• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Nabs

Y0j3gEr.gif

eeeeeeeee

One of the best things about the first crossover was Diggle's reaction to Barry. I hope he has the same reaction to Supergirl. Or maybe he has seen too much to have a reaction at all.

Toki767

One of the best things about the first crossover was Diggle's reaction to Barry. I hope he has the same reaction to Supergirl. Or maybe he has seen too much to have a reaction at all.

I mean...so far Diggle has only met people with one set of powers.

Supergirl has a ton.

So there's still a chance.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I was hoping they'd also bring Constantine back. :(

So should I binge Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow in preparation for this or something?

Hmm. I'd say yeah if you want to get a better handle on the characters. Nate from Legends of Tomorrow is new to the team. The best thing about crossovers for me is the interactions that you only get during a team up.

If you're just worried about plot, there has been zero lead up to this in any of the shows. Which is nice, they all suffered having to buildup last year's.

Hmm. I'd say yeah if you want to get a better handle on the characters. Nate from Legends of Tomorrow is new to the team. The best thing about crossovers for me is the interactions that you only get during a team up.

If you're just worried about plot, there has been zero lead up to this in any of the shows. Which is nice, they all suffered having to buildup last year's.

I watched the first few eps of LoT, and it didn't really click with me, but since it's just a season to catch up on, I might just do it.
Heard mixed things about Supergirl, so I'm a bit more apprehensive about that one heh.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I watched the first few eps of LoT, and it didn't really click with me, but since it's just a season to catch up on, I might just do it.
Heard mixed things about Supergirl, so I'm a bit more apprehensive about that one heh.

I wasn't a huge fan of either in their freshmen season, but they've both come a long way in Year 2. Especially Legends of Tomorrow. Yeah, if you got the time, I say go for it. I'm sure the material will land better if you've got the background on the characters. You could just jump right into Season 2 of Supergirl if you wanted. They cleaned the slate on that one. Everything you need to know is in the opening or "Previously On..." segment.

Where's Ragman? He'd be more useful than half of them.

Ragman has been seen in behind the scenes photos from the crossover. It looks like the recruits are mainly going to be in the middle act (Arrow's episode), While Speedy and Spartan join Ollie for the rest of the crossover.

EDIT: And he's also in the back of the shot where Felicity, Curtis and Cisco are exploding alien tech

I wasn't a huge fan of either in their freshmen season, but they've both come a long way in Year 2. Especially Legends of Tomorrow. Yeah, if you got the time, I say go for it. I'm sure the material will land better if you've got the background on the characters. You could just jump right into Season 2 of Supergirl if you wanted. They cleaned the slate on that one. Everything you need to know is in the opening or "Previously On..." segment.

Fair enough. I'll give Supergirl s2 a shot then. Thanks. :)

Joni

When watching the trailer like that, I guess when you put it all together, it's kind of like a made for TV movie.

It would be better if they really made it like one continous movie. It is a bit more like three distinct acts now. But way harder of course.

ZeroX03

Banned
I know everyone wants Tommy, but he couldn't even make Arrow #100.
“There’s a nice nod to Colin, but he’s literally a series regular on another show,” Stephen told us. “We tried to make it work, but we couldn’t make it work.”
So either this is a huge fakeout and they made a deal to get him from Chicago Med, or we're all in for some big disappointment.

Effect

Whoever it is I get the feeling everyone is going to call BS on it. It's going to be a wtf and not in a satisfying way. I hope to be proven wrong but just this weird feeling I have.

Gig

One man's junk is another man's treasure
I don't understand the desire for Prometheus to be unmasked as Tommy. His storyline feels complete. Him and Oliver were on good terms when he died. Tommy was ok with Oliver dating Laurel and he realized that the Arrow had to stop his father.

"Hey Oliver remember when as I lay dying we had a heart to heart talk, I forgave you and we were friends again. Fuck that shit, now I want to kill you."

The desire for characters to remain or return past their usefulness to the story is one of the more perplexing aspects of CW shows.

I don't understand the desire for Prometheus to be unmasked as Tommy. His storyline feels complete. Him and Oliver were on good terms when he died. Tommy was ok with Oliver dating Laurel and he realized that the Arrow had to stop his father.

"Hey Oliver remember when as I lay dying we had a heart to heart talk, I forgave you and we were friends again. Fuck that shit, now I want to kill you."

The desire for characters to remain or return past their usefulness to the story is one of the more perplexing aspects of CW shows.

Blame it on Flashpoint, that's what The Flash's writing team does.

GulAtiCa

I see it more likely that if Prometheus is Tommy or Walter or other character we liked, I'd like to assume they became corrupted and twisted.

Surely it's Barry's fault somehow.

Platy

It's a god damn comic show, people coming back from the dead and turning heel is half the fun.

This

Is like when people complain about the timeline of x-men comics.... i want to scream DUDE WOLVERINE IS IN ALL THOSE BOOKS THAT ARE HAPPENING SIMULTANEOUSLY !

Grizzlyjin

Walter was athletic as fuck in that first Resident Evil movie before he got julienned by those lasers.

Top Bottom