• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Even if it's coming from outside pressure, I'd prefer Oliver to unmask himself. His press conference speeches are always fun.

I agree with this .
If he going to unmask i rather he do it on his terms .
Which would be different and more interesting compare to how many times it almost happen before.

Luigi87

If Oliver revealed himself, wouldn't the law require him to be tried for numerous murders?

I mean sure while the police don't officially seek out the vigilantes, their anonymous nature sort of protects them, but um... lost my train of thought.

... also realized that with Lance off the force we never see what happens at SCPD anymore.

ZeroX03

Banned
Oh shit. Is
Ragman
going over to the dark side?

Not sure where you're seeing that.

If Oliver revealed himself, wouldn't the law require him to be tried for numerous murders?

I mean sure while the police don't officially seek out the vigilantes, their anonymous nature sort of protects them, but um... lost my train of thought.

... also realized that with Lance off the force we never see what happens at SCPD anymore.

Hard to say? The season one stuff isn't technically him as it stands, that's on Roy. I'm sure they don't care about him taking down Darhk. The murders this season are the big ones. I suppose they could pin it on Prometheus or something. Maybe the Mayor could pardon him?

LionPride

Banned
I have to watch this episode later, Game 7 was too important for me not to watch it. WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME NUKE FROM JJ WAS HUMAN TARGET THO

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Sooo...

We're all cool with Church somehow making it out of there, right?

Like, we don't need an elaborate explanation, right?

He can just show up next season with some magic amulet or some shit and we'll all accept that the throwing star wasn't fatal, right?

Sooo...

We're all cool with Church somehow making it out of there, right?

Like, we don't need an elaborate explanation, right?

He can just show up next season with some magic amulet or some shit and we'll all accept that the throwing star wasn't fatal, right?

Throwing star? Huh? Church took a nap. We all saw it. He'll wake up later on.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Kind of surprised that Tyreese was killed so soon - I thought he was going to be the season long villain. Though, having season long villains is usually lame because it robs the whole thing of any tension since you know they're not gonna die until the finale, so having shorter villain arcs definitely works in the show's favor.

LotusHD

Banned
Kind of surprised that Tyreese was killed so soon - I thought he was going to be the season long villain. Though, having season long villains is usually lame because it robs the whole thing of any tension since you know they're not gonna die until the finale, so having shorter villain arcs definitely works in the show's favor.

You really thought he'd be the season long villain? He's an imposing dude and all, but he's a pretty regular person all things considered. Not to mention Prometheus is a thing as well...

Luigi87

Not sure where you're seeing that.

Hard to say? The season one stuff isn't technically him as it stands, that's on Roy. I'm sure they don't care about him taking down Darhk. The murders this season are the big ones. I suppose they could pin it on Prometheus or something. Maybe the Mayor could pardon him?

That's generally the one I was thinking of. I mean theoretically they should be damn grateful he did what he did, but well, shows always have that one character.

Yeah, it's so good that ABC basically pulled it off the air for November sweeps.

Eh, I'll take a long break rather than on-off-on-off.

Eh, I'll take a long break rather than on-off-on-off.

I don't mind breaks either but a show not airing new episodes for most of November is a bad sign for its future. If SHIELD wasn't getting terrible ratings it would be airing on 11/15 and 11/22.

edit: And back on topic. This episode was pretty good. Arrow remains the best Berlanti superhero show this fall.

Dereck

DyRFrPM.gif

Got 'em

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
They're playing with some really interesting angles here. The journalist digging into Oliver's missing 5 years is one I'm especially eager to see come to fruition.

What was up with the assassin with the mask? Up until he shot Chance, I was positive that he would end up being the Human Target. He seemed way too unique to just be a random goon, especially since he sorta stood up to Prometheus as well.

Skux

Yo guys, that episode was great.

- Human Target fucking showing up out of nowhere and throwing in some fun new twists
- Diggle getting a new mask
- The flashbanks linking up with the main plot like in season 1 & 2
- Church's shit-eating "We cool bruh?" grin before getting offed by Prometheus

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Loved that moment. I've noticed that they're lamp-shading things a lot more this season, it really works to ease into the ridiculousness of certain moments.

I'd be perfectly okay with Church coming back at some point in the future. They don't even need to explain it, he was that good.

Grizzlyjin

I know nothing about Human Target. What's his deal?

And yeah, weird how "Scimitar" got wasted like that.

Basically, if you're afraid for your life, you hire The Human Target and he assumes your identity and takes the hit for you, taking the bad guys down in the process. So he just willingly puts himself into deadly situations for a living. I'm not familiar with the comics but there was a short lived (and awesome) show on Fox. I hope he comes back for a bigger role.

I literally know nothing about Scimitar. I have to imagine they plan on using that character again if they went through the trouble of designing a mask. Seems like a waste for a one off.

kinda don't even want Prometheus to be unmasked tbh. He's been so dope so far and I feel like all roads lead to disappointment the minute you get more in depth with these Arrow villains.

Another good episode, Olicity scenes had me worried but thank fuck they didn't push the button just yet.

Basically, if you're afraid for your life, you hire The Human Target and he assumes your identity and takes the hit for you, taking the bad guys down in the process. So he just willingly puts himself into deadly situations for a living. I'm not familiar with the comics but there was a short lived (and awesome) show on Fox. I hope he comes back for a bigger role.

I literally know nothing about Scimitar. I have to imagine they plan on using that character again if they went through the trouble of designing a mask. Seems like a waste for a one off.
Gotcha. Thanks. I was reading the DC wikia, and it looks like Human Target has no powers, so how did he pull off getting shot and not killed, I wonder.

Scimitar isn't even a character in DC comics at all, as far as I know. He doesn't even have a wiki entry.

Jonogunn

Who's the guy who plays victor in the bratva gang? He looks so familiar

And lol. This whole time I thought human target was the name of deathstroke mini

And how did they know he was gonna assassinate Oliver at that very moment and be shot in the chest? What if the guy sniped him in the head...never mind...plot hole cw tv logic

Corpekata

Banned
Show is really nailing it this season.

Smart pacing, not dragging things out like the Ragman reveal, and killing Church. I liked Church but his time was clearly up and we could have only gone so long before the clearly more powerful villain taking center stage.

Humor is more on point too.

Also had no idea that the Human Target in this episode was meant to be the same one from the TV show from a few years ago.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Is it just me or should Ragman just be doing everything? Seems like he can't be hurt and no one can fight him...why do the others even bother?

Top Bottom