• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Sephzilla

I think Tommy being Prometheus is still a possibility. He's a regular on Chicago Med but I don't think that would potentially stop him from being in an episode or two of Arrow for the unmasking.

GulAtiCa

I think Tommy being Prometheus is still a possibility. He's a regular on Chicago Med but I don't think that would potentially stop him from being in an episode or two of Arrow for the unmasking.

Yep. They don't actually need him to actually play Prometheus when still masked, so still a possibility.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Prometheus could be left masked right up to the very end and it would still work and, honestly, considering how knowing the identity hurt Zoom towards the end, it'd be preferable.

I do hope that it if it isn't Tommy or someone more far-fetched that the writers play with out emotions a bit and give us more red herrings alluding to Tommy or Robert Queen.

Sephzilla

My list (haha) of people who could be Prometheus

1- Tommy Merlyn
2- Quentin Lance
3- Roy Harper
4- Walter Steele
5-
Laurel Lance

WedgeX

Banned
No way, guys.

Its Raisa.

She never forgot about him.

But he forgot about her.

ffT6OXK.jpg

Sephzilla

this is by far the best Arrow has ever been.

I'm not going to go that far yet, because season 2. But so far this has easily been the best season since season 2. Hopefully this season doesn't nose dive in the second half like the 3rd and 4th seasons did.

honestly i think this is even better than season 2.

season 2 had slade during the flashbacks but also quite a bit of that season was kinda wack and felt like a regression until he finally showed up in the present timeline. and also it didn't even end well either.

though i gotta say seeing slade show up as Moira's guest...peak Arrow soap drama right there. They never had a swerve as good as that in the series since. And the moira murder scene was hella good too. CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE lmao

Ithil

honestly i think this is even better than season 2.

season 2 had slade during the flashbacks but also quite a bit of that season was kinda wack and felt like a regression until he finally showed up in the present timeline. and also it didn't even end well either.

though i gotta say seeing slade show up as Moira's guest...peak Arrow soap drama right there. They never had a swerve as good as that in the series since. And the moira murder scene was hella good too. CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE lmao

Is it time for the gif? I think it's time.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
This has definitely been the strongest first half they've ever had so far. Even season 2 took a little while to reach the heights we remember.

Killing Arrow is the best Arrow.

In the last episode, did Diggle just murder that guy at the riot, shooting him in the back? It was pretty quick, but it looked like it. So crazy.

ZeroX03

Banned
This is easily the best opening six episodes of any Arrowverse show to date.

We're only a quarter through the season though. After the mid season break is where S1 and S2 shone, and S3 and S4 faltered.

In the last episode, did Diggle just murder that guy at the riot, shooting him in the back? It was pretty quick, but it looked like it. So crazy.

Didn't they use the tranq gun sound effect?

Sephzilla

Killing Arrow is the best Arrow.

I'm pretty sure Diggle uses non-lethal rounds.

However I don't think Wild Dog uses non-lethal. Pretty sure he's just shooting bullets.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
this is by far the best Arrow has ever been.

So true. Season 2 was good, but it took until Slade showed up in the second half to get there. They've never started out so strong before.

Joni

I'm pretty sure Diggle uses non-lethal rounds.

However I don't think Wild Dog uses non-lethal. Pretty sure he's just shooting bullets.

If he does, the recruits are really stupid for screaming about The Hood if Wild Dog is shooting actual bullets.

Sephzilla

If he does, the recruits are really stupid for screaming about The Hood if Wild Dog is shooting actual bullets.

Real talk - The whole "everyone was mad at Oliver for having a kill list" thing was some kind of stupid manufactured drama. Because everyone in the room (besides Curtis) has murdered someone. And Oliver, in a very convenient way to manufacture drama, forgot to let everyone know that his kill list was everyone who was involved in Malcom Merlyn's undertaking. So it wasn't like Oliver was murdering innocent people.

Speaking of Malcom Merlyn, he's been surprisingly absent

Joni

Real talk - The whole "everyone was mad at Oliver for having a kill list" thing was some kind of stupid manufactured drama. Because everyone in the room (besides Curtis) has murdered someone. And Oliver, in a very convenient way to manufacture drama, forgot to let everyone know that his kill list was everyone who was involved in Malcom Merlyn's undertaking. So it wasn't like Oliver was murdering innocent people.

Speaking of Malcom Merlyn, he's been surprisingly absent

Oliver should really have clarified what the list was. These people just saw people they knew.

Sephzilla

Oliver should really have clarified what the list was. These people just saw people they knew.

Yeah, I was waiting for him or Diggle or Felicity to bring up that little detail about the list mostly because it makes Oliver's killings a bit more justified.

Minamu

I'm all caught up and I have some questions. First of all, who was that random Arkham Knight looking merc that Church hired?

Secondly, and most importantly, how are you guys coping with the fact that this whole season is strongly affected by Flashpoint? I keep expecting The Flash to end up solving all the issues and bringing Canary back from the dead, which I presume is his fault to begin with. What I mean is, when Flash finally fixes things at the end of his season (seems likely to me?) wouldn't that render this entire season, and potentially Flash's as well, entirely moot as if it never happened?

It's like one of those Morpheus eye splinters that I can't shake. I like the new episodes of both series, and Legends but they're likely to not be affected beyond saving you know who, but there's also this feeling of there being less of a point to these episodes since they might vanish into thin air once Flashpoint is resolved. That's usually how different timelines behave so far, right? They get erased and only Prime remains and no one retains any of the knowledge and experiences. It's pretty clear we're watching episodes based on the bizarro universe, and not the real people from previous seasons, yeah? I don't know how to deal :lol

My bet is that Flash will resolve Flashpoint and things will radically change back in Central City, but things will basically stay the same except for John Jr going back to Sara and Lyla will have long hair again. I am serious, I don't think Star City was affected that much due to their plot armor.

