• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

I believe they said the only time they could do all four shows was around this time, maybe LoT will have everyone doing wombo combos

Yeah - I get having any sort of crossover at all is hard to do with four separate filming schedules, so I appreciate it and it's definitely be awesome so far. But it's definitely felt like "this is the Flash episode of the crossover, this is the Arrow episode of the crossover, etc." as opposed to it feeling like a cohesive event.

Still enjoyed every episode, though!

Ray and Sara getting plenty of Arrow nostalgia I suppose. But it's not like we were lacking in their presence thanks to Legends.

Yeah for people who only watch Arrow, having Sara and Ray both back on it would be pretty cool.

The Light

Loved how the crossover was used to give us this 100th episode. Makes me miss Ray and Sara on Arrow.
Although it does suck that 2 out of the four shows barely had anything to do with the actual crossover.

Only one of the recruits doesn't show up to help find Ollie. Who could it be?

5f0.gif

TRAITOR!

Yeah the crossover stuff was light

I think Supergirl/Flash were in for what 3 mins?

But really good 100th episode.

Flash and Supergirl weren't around much; but we did have 2 of the Legends for almost the entire episode. So, it was light in some areas, but heavy on others. It's a lot of characters to pick and choose since they went more emotional than action based like Flash was.

ZeroX03

Banned
Really want him back with how they have done the character? Had him job twice this episode.

Every villain jobbed.

It's their destiny to lose.

I hope people aren't surprised when the Legends stop the Legion of Doom. Matt Letscher was completely open about the fact that the Reverse Flash is going to lose.

Also they're not real. And yeah, at this point, a non-powered Slade would definitely lose to Oliver.

Genius use of the crossover to frame the 100th Episode. I'd argue that it's the Arrowverse for a reason and celebrating that is a major part of the crossover imo. It all began with Arrow so it makes sense it got so much focus.

ZeroX03

Banned
‘Arrow’ EP Marc Guggenheim On Tonight’s 100th Episode, CW’s Mega-Crossover & What’s Next
GUGGENHEIM: At the end of the day that is always up to people far higher in the food chain than myself. That said I will say that I would be very surprised if we didn’t end up doing a four-show crossover where it’s not debatable to whether it’s three shows or four shows, where it really is all four shows – and God help us.
Arrow EPs Talk Episode 100's Surprise 'Cameos,' Oliver's New Focus and More

Effect

Having Ray and Sara be such a big part of the episode makes sense. They're so much the faces of Legends that I sometimes forget they're very much a big part of the Arrow show and fit right back in without any issues.

JSevere

damn this episode hit me right in the feels, the Oliver/Thea scene and the last bit with Laurel especially. they need to resurrect Best Canary already

Supergirl/Flash tag team was dope

I honestly thought this crossover was going to be messy as hell, but it's been well paced and written across the board. Kudos to the showrunners, the LoT portion would have to be a pretty epic trainwreck for me to be soured at this point.

Boke1879

Having Ray and Sara be such a big part of the episode makes sense. They're so much the faces of Legends that I sometimes forget they're very much a big part of the Arrow show and fit right back in without any issues.

It's also because Ray was a big part of Arrow. Him and Sara. Just like Jackson, Stein and Mick are much more relevant to Flash and got more screen time yesterday as opposed to today.

One thing I will say. This Crossover event I feel will raise the ratings of all the shows. It's getting people who normally don't tune into to one or the other to tune in.

I feel going forward they should try to do more teamups. Not overdo it of course.

Boke1879

I like the unintentional(?) format for these. The episodes DO feel like crossovers, but also distinctly their own thing.

Yup. If you're watching Arrow. It needs to feel like Arrow. Even in a crossover. It's why I think these are being done so well in the tv format. Each episode is true to the show it's airing on.

The "invasion" is the overall arc, but I LOVE how each episode is resolving and advancing it's own plot points.

Was great having Sara and Ray be such important parts of this episode.
Sara was always a great part of Arrow and with her just being on Legends it felt as far as Arrow went she might as well still be dead.

Yup. If you're watching Arrow. It needs to feel like Arrow. Even in a crossover. It's why I think these are being done so well in the tv format. Each episode is true to the show it's airing on.

The "invasion" is the overall arc, but I LOVE how each episode is resolving and advancing it's own plot points.

Exactly why I love the last two episodes. Even as dour as the Flashpoint plotline it is all well tied into everything.

damn this episode hit me right in the feels, the Oliver/Thea scene and the last bit with Laurel especially. they need to resurrect Best Canary already

Supergirl/Flash tag team was dope

Yup!

