• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Corpekata

Banned
I don't see them having Prometheus be Felicity's BF. Dude's too soft. He's not a bad actor or anything, but he is a Ritter, not exactly an acting family known for being intimidating. I would have a lot of trouble buying him in the role post reveal, similar to Zoom on Flash last year.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
...and 5x06 isn't even there.

slWeCzf.png

Dat S4 drop. And some people still don't think S3 was better.

Volimar

How would Lance, or Tommy for that matter know the names in the book?

Also, which one of you assholes wished on a monkey's paw for Arrow to be great again. I'm blaming you for Trump.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
This season, and this episode especially, is surprisingly introspective for a CW comic book show. They usually just sorta let things happen and move on, but this season has a lot of Team Arrow dealing with the consequences of past actions. The centerpiece of this episode is everyone reconciling the hypocrisy of Oliver's codes. Kill, don't kill, kill sometimes, etc. It's surprising that they're even taking this on, usually these shows just hand wave it away and hope the viewer forgets.

Well said!

Wozzly

special needs, sexual needs
It's obviously Moira with her lush flowing hair and that certain elegance in her step. I need a cold shower brb.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
As a fan of the comic this makes it hard for me to get into the show and i'm still hesitant even after only seeing the pilot episode.

This the Vertigo fan in me talking but how and why does Lucifer have a mom.

Same. I absolutely hated the pilot and have zero interest in ever watching the show. And that isn't even me being a comic book purist about it. I'm a huge iZombie fan and that only resembles the comic in the most basic aspects of the premise. The Lucifer pilot just turned me off so much.

I'm pretty close to only having CW comic shows in my weekly watchlist. Gotham is losing me fast, I don't care for Agents of SHIELD, Agent Carter is gone (😢) and Supergirl moved to The CW.

Prometheus is Barry, some time in the future he took an L so hard the time stream broke and created an L-point where Barry exists as multiple villains so he can keep taking Ls.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I had to remind myself who that is lol. What happened to Walter anyway, i missed season 4. Also why would go after Oliver and kill random people plus i don't remember him being a ninja.

He has been gone quite some time. He wasn't going after Oliver. He's going after the Green Arrow.

Sober

This season, and this episode especially, is surprisingly introspective for a CW comic book show. They usually just sorta let things happen and move on, but this season has a lot of Team Arrow dealing with the consequences of past actions. The centerpiece of this episode is everyone reconciling the hypocrisy of Oliver's codes. Kill, don't kill, kill sometimes, etc. It's surprising that they're even taking this on, usually these shows just hand wave it away and hope the viewer forgets.
I think it's particularly strong in Arrow's case because this might be the last big chapter left in Oliver before he maybe becomes full superhero? He is trying to be better but a lot of his past haunts him and I'm glad the show is actually willing to address it rather than just sweep it under the rug. I think this is particularly why I like the new recruits this season.

As much as Diggle and Felicity and even Thea and Lance are part of the team, I'm glad they don't have them treading familiar waters again with "Oliver can we trust you? Aw shucks, you're alright" another time. I mean yeah the recruits kinda exist to run that part but it's more understandable coming from them.

Don't forget we also have year five of Oliver before S1, so the easiest thing to do is show how much of a monster he has to become to be the cold blooded killer we meet in S1 vs. how much of an inspiring hero he has become (or has left to go).

Joni

He didn't plan on doing anything "...Yet .

That is a smart move. He has a couple of months.

if it helps, the actress just turned 21

I know. It is just funny in show context.

I thought the scene with Oliver and Artemis managed to have a lot less sexual tension than one would expect from Arrow. I mean it was still there, but she's no Thea.

True. But at least they tried to hide it with Thea.

What? Maybe superhero saturation? Too bad since this season is much better.

Look better. Scores for the season are up.

Kinda bad that when Felicity's BF didn't blow up in her face over her keeping secrets she didn't realise what a shit she had been whenever she did it or worse.

Joni

Kinda bad that when Felicity's BF didn't blow up in her face over her keeping secrets she didn't realise what a shit she had been whenever she did it or worse.

She has commented on it, both in this episode or the previous. She thought he'd be mad and that she deserved it for keeping those secrets. So she knows.

we all know who prometheus is

xMKW1OJ.gif

*cues radioactive*

Fully want it to be Tommy, would be an excellent flash point add on. Otherwise if they go with Lance I want alchemy to be involved at least. Otherwise someone new, don't want a flash season 2 type scenario, hated the jay was zoom reveal.

Teletraan1

Banned

Anyone doubting my theory just needs to watch that scene and pay attention to his mannerisms when she is telling him. They framed the scene in a way like it was all about Felicity but the guy was snapping for a second there and then corrects himself. Plus it just sets up more Ollicity once this obviously forced relationship dies. Also to the people questioning a Ritter's ability to be menacing, masked villains are rarely menacing when unmasked.

that quentin lance thing at the end had to be a work. Prometheus prolly just being a smart boy and is framing him to create some team arrow dissent.

Tommy is very much a possibility imo. I feel like they've been waiting to bring him back but he was busy with his stint in The Affair...now that he's no longer in that show.....

ZeroX03

Banned
that quentin lance thing at the end had to be a work. Prometheus prolly just being a smart boy and is framing him to create some team arrow dissent.

Tommy is very much a possibility imo. I feel like they've been waiting to bring him back but he was busy with his stint in The Affair...now that he's no longer in that show.....

...he's joined the cast of Chicago Med as a series regular, as of the show's premiere last year.

Top Bottom