• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
It's a god damn comic show, people coming back from the dead and turning heel is half the fun.

Is it though? Characters come back from the dead on a regular basis in comic books but because of comic book tv shows being in their infancy I don't know how much we as viewers should or shouldn't expect when it comes from character resurrection.

Also people being brought back from death isn't what most concerns me. What worries me is I think Tommy has nothing left to give to the story (or at least anything good). Characters staying around longer than they should is how you end up in situations like Malcolm Merlyn. I prefer that characters end on a high note rather than lingering for too long becoming a sad pathetic husk of their former selves.
I'm looking at you Captain Lance.

I don't understand the desire for Prometheus to be unmasked as Tommy. His storyline feels complete. Him and Oliver were on good terms when he died. Tommy was ok with Oliver dating Laurel and he realized that the Arrow had to stop his father.

"Hey Oliver remember when as I lay dying we had a heart to heart talk, I forgave you and we were friends again. Fuck that shit, now I want to kill you."

The desire for characters to remain or return past their usefulness to the story is one of the more perplexing aspects of CW shows.

Keep real Tommy dead, but make his doppelganger on the Crime Syndicate Earth be Owlman.

Joni

Also people being brought back from death isn't what most concerns me. What worries me is I think Tommy has nothing left to give to the story (or at least anything good). Characters staying around longer than they should is how you end up in situations like Malcolm Merlyn. I prefer that characters end on a high note rather than lingering for too long becoming a sad pathetic husk of their former selves.
I'm looking at you Captain Lance.

Him being corrupted through his deathcould be an idea. We have seen people come back from the dead twisted. But it is also partially because he is the only big dude from the first season that would have a reason to oppose Oliver.

ZeroX03

Banned
Tommy comes back pissed that Oliver broke his promise not to kill. So he's going to kill as many people that are necessary to teach him how to be a better hero. Lesson one is over.

Joni

The Church scene wants to make you think Prometheus didn't know, but that is only so they can surprise us, either with him knowing through Artemis or him knowing because he is a familiar face.

Whatever happened to Oliver´s son? I thought he was going to be highlighted last season, but no one has mentioned him. Maybe Flashpoint has effected him?

Tommy comes back pissed that Oliver broke his promise not to kill. So he's going to kill as many people that are necessary to teach him how to be a better hero. Lesson one is over.

I was so pissed he completely started disregarding that vow once he'd killed Dahrk. Like, ok, that one guy might've been an exception, and he was edged on by all of his friends to do it, but suddenly we're back to murdering thugs? C'mon.

Tommy was like, the main turning point in Ollie's redemption from cold blooded killer to true vigilante. And now he's all but forgotten.

carlsojo

I think it'd be cool if Prometheus ended up being a chick (Rose Wilson comes to mind), but I don't want it to be annoying reporter lady.

"Oliver Queen, you have failed this city." is absolutely going to be the first thing Prometheus says to him.

Joni

I was so pissed he completely started disregarding that vow once he'd killed Dahrk. Like, ok, that one guy might've been an exception, and he was edged on by all of his friends to do it, but suddenly we're back to murdering thugs? C'mon.

Tommy was like, the main turning point in Ollie's redemption from cold blooded killer to true vigilante. And now he's all but forgotten.
Diggle isn't there to hold him back, he knows the cops are corrupt and almost everyone that he locked up escaped. He has reasons to kill again.

Diggle isn't there to hold him back, he knows the cops are corrupt and almost everyone that he locked up escaped. He has reasons to kill again.

Also Laurel death .
It took a friend death for him stop killing most people .
And now it took another one for him to start back .

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Although rag man has a great super power, the person with the best super power is Curtis. How he is able to turn a fro into braids as quickly as he gears up is nothing short of amazing.

They really need to cut his hair. And give him his Goddamn spheres. His jacket sucks too.

I think the showrunners have said that these are training uniforms, and they'll get better ones when (if) they graduate.

This probably only applies to Curtis, though, since Ragman cant change suits, Artemis is a traitor, and we're all counting the ticks of Wild Dog's death clock.

ZeroX03

Banned
I think the showrunners have said that these are training uniforms, and they'll get better ones when (if) they graduate.

This probably only applies to Curtis, though, since Ragman cant change suits, Artemis is a traitor, and we're all counting the ticks of Wild Dog's death clock.

Vigilante could change outfit.

- J - D -

Y0j3gEr.gif

eeeeeeeee

I wish this were just Arrow, Supergirl, and Flash, aka Timeline Abuse Man.

I would say yes, considering they're different people and all.

I'm not convinced.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I mean the gif, or that shot specifically. I want a hero shot of Arrow, Flash, and Supergirl together (our CW Trinity) like that one.

Hopefully we get a moment like that. A Barry, Kara, and Oliver meeting. Just them, the glue of the CWverse.

I'm very excited for this crossover. I know it's going to be it's own little thing. I just love the character interactions in the previous crossovers. The story will probably be boilerplate, I'm just hoping for a good time.

- J - D -

Hopefully we get a moment like that. A Barry, Kara, and Oliver meeting. Just them, the glue of the CWverse.

I'm very excited for this crossover. I know it's going to be it's own little thing. I just love the character interactions in the previous crossovers. The story will probably be boilerplate, I'm just hoping for a good time.

I expect all of that and then everyone meeting at CC Jitters at the end.

X-Frame

So I stopped watching Arrow around mid Season 4 but I'd like to come back because I'm hearing that Season 5 is a lot better, is that true?

Also, can I just start again with Season 5 premiere and then read a re-cap of S4 or something? I'd rather not watch the last 10 episodes or so if the season isn't good.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So I stopped watching Arrow around mid Season 4 but I'd like to come back because I'm hearing that Season 5 is a lot better, is that true?

Also, can I just start again with Season 5 premiere and then read a re-cap of S4 or something? I'd rather not watch the last 10 episodes or so if the season isn't good.

It's actually good again. Like all of the episodes that have aired so far have been good. We're all shocked.

Yeah, you could just start from the first episode of the season. They explain how everything ended last year.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

that's exactly what you need to do

read a wiki summary of S4 and start S5 - it's maybe the best the show has ever been

Joni

Yeah. You just need to know that
Dahrk launched nuclear missiles to destroy the world, Felicity had to divert one to a less populated area to save a city; that team Arrow broke up at the end of the season and that Oliver became mayor

Personally I'd say this season is as good as it's ever been if not the best it's ever been.

I don't even think you need to recap things to be honest. Aside from one major event involving one of the main characters (I'm not sure if you'd be up to that yet), nothing of consequence really happens. It's ending is basically the ending of Kingdom Hearts.

Actually, on second thought it's worth watching due to how it elevates terribleness to an art form.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I assume you never really had cornrows. Cornrows doesn't take long to put it unless you doing some special design. Plus he has them big ass cornrows probably take no longer than 30 minutes to do it.

I have, and even the cornrows he has takes longer than 1-5 minutes to do. Go back and watch some episodes where they gear up. Within minutes he goes from fro to braids after he puts on his gear. It's just not possible. I know this personally.

I have, and even the cornrows he has takes longer than 1-5 minutes to do. Go back and watch some episodes where they gear up. Within minutes he goes from fro to braids after he puts on his gear. It's just not possible. I know this personally.

The Flash is in this universe. Whenever Curtis has to gear up he calls Barry to get his hair and makeup did

Top Bottom