Predictions that Prometheus is:

(BEST SCENARIO)
Tommy, his fate being slightly changed by flashpoint. He was almost dead but saved or revived with his mind twisted and new training he is out for revenge.

(MEH SCENARIO)
Walter. Salty AF about the loss of Moria and being thrown on the backburner by the family, after hearing it was all Oli's fault(he was told slade was on the island) from Thea a couple seasons back he wants revenge

(BAD/DRAMA BS SCENARIO) and probably most likely
Felicities new BF I mean he has to be evil or something

I don't see that last one being true unless he hulks out or something. Or wears a shit load of padding.

Top Bottom