• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

ZeroX03

Banned

Sober

Marc Guggenheim has spoiled the finale of season 5, also revealing the flashbacks will end but the show certainly won't.
Don't worry, it is the ending we have been expecting for five years.
https://tvline.com/2016/12/04/arrow-season-5-finale-spoilers-series-finale-changed/
Also interesting that he reveals ideas like killing Tommy are quite last minute ones.
itsfuckingnothing.gif

Like honestly of course if your show wouldn't run for as long the minimum five years you wanted, obviously you'd still run it back to the start anyway. And since you're taking 1 season = 1 year flashback, this is plainly obvious that you should end season 5 in a similar manner. I don't know why he needed to clarify except maybe he just likes hearing his own voice.

Joni

itsfuckingnothing.gif

Like honestly of course if your show wouldn't run for as long the minimum five years you wanted, obviously you'd still run it back to the start anyway. And since you're taking 1 season = 1 year flashback, this is plainly obvious that you should end season 5 in a similar manner. I don't know why he needed to clarify except maybe he just likes hearing his own voice.

What did you think, that he would spoil it if wasn't something mundane? He clarified it because there was speculation that they would artificially lengthen it because 1 season = 1 year flashback is simply not true. Every flashback we have seen so far is significantly shorter than 1 year.

I wonder if they'll use the time to let the main story breathe, or find some kind of way to keep the A-Story / B-Story structure using some method besides flashbacks.

Getting rid of the Flashbacks should help with budget since it significantly reduces the cast, set, and wardrobe requirements of an episode.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
itsfuckingnothing.gif

Why so hostile?

Sephzilla

They weren't ALL bad. S2 was great. This season is probably the best it's been since then.

Season 2 is where they started to go downhill. The golden period was between Slade's first appearance in season 1 and Shado's death in season 2. Slade didn't have the same swagger as a baby villain as he did in the present as a fully-realized villain or before as an ally, which led to the flashbacks being "stupid stoic people doing stupid stoic things" with nobody on the charm offensive.

That may have been "a" slade Wilson but certainly wasnt our beloved swag wilson

This villain lineup is based on Barrowman and McDonough being on-call for Legends and Slade being easily replaced by a stuntman in a suit. If Ras and Slade were in the Legion of Doom, we'd see Manu and Nable in the dreamworld, too.

Wow, Diggle just showed up on Blue Bloods, playing the Mayor.

hmm

I watch Blue Bloods, he's been the Mayor for a long time, his character got shot and put into Wheel Chair few season back, guess with his full time role on Arrow just don't have time to be Mayor of NYC, he had more appearances as Mayor when his role on Arrow was smaller..

strafer

I watch Blue Bloods, he's been the Mayor for a long time, his character got shot and put into Wheel Chair few season back, guess with his full time role on Arrow just don't have time to be Mayor of NYC, he had more appearances as Mayor when his role on Arrow was smaller..

Well thanks for the spoilers dude.

Sephzilla

Sounds like he failed his city

Joni

Meme Monday stuff via Amell.

15327417_1224903957594869_608234473583981883_n.jpg

15337511_1224903984261533_4620983392957246506_n.jpg

KonradLaw

Meme Monday stuff via Amell.

Meh. I think at least partially Oliver's stunted emotions are deliberate choice for the character. And he does sell despair better than anything Gustin or Melissa did on their own shows.

He might not be the greatest actor, but he's not terrible and after so many years he's grown into character enough to deliver good performance. Same thing happened with Supernatural leads.

Sephzilla

Amell does a really good job of selling sadness. The way he immediately breaks down when Laurel tells him she still kept that picture is so incredibly genuine that it's heartbreaking.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Felicity is reading 7:15am. She might be late for work but she ain't going anywhere.

ZeroX03

Banned
Can Arrow end the year nine for nine? Find out tonight...

#5.09 "What We Leave Behind"
Episode Promo
PROMETHEUS MAKES A DEADLY MOVE AGAINST OLIVER AND THE TEAM — After Prometheus attacks Curtis (Echo Kellum), Oliver (Stephen Amell) realizes Prometheus knows all of Team Arrow’s secret identities and is planning to come for them one by one. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Detective Malone (guest star Tyler Ritter) discover a clue that links Prometheus to Oliver’s past with Tommy Merlyn (guest star Colin Donnell). Antonio Negret directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Beth Schwartz.
ar509b_0153b.jpg

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
What if Prometheus just kills Artemis? That ties up loose ends.

Prometheus kills Artemis, then takes off the mask to reveal...Artemis.

[Arrow swoosh sound]
[Cut to black]

I wonder if she's getting a redemption arc.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm really having trouble of thinking who Prometheus would be other than Felicity's boyfriend. I can't see them bringing back a S1 character without any hints. We're getting
season one flashbacks
this episode so that could set him up in the past. I just assume it's a heretofore unknown person wronged by the Hood, and really Felicity's boyfriend is the only person who slots in there.

Or there's a big twist and Adrian Chase isn't really Vigilante.

carlsojo

I can't watch it live, so I'll throw my prediction out here one last time before tonight:
Prometheus is Connor Hawke from Star City 2046.

If Evelyn dies tonight I'll be pissed, Artemis deserves a good redemption arc. Hell, if any of the kids die I'll be pissed. I love these idiot recruits and how much fun they bring to the show.

I'm really having trouble of thinking who Prometheus would be other than Felicity's boyfriend. I can't see them bringing back a S1 character without any hints. We're getting
season one flashbacks
this episode so that could set him up in the past. I just assume it's a heretofore unknown person wronged by the Hood, and really Felicity's boyfriend is the only person who slots in there.

Or there's a big twist and Adrian Chase isn't really Vigilante.

In the trailer it looks like
a hooded figure behind Felicity's boyfriend, probably Prometheus.

Joni

Just waiting for the moment they'll reveal Artemis infiltrated Prometheus organization on her own, without telling her team, to spy on him. At which point Oliver berates her for doing something so stupid.

Top Bottom