• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Ducarmel

Today I was shocked to find out my 56 year old mom watches Arrow. She binged watch the whole thing over the summer.

After talking about what she likes/dislikes about the show she just dropped a bomb on me claiming Felicity is the backbone of the show and she almost quit watching when she thought Felicity was going to die in season 4 and she loves Olicity!

Maybe its time for me to quit Arrow. Every time we happen to know we are watching the same show I start getting a hundred text messages about it from her.

She also watches the other DC shows, she is going to blow up my phone every night.

Today I was shocked to find out my 56 year old mom watches Arrow. She binged watch the whole thing over the summer.

After talking about what she likes/dislikes about the show she just dropped a bomb on me claiming Felicity is the backbone of the show and she almost quit watching when she thought Felicity was going to die in season 4 and she loves Olicity!

Maybe its time for me to quit Arrow. Every time we happen to know we are watching the same show I start getting a hundred text messages about it from her.

She also watches the other DC shows, she is going to blow up my phone every night.

hahaha, sorry that's just funny.

Your mom is a smart, observant woman. Has she discovered Tumblr yet?

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Are they going to mention Monument Point getting nuked last season? It seems like that would be a pretty big deal.

Also, when the fuck are they going to reveal how Deathbolt got his powers?!!!!

Are they going to mention Monument Point getting nuked last season? It seems like that would be a pretty big deal.

It would be better if they just pretend last season didn't happen.

Gig

Yes that's a big part of nobody's story this year.

Unlike the latter question the first one was serious, was the flippant tone necessary?

Anyways, it was major event in the season finale and it seemed to deeply affect Felicity at the time, it would be a shame if this potential story line was just forgotten.

Gig

Serious question?

Hi, you might not know me, I'm ZeroX03 and I'm well known for absolutely never joking.

I have lurked (and occasionally posted) in enough DC TV threads to know you. ;)

From my prospective it appeared to me that, judging from your reply, that my question was with out merit or worth.

I think it is a worthy question, thousands or tens of thousands of people died, to me that should cause some sort of repercussion during this season.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Okay, this has probably gone on enough.

Yes, they said they would be dealing with her redirecting the nuke.

They'll cover her guilt.
There is even going to be a character from there on this season.

ZeroX03

Banned
I have lurked (and occasionally posted) in enough DC TV threads to know you. ;)

From my prospective it appeared to me that, judging from your reply, that my question was with out merit or worth.

I think it is a worthy question, thousands or tens of thousands of people died, to me that should cause some sort of repercussion during this season.

Like I said, it's a part of nobody's story arc this year.

Monument Point was the original target, Havenrock was the place that Felicity diverted the nuke to.

But yeah. One of the new recruits is Rag Man, and his casting announcement mentioned that he would be a survivor of the bombing, looking for answers. With that in mind, it will definitely come up.

KonradLaw

A good opener, but my god, Ollie is even dumber than Barry.
How exactly is he dumb? He would be dumb if he would repeat his mistakes.
The truth is that almost every tragedy in his life since coming from the island could have been avoided if he didn't try to restrain himself. If he took out Malcolm in S2...Thea wouldn't kill Sara and wouldn't have to be ressurected with bloodlust. He could have killed Slade while he was tranqued too. etc.
Oliver isn't Kara. He doesn't have super duper powers to fall back on. He can't take chances. If somebody needs to be put down he has to do it at the first opportunity that presents itself.

Oliver learns from his mistakes based on failures. When faced with failures Barry just doubles down.

KonradLaw

Damn..my mother also liked Olicity, but texted me "That dumb blonde skank" after the whole "walk from the wheelchair" diseaster and she hated her ever since :D

I think it's because my mom has a crush on Oliver though, not for story reasons :D

Joni

How exactly is he dumb? He would be dumb if he would repeat his mistakes.
The truth is that almost every tragedy in his life since coming from the island could have been avoided if he didn't try to restrain himself. If he took out Malcolm in S2...Thea wouldn't kill Sara and wouldn't have to be ressurected with bloodlust. He could have killed Slade while he was tranqued too. etc.
Oliver isn't Kara. He doesn't have super duper powers to fall back on. He can't take chances. If somebody needs to be put down he has to do it at the first opportunity that presents itself.

