• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This season, and this episode especially, is surprisingly introspective for a CW comic book show. They usually just sorta let things happen and move on, but this season has a lot of Team Arrow dealing with the consequences of past actions. The centerpiece of this episode is everyone reconciling the hypocrisy of Oliver's codes. Kill, don't kill, kill sometimes, etc. It's surprising that they're even taking this on, usually these shows just hand wave it away and hope the viewer forgets.

That last moment was just bonkers. Like crazier than any theory I could have come up with. I'm not going to even try to unpack it, I just want to watch it unfold.

6 for 6. Arrow is leading the comic book pack this season.

Nabs

This has to be one of the strongest starts to a season of Arrow. Just don't go reading what Olliciters are saying. Shit is bizarro world.

I don't know who does these things, but can I get a gif of the SO IT BEGINS part?

R0qwGz1.gif

Shit, this show keeps knocking it out of the park. It really feels like a culmination of everything since the first season. The list from season 1, the Russian connection from season 2, etc.

There's something creepy going on with Prometheus though. It really feels like he's some kind of ghost haunting the Green Arrow. No way is Lance him though. It's obviously a big red herring. I hope it isn't Felicity's boyfriend though.

Ithil

I'm noticing a very clear intention to lighten Felicity's character (back to how it was in early seasons). Zero drama with her, a lot more jokes and silliness. It's a pretty obvious conscientious effort to address the dislike she gathered over season 3-4.

Sephzilla

I'm noticing a very clear intention to lighten Felicity's character (back to how it was in early seasons). Zero dram with her, a lot more jokes and silliness. It's a pretty obvious conscientious effort to address the dislike she gathered over season 3-4.

Yeah, I'm noticing that too. Although I did worry we were hitting "here we go again" territory when Oliver found out Felicity had a new man

Yeah, I'm noticing that too. Although I did worry we were hitting "here we go again" territory when Oliver found out Felicity had a new man

I say this again...

The relationship itself wasn't the issue. It was the unnecessary drama that came from it and thrusting Felicity's character in moments where her character doesn't do well.

Joni

Finally getting around to the episode.
The Bratva training explains a lot about those random skills Oliver shows.

With the story going back to the List, could they also be going back to Mirakuru? Like Prometheus is actually Anthony Ivo back form the dead? And he is framing Lance?
Just pulling this out of my ass, but it would explain being arrow proof, grudge with Oliver etc.

Joni

They really have to remind us that Artemis is 17. She is looking damn hot. She is also a good voice of reason. Liked her heart to heart with Oliver.

They really have to remind us that Artemis is 17. She is looking damn hot. She is also a good voice of reason. Liked her heart to heart with Oliver.

She looked like she was going to jump Ollie's bones there. Maybe Ollie is just reminding himself that she is 17!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
She looked like she was going to jump Ollie's bones there. Maybe Ollie is just reminding himself that she is 17!

He didn't plan on doing anything "...yet."

I swear Ragman has been hitting on Curtis too. Something is going on there.

I say this again...

The relationship itself wasn't the issue. It was the unnecessary drama that came from it and thrusting Felicity's character in moments where her character doesn't do well.

Pretty much. Imagine if Olicity drama ended like the Felicity's admission in this episode. So much better.

Same issue they had with Thea's actress early on.

ZeroX03

Banned
I thought the scene with Oliver and Artemis managed to have a lot less sexual tension than one would expect from Arrow. I mean it was still there, but she's no Thea.

Da-Kid

It bothers me greatly that Green Arrow cannot holster his Bow and awkwardly walks around holding it. Like, I distinctly remember his bow could fold out and down but I guess they forgot that.

iosefe

It bothers me greatly that Green Arrow cannot holster his Bow and awkwardly walks around holding it. Like, I distinctly remember his bow could fold out and down but I guess they forgot that.

he is subconsciously paranoid and thus always at the ready

I thought the scene with Oliver and Artemis managed to have a lot less sexual tension than one would expect from Arrow. I mean it was still there, but she's no Thea.

nah. she looked like she wanted to jump his bones. i thought it looked more apparent than Oliver's scenes with Thea tbh.

Teletraan1

Banned
Prometheus is 100% Felicity's BF. I just watched it and it makes sense. He knew that she had analysed that throwing star so it would just be a matter of time before they figured it was someone from SCPD so he had to frame up Lance who is an easy mark as a drunk ex SCPD. After revealing that she was the working with the Green Arrow he was legit shook for like 2 seconds but just snapped back right away, it was really weird. The goofy question about why does he wear a mask was just a smokescreen. His arm was also not moving when he kissed her but did use it in a limited capacity.

caliph95

Did they dramatically change the structure from season 1 or what? Because "Devil owns a nightclub and helps the cops solve a murder a week because really he's just misunderstood" got kinda old.

As a fan of the comic this makes it hard for me to get into the show and i'm still hesitant even after only seeing the pilot episode.

But his mom is in it now !

This the Vertigo fan in me talking but how and why does Lucifer have a mom.

Top Bottom