• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I actually liked Superman Returns... 😔

carlsojo

Just gonna throw this theory out there:

I think Prometheus may be Connor Hawke from Star City 2036. He's here to "prepare" Oliver to save the city from the anarchic ruins it becomes. As John Diggle's son and Oliver's protege, he would know about the list and Oliver's original mission. He likely views Oliver's new team/friends/responsibilities as distractions from what must be done.

Yager

Banned
Routh better than Cavill as Superman? Y'all fucking crazy.

Great episode, one of Arrow's finest. Every character in the series had something to do, and at the same time they manged to put a bit of the crossover thing. This Invasion thing has been great.

KonradLaw

Heh. Imagine, Prometheus spent years preparing for his revenge, then months realizing the early elements of his master plan. All the work gathering the arrows, leaving clues, putting a mole in Arrow team. All so he could get his perfect revenge and he could have been left with absolutely nothing because "lol..sorry dude, Oliver got killed in alien space ship ;(" :D

Roy was originally going to be in the episode as Thea's dream boyfriend, they still met each other and fell in love.

But Colton couldn't make it, so they had CG using footage from old episodes. That's why he looked weird.

Ah. That makes sense. Would have been cool if he'd been able to.

Great episode, one of Arrow's finest. Every character in the series had something to do, and at the same time they manged to put a bit of the crossover thing. This Invasion thing has been great.

Yup.

Joni

Heh. Imagine, Prometheus spent years preparing for his revenge, then months realizing the early elements of his master plan. All the work gathering the arrows, leaving clues, putting a mole in Arrow team. All so he could get his perfect revenge and he could have been left with absolutely nothing because "lol..sorry dude, Oliver got killed in alien space ship ;(" :D

It would have been nice if villains sometimes find out about crossover villains, like Dahrk just ending up on a Earth with only Vandal Savage...

Trojan X

Banned

Not THAT Superman. We never said that Brandon is better than that Superman:
4581556-vpp6mn.gif
super-1430406251.gif

We are saying he is better than THIS Superman:

SupermanandSupergirl.gif
l3w8W.gif

I'd be so happy if they put Brandon in a universe where he is Superman instead of The Atom. That would probably make everyone go insane.

Yager

Banned
Not THAT Superman. We never said that Brandon is better than that Superman:

We are saying he is better than THIS Superman:

I'd be so happy if they put Brandon in a universe where he is Superman instead of The Atom. That would probably make everyone go insane.

Ah ok. Then I agree with you. Though I must say that I enjoyed Supergirl's Superman, maybe because I expected it to be much worse.

Supergirl Superman is way better than Cavill? That is just silly.

fixed

strafer

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
V

HAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

I CANT

THIS THREAD

LOL

thank you for the laughs

I would've been okay with Routh as Superman and Tyler as Nightwing. Because Nightwing would've been on one of these shows in this fantasy scenario.

Who knows what is going on behind the scenes, but even if Batman won't show up on Supergirl, merely acknowledging his existence gives them an in to bring Nightwing or Batgirl for some team ups.

Routh was so much better than Tyler as Superman. Considering they were going for something similar with the Reeves homage.

Cavill is a different beast altogether. It's hard to compare him when his superman is much different altogether (like it or not)

edit: also I don't get why fans of the newest Superman gotta shit on Reeves though, it reeks of insecurity that people didn't universally love the newest take. who cares, I think the latest movie Superman gets undeservedly shitted on but I'm not gonna deny that Reeves was dope either.

Yager

Banned
After two movies it is clear that he is quite incompetent and boringly angry. In Supergirl he feels like he's has fun.

So you haven't seen Superman ruining the latest batman movie.

Incompetent? Boringly angry? Do you realize that Cavill's Superman had to face things the other take of the character didn't, and that he is still on the process of becoming "100% Superman"?

edit: also I don't get why fans of the newest Superman gotta shit on Reeves though, it reeks of insecurity that people didn't universally love the newest take. who cares, I think the latest movie Superman gets undeservedly shitted on but I'm not gonna deny that Reeves was dope either.