Oliver learns from his mistakes based on failures. When faced with failures Barry just doubles down.
Slade did happen because he tried to kill him instead of heal him though. But indeed, he could have been better off with a higher body count.

wildfire

Banned
Okay, this has probably gone on enough.

Yes, they said they would be dealing with her redirecting the nuke.

They'll cover her guilt.
There is even going to be a character from there on this season.

TIL there was nukes involved in season 4 Arrow. So how atrocious was that episode?

Joni

TIL there was nukes involved in season 4 Arrow. So how atrocious was that episode?

They managed to stop all of them, but Felicity had to hack the GPS to detonate another smaller town. It was a typical TV storyline, but Felicity was involved so it was 20 pages of saying how afwul she was.

KonradLaw

They managed to stop all of them, but Felicity had to hack the GPS to detonate another smaller town. It was a typical TV storyline, but Felicity was involved so it was 20 pages of saying how afwul she was.

I thought they were pretty ballsy with that actually. Especially since it will have consequences latar on. One of the common problems superhero fiction has that Arrow avoids is to have the city frozen in amber. The destruction of half of Glades hurt the city immensely and so did the virus outbreak and killing all the mayors through the years. It look balls from writers to detonate that damn nuke too. On Arrow you don't get the impression that there's complete reset of setting between seasons.

Joni

I thought they were pretty ballsy with that actually. Especially since it will have consequences latar on. One of the common problems superhero fiction has that Arrow avoids is to have the city frozen in amber. The destruction of half of Glades hurt the city immensely and so did the virus outbreak and killing all the mayors through the years. It look balls from writers to detonate that damn nuke too. On Arrow you don't get the impression that there's complete reset of setting between seasons.

More looking at the hacking itself, which was kinda 'movie' hacking so laughable. Letting the nuke hit was a big surprise and a good move.

Honestly as someone who hated Season 4, the nuke part was one of the somewhat decently handled parts. I have the right to retroactively change that stance though if they quickly gloss over it within a couple of episodes to the return to status quo ie how they managed to fuck up the Thea bloodlust story. The Havenrock nuke thing should be the defining moment that breaks Felicity and allows her to make the heel turn she needs.

ZeroX03

Banned
#5.04 "Penance" Synopsis
OLIVER STEPS IN FOR DIGGLE — Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Lyla (guest star Audrey Marie Anderson) team up on a secret mission for Diggle (David Ramsey). Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) finds out and disapproves of the plan and opts to stay behind. When Tobias Church (guest star Chad L. Coleman) launches a deadly assault against the city, Felicity must decide if she wants to send the recruits out sans the Green Arrow.
Sounds like a pretty fun semi filler episode.

Joni

WAIT

I'm watching S4 Ep13

WHEN DID NYSSA AND OLLIE MARRY

WHAT IS GOING ON

AND WHY IS OLLIE PROTECTING A TERRORIST

Because Daddy Al Ghul is good at arranging marriages.

katrina-law-stephen-amell-arrow-thecw.jpg

We in this thread tend to forget that we were not a part of Arrow's most fervent demographics, who actually like Olicity.

I want Ollie to be a huge fucking dickhead to the trainees. Please, Uncle Guggie. That's all I ask for.

That and mah Olicity back

THEY REALLY DID JUST HAVE CURTIS MAKE A FUCKING CHIP TO HAVE HER WALK

HOW DISRESPECTFUL CAN YOU BE

FUCK THIS SHOW

IT DIDN'T EVEN LAST FOUR EPISODES

OK, so the season premier wasn't complete garbage.

I mean, Thea got my nerves, and Felicity still drives me up the fucking wall, and I'm not a fan of Oliver needing a team to do what he does when Arrow was at its best when it was just him with the occasional helping hand, buuuut... that was OK. I'm not optimistic, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

I'm sure if I had mobility issues I'd love that shit

HEY I MADE YOU SOME COMPUTER THING

Now use your newfound walking superpower to walk away from Ollie for being a jackass again

fuck

At the top of Salt Mountain, I just planted a fucking flag with my face on it and a picture of a wheelchair X'd out on the back

Top Bottom