• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

abundant

Whoever Prometheus turns out to be, I hope they handle it better then they did with Zoom's reveal. That completely killed Zoom's mystic and basically turned him from a good follow up to the Reverse Flash to one of the worst villains in the Arrowverse.

caliph95

Whoever Prometheus turns out to be, I hope they handle it better then they did with Zoom's reveal. That completely killed Zoom's mystic and basically turned him from a good follow up to the Reverse Flash to one of the worst villains in the Arrowverse.
It would be cool that there is no mystery to Prometheus that he's just is and that he is only after green Arrow to prove himself or some shit.

We are getting all these Bratva flashbacks, Prometheus gotta be either a Bratva higher up, or the one which Ollie tried to kill in Russia. I am betting on the latter.

Jonogunn

I love how we see so many actors and actresses in both Marvel and DC.

Didn't take me long to realize the guy paying Hunan Target was evil diet captain America in Jessica jones.

The women who played the inhuman leader in season 2 of AOS is in supergirl.

Ninja girl was in The Wolverine and Arrow.

Damien darhk and Dum Dum Dugan.

Is there anymore?

There are lots of ways Prometheus could be (or already is) better than Zoom. The biggest problem with Zoom (and Ra's al Ghul and Damien Darhk) is how early he started to interfere in the main plot, where he would show up, dominate, and then require some contrived bullshit reason to leave for a while without doing any permanent damage to anyone. He would do this so many times that we'd believe there is flat out no way for the hero to be able to beat him, and then by the season finale, he'd be massively nerfed so he could be beaten.

Prometheus could be better if he just works in the shadows for a while, and hopefully when he does show up to fight, he'll only be a little better than Oliver so that we can believe that Ollie can actually improve to his level (or at least have ultra-strong Ragman help out) for their last fight. It's what made S1 Merlyn and RF so good.

Joni

The Zoom problem was that he faked friendship, after which they never explained coherently why and how he was acting. Here, we at least know why, it is a consequence of what Oliver did in the first season. Now they just need to make sure that whatever Oliver did was big enough.

Flashpoint worked wonders for Arrow. Another fantastic episode this season.

It's the pacing that's really helped the show. Things are moving fast and no plot line has really dragged down everything.

The final scene though. All those screams and then Prometheus casually strolling up were incredible.

The Zoom problem was that he faked friendship, after which they never explained coherently why and how he was acting. Here, we at least know why, it is a consequence of what Oliver did in the first season. Now they just need to make sure that whatever Oliver did was big enough.
Stole his girlfriend.

Didn't take me long to realize the guy paying Hunan Target was evil diet captain America in Jessica jones.

Is there anymore?

Agent Vasquez on Supergirl S1 is Agent Piper on AOS S4.

abundant

There are lots of ways Prometheus could be (or already is) better than Zoom. The biggest problem with Zoom (and Ra's al Ghul and Damien Darhk) is how early he started to interfere in the main plot, where he would show up, dominate, and then require some contrived bullshit reason to leave for a while without doing any permanent damage to anyone. He would do this so many times that we'd believe there is flat out no way for the hero to be able to beat him, and then by the season finale, he'd be massively nerfed so he could be beaten.

Prometheus could be better if he just works in the shadows for a while, and hopefully when he does show up to fight, he'll only be a little better than Oliver so that we can believe that Ollie can actually improve to his level (or at least have ultra-strong Ragman help out) for their last fight. It's what made S1 Merlyn and RF so good.

I was fine with Zoom pre-reveal. He was basically a horror movie monster. What killed it for me was when they shit the bed with one of the most convoluted plot lines in Arrowverse history. That and being hit with the nerf hammer ruined Zoom for me.

I was fine with Zoom pre-reveal. He was basically a horror movie monster. What killed it for me was when they shit the bed with one of the most convoluted plot lines in Arrowverse history. That and being hit with the nerf hammer ruined Zoom for me.
Yeah, the nerfing on him, Darhk, Ra's, and Vandal Savage was too intense. In every single case, they went from flat out unbeatable to easily beaten with no explanation. At least Merlyn got pitifully weak over time.

On another note, it's been a while since we've seen China White or Count Vertigo.

A good season so far.

But that one guy at the end of the last episode was idiotic. You don't give up your only bargaining chip before you've secured the other part of the deal (your life).

Is there anymore?

Ryan Reynolds & Ben Affleck are probably the biggest ones. But neither of their previous roles are in the current MCU or any DCU

Adwale Akinnuoye-Agbaje was in Thor The Dark World and was Killer Croc in Suicide Squad.

Jonogunn

A good season so far.

But that one guy at the end of the last episode was idiotic. You don't give up your only bargaining chip before you've secured the other part of the deal (your life).

U would think someone as smart as church is would know something so basic. He's been in the game long enough.

My guess... Prometheus will be someone from the current flashback yet to be reveal..

Shaanyboi

Banned
My guess... Prometheus will be someone from the current flashback yet to be reveal..

Or he's Tommy. Don't forget, Amell said he put back on his Season 1 costume for some undisclosed scene coming up. Makes sense that they'd cut back to Tommy's demise (now changed because of Flashpoint)

I'd honestly rather it be Yao Fei now, now that someone here brought it up. It's way more unexpected and could easily explain why he's so formidable. I'm ready for more of season 1's awful Mandarin, as well.

Corpekata

Banned
I doubt it will be because of Flashpoint. The results of FP haunting someone like Barry works because he has the old memories too, while Oliver doesn't. So a FP based reveal doesn't work from a character perspective. And if they want it to just be Tommy surviving because he moved 2 inches to the left or w/e, they don't need FP for that.

WedgeX

Banned
Just caught up.

Is Worf the voice actor for Prometheus? Cause that would be great.

Bringing in even more DC properties like Human Target is good.

Who the hell was Ian? I don't even remember him being around during the episode except for that ending.

Annnnd no more Cuddy.

Skux

I think the start of this season goes to show that Arrow really benefits from not having OP metahumans/magicians thrown into the mix.

Ollie needs opponents that match his own abilities, and not completely dominate him (eg Darhk's force choke). Church was formidable, but not godly, and not beyond a good old fashioned ass-whooping.

Keeping things (sort of) grounded means that Ollie and the team can still take down the bad guys within their own means and not having to rely on magical artifacts and speedsters to get their job done.

Mirakuru Slade and Ragman power levels are okay though, since they aren't reality-altering powerful.

Nyanmaruz

Man, when Church name dropped Oliver Queen at then end, I was really expecting Prometheus to say "I already know his name", and then kills Church.

Magwik

Banned
Man, when Church name dropped Oliver Queen at then end, I was really expecting Prometheus to say "I already know his name", and then kills Church.
I think everyone was expecting it. Not only did they subvert that expectation but it was a solid moment of suspense that left us wanting and wondering more.

Top Bottom