• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Joni

People (read: Reddit) whine about how the show is going backwards with Felicity's dominance in the story and Oliver killing again, but it's not nearly as bad as the Olicity soap opera stuff. I kind of like that Oliver is being a tough bastard who kills and it goes to show that a no-kill rule is really really hard to keep. Unfortunately the only "voice of reason" character the show has is Felicity (and maybe Thea, but she's out of Team Arrow right now and Diggle is away), so Felicity has to take that role, but we get annoyed with her because of all her previous baggage.
That is the type of people you can ignore. They are not actually interested in reason.

ZeroX03

Banned
:(

But christmas sucks and I dont care about it...I wish they would send me the rest of the episodes so I can watch them all alone on christmas.

It's almost like they need a break to continue producing episodes because it takes longer than one week to produce an episode.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
Does it bother anyone else that Oliver is recruiting a minor to be part of his team? I hope when Diggle comes back he has something to say about it being an uncle and father.

I'm actually pretty happy with season 5 so far. Having a metahuman(?) on the team with a mystical "holy vengeance" mindset and personality is a nice contrast to the more realistic characters. The fights and stunts are nicely done and the editing and camera work shows off more of the choreography instead of being lost in choppy editing.

People (read: Reddit) whine about how the show is going backwards with Felicity's dominance in the story and Oliver killing again, but it's not nearly as bad as the Olicity soap opera stuff. I kind of like that Oliver is being a tough bastard who kills and it goes to show that a no-kill rule is really really hard to keep. Unfortunately the only "voice of reason" character the show has is Felicity (and maybe Thea, but she's out of Team Arrow right now and Diggle is away), so Felicity has to take that role, but we get annoyed with her because of all her previous baggage. Like, if it was Diggle telling Oliver what to do, we'd be totally fine with it.

I would not be find with diggle telling oliver what to do .
I love the diggle bromance but his advise has been crap since season 2.
At this point people going to bitch about Felicity no matter what .
Does it bother anyone else that Oliver is recruiting a minor to be part of his team? I hope when Diggle comes back he has something to say about it being an uncle and father.

Well in comics they have whole child\young teams so it not a big deal .

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
It is boring, and it blocks all the fun stuff like television.

Yes mate. I despise christmas.

giphy.gif

Only time of the year I enjoy

ZeroX03

Banned

It's a time honored superhero tradition.

Besides, she's 17, better than say a ten year old Robin.

There's eventually a point where they're going to go out in the field anyway. At that point, they're less likely to get killed if they have some training.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
It's a time honored superhero tradition.

Besides, she's 17, better than say a ten year old Robin.

I was having a blast watching Oliver train the newbies and then I thought "Oliver is beating the crap out of a kid."

Like you said it's ingrained in comic book lore so it doesn't irk me too much, but if no one on the show mentions it it will be pretty weird.

Joni

People don't necessarily like their family. People aren't necessarily on talking terms with their family.

200_s.gif

Volimar

This page is a mess.

I'm pretty happy that they're busting the DC universe wide open with all these heroes and villains. Reminds me of Justice League Unlimited. Good stuff.

Joni

This page is a mess.

I'm pretty happy that they're busting the DC universe wide open with all these heroes and villains. Reminds me of Justice League Unlimited. Good stuff.
It is weekend. We havent gotten a new episode in three days.

Da-Kid

All Holidays are just marketing ploys that merchants made most people feel they HAVE to do for family and especially kids or there's something wrong with you.

That's why I don't celebrate holidays, plus they're pagan. Saves me money.

Joni

All Holidays are just marketing ploys that merchants made most people feel they HAVE to do for family and especially kids or there's something wrong with you.

That's why I don't celebrate holidays, plus they're pagan. Saves me money.

Here is my list of reasons

joe-dinicol-betas.jpg

I only celebrate old Egyptian holidays. But only since 4-5 months.

Have they hinted if they will remotely give her the Young Justice treatment?
since they are going with Artemis,
Daughter of 2 villains and the sister of Cheshire

Have they hinted if they will remotely give her the Young Justice treatment?
since they are going with Artemis,
Daughter of 2 villains and the sister of Cheshire

She's a completely different character using the same code-name:

Young Justice Artemis was Artemis Crock, a C-List JSA Legacy villain who used the name Tigress:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Artemis_Crock_(New_Earth)

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Artemis_Crock_(Earth-16)

This one is Evelyn Crawford- Sharp, an adaptation of Evelyn Crawford, the New52 Bird of Prey known as Starling:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Evelyn_Crawford_(Prime_Earth)

On Arrow, her parents were drugged into joining Damien Darhk's cult, and were killed at the gas testing facility where he held Felicity, Thea and Diggle hostage.

She's a completely different character using the same code-name:

Young Justice Artemis was Artemis Crock, a C-List JSA Legacy villain who used the name Tigress:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Artemis_Crock_(New_Earth)

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Artemis_Crock_(Earth-16)

This one is Evelyn Crawford- Sharp, an adaptation of Evelyn Crawford, the New52 Bird of Prey known as Starling:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Evelyn_Crawford_(Prime_Earth)

On Arrow, her parents were drugged into joining Damien Darhk's cult, and were killed at the gas testing facility where he held Felicity, Thea and Diggle hostage.

Knew she was different but was just wondering if they'd apply some of that to her to spice that character/role up a bit.
Cheshire/Crock doesn't really work but Sportsmaster/other budget villain would have worked.
Thanks for the info though.

Skux

I'm annoyed that he keeps having to reveal his identity to people. Like why

You can only keep the secret for so long before it becomes a tiresome plot line and holds back further character development.

I remember when Ollie first revealed himself to Tommy in season 1 (which still remains the best Arrow episode ever IMO), it was a huge deal and a real game changer. But the more people know, the less important each subsequent reveal becomes.

ZeroX03

Banned
Christmas is summer here. I get to kick back and relax at a nice warm beach. Yay mid season break!

I get to kick back and relax in my boiling hot room because I don't like the beach and will play games instead

ZeroX03

Banned
More Arrow #100 returning characters:
Speaking of the DC TV universe’s Big Bads, it was also confirmed that Arrow’s 100th episode — which marks Part 3 of the CW hero series’ four-way crossover event — will feature both Damien Darhk and Malcolm Merlyn, among the many other (and sometimes improbably) returning faces, which include Moira Queen, Deathstroke and Laurel Lance.

“Everyone who we could have in the episode from a scheduling point of view is in the episode,” says showrunner Marc Guggenheim. “Even the people that we couldn’t have, because of conflicting schedules, are represented.”

ZeroX03

Banned
New episode tonight

#5.03 "A Matter of Trust"
Episode Promo
WRESTLING STAR CODY RHODES BRINGS THE SMACK DOWN TO STAR CITY — Now that Oliver (Stephen Amell) has his new team, they are ready to hit the streets but Oliver doesn’t feel they are ready. Headstrong Poochy (guest star Rick Gonzalez) defies the Green Arrow’s orders and sets out on his own after a new drug dealer, Garret Runnels (guest star Cody Rhodes), who is terrorizing Star City. Runnels proves more powerful than Poochy and it is up to the Green Arrow to go head to head with Runnels to save his teammate. Gregory Smith directed the episode written by Ben Sokolowski & Emilio Ortega Aldrich.
AR503B_0306b.jpg

Top Bottom