Corpekata

Banned
I really doubt we're going to see Flashpoint "solved" (I mean, it technically already was). There's no way they're ending another Flash season with time travel to correct mistakes. I wouldn't be surprised if they put the kibosh on time travel for the rest of the season.

There's a reason the only change here was like a baby that gets 2 minutes of screentime a season.

I'm all caught up and I have some questions. First of all, who was that random Arkham Knight looking merc that Church hired?
That's Scimitar.

And who's Scimitar? Hell if we know.

Secondly, and most importantly, how are you guys coping with the fact that this whole season is strongly affected by Flashpoint? I keep expecting The Flash to end up solving all the issues and bringing Canary back from the dead, which I presume is his fault to begin with. What I mean is, when Flash finally fixes things at the end of his season (seems likely to me?) wouldn't that render this entire season, and potentially Flash's as well, entirely moot as if it never happened?

It's like one of those Morpheus eye splinters that I can't shake. I like the new episodes of both series, and Legends but they're likely to not be affected beyond saving you know who, but there's also this feeling of there being less of a point to these episodes since they might vanish into thin air once Flashpoint is resolved. That's usually how different timelines behave so far, right? They get erased and only Prime remains and no one retains any of the knowledge and experiences. It's pretty clear we're watching episodes based on the bizarro universe, and not the real people from previous seasons, yeah? I don't know how to deal :lol
In my opinion, Flashpoint and superfluous time travel are already resolved, and I actually like the way they resolved it by having Jay Garrick grab Barry out of the speed force to tell him how dumb he is. So while Barry still can time travel and change things, he now likely won't, and I think that hits the right balance of removing this dumb plot point without nerfing Barry.

On the other hand, the crazy shit the Legends are doing should have repercussions but don't, which is annoying.

Minamu

They'll probably do a timeline merger instead. That way a certain someone on Flash can keep the powers and other traumas get fixed. But the fact remains, we're watching a new set of people on Arrow from the new timeline that Flash created, and all this moght not be happening at all on the other side. But as mentioned, maybe plot armor is protecting them somehow. Still kinda bugs me though, the stakes kinda aren't real until we see how Flashpoint gets resolved. Only with hindsight can we know if the dangers were real or not, which is a weird place to be at.

To be clear, I don't think that Flashpoint will be fixed by time travel per se, but it's still a separate reality we're watching, at least on Flash. Some version of our characters are gonna end up "dead" or erased, unless they merge it all into "and they lived happily ever after" :)

I'm not okay with either outcome. Either the characters from previous Flash seasons are deleted, or these ones are disposable fakes, and neither scenario is all that pleasant, for different reasons.

I think Flashpoint is already resolved. Even in the comics, its ultimate resolution was that Flash came back and shit was slightly different (New 52) from then onward.

ZeroX03

Banned
They'll probably do a timeline merger instead. That way a certain someone on Flash can keep the powers and other traumas get fixed. But the fact remains, we're watching a new set of people on Arrow from the new timeline that Flash created, and all this moght not be happening at all on the other side. But as mentioned, maybe plot armor is protecting them somehow. Still kinda bugs me though, the stakes kinda aren't real until we see how Flashpoint gets resolved. Only with hindsight can we know if the dangers were real or not, which is a weird place to be at.

To be clear, I don't think that Flashpoint will be fixed by time travel per se, but it's still a separate reality we're watching, at least on Flash. Some version of our characters are gonna end up "dead" or erased, unless they merge it all into "and they lived happily ever after" :)

I'm not okay with either outcome. Either the characters from previous Flash seasons are deleted, or these ones are disposable fakes, and neither scenario is all that pleasant, for different reasons.

They seem to be pretty adamant this timeline is the new normal. The other timeline is gone.

Joni

I said it last year and I will repeat it now. Time travel on the Flash will never have a big impact on Arrow. These shows are heavily connected but still meant to be enjoyed on their own. Undoing a year of Arrow for the Flash will never happen because that is a massive fuck you to the viewers. Might as well have Oliver wake up and say that laurel died in his dreams while lying next to Felicity.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I said it last year and I will repeat it now. Time travel on the Flash will never have a big impact on Arrow. These shows are heavily connected but still meant to be enjoyed on their own. Undoing a year of Arrow for the Flash will never happen because that is a massive fuck you to the viewers. Might as well have Oliver wake up and say that laurel died in his dreams while lying next to Felicity.

Exactly. They don't write these shows with the expectation that every viewer is caught up on every show, or that they even watch the other shows. Changing big story elements on Arrow because of a Flash storyline is shitty. Same as if something in Arrow started shifting things around in Flash.

And let's be honest, "Flashpoint" in The Flash had amounted to a new cast member being inserted into the show and a villain who creates new metahumans (how convenient), and minor story changes. It's not even in the same ballpark as the comic Flashpoint. Why mess with development in other shows when even the series that the event is occurring in is still sticking to the status quo.

Skux

Yeah, the shows can never influence each other too much. As much as the hardcore fans would love it, imagine if you just casually watch Arrow and then suddenly a new character pops out of nowhere and a dead character comes back and all the relationships are different and then you're given the explanation "It happened on another show". You'd be pretty pissed.

I can just imagine Felicity's boyfriend's reaction to her news in Season 3 or 4 being long drawn out drama. So glad the characters are acting like adults (or teens, in Artemis' case) this season.

Top Bottom