I honestly thought this crossover was going to be messy as hell, but it's been well paced and written across the board. Kudos to the showrunners, the LoT portion would have to be a pretty epic trainwreck for me to be soured at this point.

Yeah, and I'm pretty hyped for the finale.

It's also because Ray was a big part of Arrow. Him and Sara. Just like Jackson, Stein and Mick are much more relevant to Flash and got more screen time yesterday as opposed to today.

One thing I will say. This Crossover event I feel will raise the ratings of all the shows. It's getting people who normally don't tune into to one or the other to tune in.

I feel going forward they should try to do more teamups. Not overdo it of course.

Yeah, it's been great.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Very disappointed that they decided to do my absolute least favorite story trope for the crossover episode. Essentially, when watching stories of this type, I may as well just skip every single scene that takes place in the dream world. I loved yesterday's Flash episode and had some high hopes for this one, but I'm about halfway through and just want to skip ahead to the end. What's the point of watching these scenes of Oliver and Laurel discussing relationship drama? It isn't real and I doubt it will impact anything going forward, so what's the point?

ZeroX03

Banned
Very disappointed that they decided to do my absolute least favorite story trope for the crossover episode. Essentially, when watching stories of this type, I may as well just skip every single scene that takes place in the dream world. I loved yesterday's Flash episode and had some high hopes for this one, but I'm about halfway through and just want to skip ahead to the end. What's the point of watching these scenes of Oliver and Laurel discussing relationship drama? It isn't real and I doubt it will impact anything going forward, so what's the point?

That's pretty dumb as hell because all the dream world sequences inform Oliver. He made the choice to come out of the fantasy but he's double down on the mission.

In fact it ties in pretty nicely with Barry talking about how he wishes he could save his parents last week. Oliver said he'd do the same to Barry, but really, both he and (mostly) Barry know that their work is bigger than their feelings and desires.

I take it you didn't like "For the man who has everything."

That was the best episode of Arrow to date. They are absolutely crushing the crossover this year.

Don't know about to date but its easily the best since they introduced Barry in S2.
Which was the series highpoint for me(that "oh shit" moment when Cyrus Gold absolutely destroyed Oliver with superstrength).

mreddie

Great ep, love letter to the series.

It feels odd how this serious show opened up to include Flash, Legends and Aliens

Still found it funny that Kara and Barry teamed up with Zack Synder hero.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
That's pretty dumb as hell because all the dream world sequences inform Oliver. He made the choice to come out of the fantasy but he's double down on the mission.

In fact it ties in pretty nicely with Barry talking about how he wishes he could save his parents last week. Oliver said he'd do the same to Barry, but really, both he and (mostly) Barry know that their work is bigger than their feelings and desires.

Nah, just finished the episode and everything that happened in dream world was just 100th episode wankery. Trying to bring back all the departed characters they could drum up out of some sort of self reverence. Everything that happened in dream world was lacking in consequence, which is the case whenever this story trope pops up. I rarely like these sorts of stories and this one was no exception. Kind of a bummer for me. Wish the episode had been about them finding a way off the alien ship rather than a way out of their shared delusion. Whatever, you're free to like what you like, but for me this was an absolute disappointment, and pretty much the worst way they could have followed up yesterday's awesome Flash episode.

Great ep, love letter to the series.

It feels odd how this serious show opened up to include Flash, Legends and Aliens

Still found it funny that Kara and Barry teamed up with Zack Synder hero.

Yeah, it's really crazy. Going back and watching the Pilot; you could've never expected we are where we are today. I don't even think the show runners could've imagined it.

ZeroX03

Banned
Nah, just finished the episode and everything that happened in dream world was just 100th episode wankery. Trying to bring back all the departed characters they could drum up out of some sort of self reverence. Everything that happened in dream world was lacking in consequence, which is the case whenever this story trope pops up. I rarely like these sorts of stories and this one was no exception. Kind of a bummer for me. Wish the episode had been about them finding a way off the alien ship rather than a way out of their shared delusion. Whatever, you're free to like what you like, but for me this was an absolute disappointment, and pretty much the worst way they could have followed up yesterday's awesome Flash episode.

Hey, it's cool you can't understand how reflection and fantasy is used for character growth. Nobody's going to hold wanting a simple story about getting off an alien ship as the hundredth episode of Arrow.

Top Bottom