Reeve was great, I still enjoy a lot his take on the character, but it was also a product of it's time and I can see why a lot of people nowadays don't like that version of Supes.
Anyway, lets not turn this into another "NOTMUHSUPERMAN" shitshow because it leads nowhere.

Joni

Incompetent? Boringly angry? Do you realize that Cavill's Superman had to face things the other take of the character didn't, and that he is still on the process of becoming "100% Superman"?

Like what? They aren't inventing threats, Superman had faced things like this a lot. And that is ignoring how terrible his Clark Kent is. Tyler had a real Clark which is always the secret. Superman wants to be Clark.

Dammit Joni...you were suppose to be one of the good guys... What happened. :(

Snyder made a bad batman movie.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Y'all play too much.

I've found something to like about every modern interpretation of Superman...except Cavill. i'm not even hating on the actor, I just don't like anything about Superman's portrayal in Man of Steel or Batman v Superman. It feels like going to a nice restaurant and being served ashes dusted across a dry saltine, accompanied by a side dish of sand.

It's weird to think that Arrow's interpretation of the Green Arrow is going to be the definitive representation for so many people, probably for years. He's used in other places, but I can't imagine we'll see a Green Arrow animated series or something that would overshadow any of this.

And I really liked the version of Superman we got on Supergirl. I think it was just the medicine some of us needed if we didn't care for the OTHER Superman in pop culture.

Yager

Banned
Like what? They aren't inventing threats, Superman had faced things like this a lot.

Snyder made a bad batman movie.

Not the threats, but how the world around him reacts. And stop calling it a batman movie because it is not.

Joni

Not the threats, but how the world around him reacts. And stop calling it a batman movie because it is not.
Which you could use as an excuse for Superman v batman, not man of Steel. And it is a logical consequence of what he did in the movie. And as the batman parts are the good ones, I will call it a batman movie. The old broken batman is a fun idea as that is a logical progress to the character.

Yager

Banned
Which you could use as an excuse for Superman v batman, not man of Steel. And as the batman parts are the good ones, I will call it a batman movie. The old broken batman is a fun idea as that is a logical progress to the character.

But in Man of Steel he's "first day on the job" Superman. He's a guy trying to find his place in the world. Are we getting in the "more smiles" territory?

Joni

Ok, we are getting in the "I didn't get the scene" territory. As I said, there's no point in arguing this because you won't change your mind and this is not the place.
Yes Mr Snyder. It is on the people not getting the scene and not in just being a badly written and acted scene. Considering the reception for the movies, they would be better off with just rebooting the portrayal of that Superman.

Yager

Banned
Yes Mr Snyder. It is on the people not getting the scene and not in just being a badly written and acted scene. Considering the reception for the movies, they would be better off with just rebooting the portrayal of that Superman.

I wasn't talking about how good/bad was it written or acted, just that it seems that you don't get the scene because Clark is not guilty of the death of his father. He didn't "let his dad die in the most stupid way". Anyway, lets not derail this anymore.

I wish I was Mr Snyder

Joni

And it was amazing to see all three of them back. They need to find a way to make Earth 2 Robert Queen come in for a couple of episodes.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
But in Man of Steel he's "first day on the job" Superman. He's a guy trying to find his place in the world. Are we getting in the "more smiles" territory?

I mean, it's a fundamental misunderstanding of the Superman character, but I guess Man of Steel's "first day on the job" Superman is okay.

Even though I'm struggling to figure out how it's his first day on the job in the movie, as he's basically been saving people the whole time except not in the suit.

Grizzlyjin

I like that Thea will suit up if the situation requires it. She's over it, on a regular basis, but she isn't going to pretend like she can't pitch in. It makes sense, not everybody would want to devote their life to beating up goons

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Decent episode. Still think Flash was the best part of the crossover so far.

I'll watch the finale of the crossover tomorrow.

Top Bottom