• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

S5 has started well.

But again, it is a shame that flashbacks are again very minimal. In first 2 seasons they had much larger airtime and now they are just 2 min snippets from time to time.

That's for the best, flashbacks are stupid

And I've figured it out.

THE CHICKEN IS PROMETHEUS

KonradLaw

The comic Prometheus is the son of two criminals who were killed in a shootout with police, thus causing him to declare war on all cops and superheroes.

My guess is that Arrow ' s Prometheus is related to someone Ollie killed in season 1, thus making the price of killing a theme of this season.

Only if it ends in Oliver quoting Solomon Kane:
If I kill you, I am bound for hell. It is a price I shall gladly pay.

'I'm the last guy you lie to'
'One of these days, you're going to be straight with me about what happened on that island'

John Diggle, Seconds Before Ollie Lies To Him And/Or Stretches The Truth About The Island

It'll be interesting to see if Prometheus is an old character or not. We know he's a result of Oliver's actions, but they haven't really been playing it up as a mystery like Zoom or Sara's killer. Early days I suppose.

Thank the gods, those were awful plotlines. Merlyn putting Thea in such danger still doesn't make a lick of sense and Zoom just sucked after a while.

KonradLaw

Thank the gods, those were awful plotlines. Merlyn putting Thea in such danger still doesn't make a lick of sense and Zoom just sucked after a while.

What? Merlyn's actions made perfect sense. The only thing he loves more than his daughter is himself. By having Thea kill Sara he made Thea the target of the League, thus ensuring Oliver's cooperation, while also taking the heat away from himself.

S5 has started well.

But again, it is a shame that flashbacks are again very minimal. In first 2 seasons they had much larger airtime and now they are just 2 min snippets from time to time.

I actually want them to get rid of the flashbacks altogether. They've become distracting and unbelievable convenient IMO

What? Merlyn's actions made perfect sense. The only thing he loves more than his daughter is himself. By having Thea kill Sara he made Thea the target of the League, thus ensuring Oliver's cooperation, while also taking the heat away from himself.

Yup. His dedication to Thea was more about his legacy than about her. He wouldn't care about her at all if Tommy were still around.

I refuse to think he'd be dumb enough to put Thea in so much danger, we saw him go to great lengths to protect her in his distorted way. Ollie is manipulated a lot easier than that convoluted plan.

LOL WAIT WHAT THE FUCK

FELICITY JUST LET A NUKE HIT A TOWN

I take back what I said, S4 is AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS

They literally spent more time on that flop Alex getting tazed to death than they did on the like 35,000 people that got nuked

DedValve

Banned
I literally just finished Arrow S4 like 2 weeks ago. Whose Alex?

Also just started watching Flash for the first time since apparently S2 does the Flashpoint Paradox and that affects the whole arrowverse? Its a good thing I'm really loving the Flash so far, just about to see my first glimpse of reverse flash.

So when are we getting Supergirl in all this crazy shit? The show was average af but the casting for Supergirl is fantastic. I hope S2 really kicks it up in terms of righting because that actress deserves to wear the cape. She's so charismatic, it'd be hilarious to see her and Oliver duke it out over how to be a hero while Oliver has a crisis over arguing with, for all intents and purposes, an actual fucking god lol.

And is Legends of Tomorrow worth continuing? I'm on ep 4 or 5 and am just not feeling it. Maybe its the fact that the space ship is so ugly, dull and boring yet is the main setpiece. Maybe I just don't like any of the characters except Sarah and Capt. Cold. I don't really know.

EDIT: Just checked out the OT. Now I could have sworn Felicity was the only one to stay with Ollie. So flashpoint changes a lot I see.

DedValve

Banned
S5 has started well.

And now I will watch S5 immediately rather than wait for the midseason break to binge.

Was hoping for zero flashbacks but I'll take what I can get.

EDIT: Oh shit I forgot about flash. I'll finish that first.

Its definitely Tommy

crDxS4f.gif

The anger. Its personal, y'all.

ZeroX03

Banned

Yeah Merlyn really likes Thea, but he still considers himself numero uno.

LOL WAIT WHAT THE FUCK

They literally spent more time on that flop Alex getting tazed to death than they did on the like 35,000 people that got nuked

That's still a plot line in S5, they're not sweeping a nuke under the rug.

LOL WAIT WHAT THE FUCK

They going spend time on it in season 5 , Ragman will most likely play a big part .
Also i am happy they let a nuke hit the town , shows the heroes can't save everyone all the time.

Yup. His dedication to Thea was more about his legacy than about her. He wouldn't care about her at all if Tommy were still around.

He did not give a fuck about tommy so even if he was still around it would not matter .
In fact i say he care more about oliver then him lol.
Tommy was to soft for Merlyn to care about him.

Realeza

Banned
Loving this beginning of the season. The stunts and fight choreography are great.

Can somebody recap who's this Octopus/Scarecrow guy again? I couldnt heat very well when they were talking.

Kevin

Yeah I enjoyed the first two episodes so far this season. Liking the new direction. Hope it doesn't fall apart again by the end.

Kind of like the idea of a new, bigger Team Arrow but there are plenty of ways for them to screw this up so I'll just have to wait and see how it all works out.

I finally saw the first episode and LMAO. The mayor handsome thing was hilarious. And then he goes and builds a hideous black canary statue in some shipping dock in the middle of nowhere and like 12 people show up for the ceremony. Impeach mayor handsome.

charpunk

I love how they said they want to stay grounded this season.

Second episode they introduce a character that has a magic robe made out of rags.

Still like 2 billion times better than last season so far though.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Damn did they really screw that one up.
Still hoping eventually they just pull some "just her mother/aunt" bs, honestly she was the single worst thing Gotham has done

Gotham's Harvey Dent is a bit of a mess too. Absolutely unnecessary

Platy

Damn did they really screw that one up.
Still hoping eventually they just pull some "just her mother/aunt" bs, honestly she was the single worst thing Gotham has done

Poison Ivy beat a dude with a plant and let the plant to die
Also she is a reverse 1000 year old dragon and her name is not Pamela Isley

Gotham's Harvey Dent is a bit of a mess too. Absolutely unnecessary

At least he got taken out before he was completely unsalvageable.
Montoya is pretty much completely ruined in that interpretation. Question is about the only thing that can save her but The Question running around on that show a good 5+ years before Batman would be an even bigger negative.

Joni

If you bring up Gotham in this topic, it will get shit on. So don't, it isn't the Gotham topic.

EDIT: Just checked out the OT. Now I could have sworn Felicity was the only one to stay with Ollie. So flashpoint changes a lot I see.
It changes a minor detail. The rest is all logic progress.

Skux

I'm actually pretty happy with season 5 so far. Having a metahuman(?) on the team with a mystical "holy vengeance" mindset and personality is a nice contrast to the more realistic characters. The fights and stunts are nicely done and the editing and camera work shows off more of the choreography instead of being lost in choppy editing.

People (read: Reddit) whine about how the show is going backwards with Felicity's dominance in the story and Oliver killing again, but it's not nearly as bad as the Olicity soap opera stuff. I kind of like that Oliver is being a tough bastard who kills and it goes to show that a no-kill rule is really really hard to keep. Unfortunately the only "voice of reason" character the show has is Felicity (and maybe Thea, but she's out of Team Arrow right now and Diggle is away), so Felicity has to take that role, but we get annoyed with her because of all her previous baggage. Like, if it was Diggle telling Oliver what to do, we'd be totally fine with it.

Top Bottom